Looking to daily a Cobra

Greg06

Established Member
After my current lease is up. I'm really looking to buy a Cobra for myself. My commute to work is 6 miles round trip, and I wouldn't have to sit in traffic. What are some issues that come up with these cars? Are there any preventative measures to take when deciding to daily one of these cars?

Greg06

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They can be pretty much as reliable as most other high performance cars, but the more you mod the motor the lesser it can sometimes function reliably as a daily driver. Not in every case, of course. Generally if you perform minimal mods (ie. intake, exhaust, a smaller upper pulley (max boost around 14 lbs.), and a safe tune, you can drive it regularly. Factors such as the age of the car, quality of mods, quality of installation, engine mileage, general maintenance, etc., play into it, too. The clutch is stiff so stop and go traffic can be hard on your leg muscle. LOL. While I owned my '03 Cobra (had those minimal mods above for most of its life with me) I pretty much drove the car daily except during the months of December - March. But of course it was newer at that time, too.

joker21705

Established Member
Here is my veiw of someone who just bought a cobra and wants to drive it all the time but I don't, as a daily car i wouldnt want to drive it everyday I drive 25 miles all highway and as much as I love to drive the cobra I have a newer fusion I'd rather drive the fusion most of the time and enjoy the cobra on weekends and once in awhile go to work in it. I have basic bolt on upgrades. Just more relaxing and like cobra Bob said if you do have traffic the clutch is stiff.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mbiro594

Established Member
Drive every day and love it! Hated the seats so I took some recaros out of an Evo X and it's perfect for my height. I drive about 60 miles round trip a day. No problems so far after 5k miles of ownership and it puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key. :thumbsup:

Greg06

Established Member
Drive every day and love it! Hated the seats so I took some recaros out of an Evo X and it's perfect for my height. I drive about 60 miles round trip a day. No problems so far after 5k miles of ownership and it puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key. :thumbsup:

I can only imagine. I'd like to just be excited every time I need to drive somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had to use our truck while I was figuring out my cooling issue..

elbow room and bluetooth was nice but not a cobra..

im back in cobra again..got fm bluetooth now for music..

cant be happier...

daily drive is 125miles plus..both city and hwy..

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Do it! I've averaged 1,100 miles per month since 2004 daily driving a terminator. Shitloads of fun :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread