Looking for Paint Shop recommendations

chuckstang

Established Member
The thing that gets me going is when I am at a custom paint shop and they continually try and tell me how much brown is in my Ford paint mix from the facory.

NOT TRUE
haha

Both times this was done, paint came out with brown in it and obviously did not match.

People keep telling me there is no such thing as Ford paint and bla bla bla, but why is it that when I do go to a Ford dealer body shop the paint always matches 100% (but yes the quality does suck lol)

Where every time I have been to a custom shop the quality is better but the paint never matches. So whats the deal really? I think you should be able to get both, quality and paint match. Paint not matching 100% is unacceptable, period.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
The car is at autopaint RI, so I will post pics when complete. Its not the easiest work, as it is painting a carbon fiber hood, leaving the strakes in carbon, and clearing the whole thing. The previous paint job got bubbles in it!! Sucks to have to pay for a job twice, but it was previously painted in San Diego.

We did John D's 04 GT with a Carbon Fiber hood and Joe F's.
Joe's had custom airbrushing done to look like the carbon fiber was tearing through the paint.
Joe's son Johnny works at AutoPaint if you wanted to see his 2001 COBRA and the airbrush/paint work.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
The thing that gets me going is when I am at a custom paint shop and they continually try and tell me how much brown is in my Ford paint mix from the facory.

NOT TRUE
haha

Both times this was done, paint came out with brown in it and obviously did not match.

People keep telling me there is no such thing as Ford paint and bla bla bla, but why is it that when I do go to a Ford dealer body shop the paint always matches 100% (but yes the quality does suck lol)

Where every time I have been to a custom shop the quality is better but the paint never matches. So whats the deal really? I think you should be able to get both, quality and paint match. Paint not matching 100% is unacceptable, period.

If you hate the match of your car you should check any Toyota/Lexus product from the factory in the late 90's early 2000's or a Chevy Impala. Their urethane bumpers and rocker moldings don't match no matter what color. I tried to get my old company car, 06 Impala, matched under warranty and was told no by a couple GM dealers. GM sent it out with a horrible match and they wouldn't even correct it. It was white.

Some colors need to be blended for color match and some don't. It all depends on the condition of the paint on your car and the ability of the shop to match the color. Some colors, like new Nissan red, has up to 10 variants. No way someone will eyeball that color to a perfect match.

You want your paint match then pay them to blend it. Otherwise you will have to live with it. Unless you blend there is no way to guarantee a perfect match with todays paints. With waterborne paints becoming more and more mainstream the ability to match w/o blending will become better.

rufus5.0

Established Member
were those auto paint guys at a car show or carnival parking cant tell wit those $2 dollar trophys they had to buy

gtmustang00

Established Member
excuse me seen ur car at tasca ford car show why was it there every one has seen a stock terminator wow

wow rufus, you live in the ghetto and you talk like you live in the ghetto. go somewhere else and be a prick.

rufus5.0

Established Member
when any one of u so called show cars want to come to the world of wheels this year c u there i will have 3 cars there show u the work we do taken many trophys there not at a carnival register ur car i will check it out

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Rufus, what booth can you be found at? Am curious to see your work.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
when any one of u so called show cars want to come to the world of wheels this year c u there i will have 3 cars there show u the work we do taken many trophys there not at a carnival register ur car i will check it out

so you'll be entering your car into a show where you are up against a bunch of riced out honda's found in the back streets of lawerence?? Awesome.... congrats

sorry dude, the WOW show is a second rate show...still not impressed...nice try though

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I dont think we will get a response from Rufus, until after 2 p.m.
I think thats when junior high gets out?

Users who are viewing this thread