Looking for Paint Shop recommendations

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Hey guys, I need to get some paint work done on my vert, nothing huge but I was looking for a recommendation for some paint shops you have used. This is to repair the front of my hood where the paint bubbled and fill in some other random rock chips. I am in Newport, RI currently but would drive for the right place. Thanks.

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
Went by there, more expensive than when I got the hood painted, but seems like a nice place. Actually, the nicest paint shop I have ever been to. I will probably use them. Thanks.

crankshaft04

Run What You Brung
Established Member
Modern Auto Body in Brockton Mass does awesome work,they do alot of high end cars, they fixed a scratch on my cobra and it came out mint

Parrella35

Established Member
+1 on Modern Auto Body in Brockton. There work is second to none, class act and quality work. Make take sometime to get in there schedule but its worth the wait. If that doesn't convince you, swing by there and check out their work for yourself...top notch from personal experience and friends too.

chuckstang

Established Member
Just to compare guys, has anyone been to Factory Collosion in Weymouth?

They consider themselves a good shop, they are by far the worst I have ever been to, I mean borderline criminal.

Please tell me this place in RI and Brockton are far superior lol

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Just to compare guys, has anyone been to Factory Collosion in Weymouth?

They consider themselves a good shop, they are by far the worst I have ever been to, I mean borderline criminal.

Please tell me this place in RI and Brockton are far superior lol

as mentioned...go check thier website...hands down one of the nicest facilities in NE...there is a reason why they have so many ferrari's on thier home site. As I always say..you get what you pay for.

chuckstang

Established Member
I just had a new hood put on my R, and American Auto Body & Repair, Inc. in Leominster, Mass. did an incredible job at matching the paint and aligning the hood. Did not have to blend the fenders or anything..

Would highly recommend.

Let me know how the durable is ok?

Because it is my experience that at first you can not tell the quality, just the paint match. But Id like to know if its as durable as the factory coat and as thick.

After a month I realized my paint job was shit because it started peeling off and chiping like crazy, not too mention they cheapened out and did not paint the edges of the hood and IMO it looks like shit because its duller on the edges which is not right

How much was it to have your hood painted and so on?

chuckstang

Established Member
as mentioned...go check thier website...hands down one of the nicest facilities in NE...there is a reason why they have so many ferrari's on thier home site. As I always say..you get what you pay for.

Not always, I have been to places that charge an arm and a leg but the quality is just not there, but I will take your word :beer:

IMO 400-500 to paint a hood is not cheap, or is it?

crankshaft04

Run What You Brung
Established Member
Modern backs there work, there prices are competive with all other shops, they dont hack either, ask around they have a good rep , the owner has 2010 shelby thats bad ass , my buddy runs the shop his name is Mike call him 508-580-6422 and tell him your from the site and to give you a quote, as for the shop it has security , my cobra and race car have stayed there multiple times and never had an issue

chuckstang

Established Member
Modern backs there work, there prices are competive with all other shops, they dont hack either, ask around they have a good rep , the owner has 2010 shelby thats bad ass , my buddy runs the shop his name is Mike call him 508-580-6422 and tell him your from the site and to give you a quote, as for the shop it has security , my cobra and race car have stayed there multiple times and never had an issue

cool, thanks man good to know!

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
probably too much of a ride, but Wizard Auto Body in Hamden, MA is one of the best I've ever used. Paul Serafin is the owner and I'd like to have a buck for every high-performance car he's ever built or repaired. Vintage Cobras, Corvettes, and he's authorized IIRC... by Ferrari to work on their cars. The best part is his prices are extremely reasonable. The name of the place is corny... but he can do the work.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
are the prices ridiculously high at autopaint in RI or fair for what you get?

It's my Uncle's shop.
Tell them you are friend's with his nephew Eddie

They do absolutely incredible work as you can tell by some of the cars on our website. www.autopaintri.com

I just painted my 1994 GT Convertible and a friend's 1986 GT over the winter.

NewImage2-1.jpg

NewImage-2.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
It's my Uncle's shop.
Tell them you are friend's with his nephew Eddie

They do absolutely incredible work as you can tell by some of the cars on our website. www.autopaintri.com

I just painted my 1994 GT Convertible and a friend's 1986 GT over the winter.

Hey Eddie, I think I met you in RI at autos of the world :beer:

Thanks I appreciate the heads up

I had Tasca do paint work on my Shelby and the quality was not even worthy of Mazda, absolute crap.

Thanks again

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
The car is at autopaint RI, so I will post pics when complete. Its not the easiest work, as it is painting a carbon fiber hood, leaving the strakes in carbon, and clearing the whole thing. The previous paint job got bubbles in it!! Sucks to have to pay for a job twice, but it was previously painted in San Diego.

Users who are viewing this thread