Looking for Deep Sound

Pock

It’s an addiction
Established Member
I'm waiting for my car to get here and my list of mods has started!! I'm looking for a nice deep sounding exhaust. I'm thinking Borla Stingers with a Bassani catted or SLP catted X-pipe. Is this a good combo? I have read about every set-up possible and this seems like it's a popular choice??? Are there any other options I should consider?

:beer:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Borlas sound good. I ran the Borla C/B for awhile with the stock H and really liked it. Just recently changed the H for a Bassani catted X...still not sure about it as I have only gotten the car out once since I put it on.

I've always liked the MAC prochamber & C/B combo...sounds really good but IMO there are too many mustangs running MAC (around me anyways...I like to be different. lol).

One of the best combos I have heard I found on youtube. Search bmosely or 4stringmotherf**ker (something like that)...I think he's a member on here and think he's running a bassani catted X with 3" mac flowpaths....sounds beautiful!!

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
CIMG0833.jpg

CIMG0834.jpg

CIMG0836.jpg

Last edited:

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
If you want a deep powerful muscle-car sound you need an MRT catted H with a set of Flowies Super 40's or Super 44's. Or a Mac catback. H pipe + chambered mufflers = deep aggressive muscle car tone.

The Borla Stingers are wicked sounding also, but they sound different and really need EITHER the stock H or a quality X-pipe like Magnaflow's True X. Cats or no cats, thats your decision.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
If you want a deep powerful muscle-car sound you need an MRT catted H with a set of Flowies Super 40's or Super 44's. Or a Mac catback. H pipe + chambered mufflers = deep aggressive muscle car tone.

The Borla Stingers are wicked sounding also, but they sound different and really need EITHER the stock H or a quality X-pipe like Magnaflow's True X. Cats or no cats, thats your decision.

:beer: You can't go wrong with that setup..

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Your not going to get that deep sound you want with a x pipe/borla. Borla + h pipe is the deepest sound I have ever heard on a 03/04. Throw on some Lt's and it's just mean sounding.

Last edited:

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Listen to how this sounds after it goes by and grabs the next gear. Its deep, loud, but......mellow, NOT raspy. This is my MRT catted H with Super 44's and stock manifolds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h50-6Yn2Fmw]YouTube - 2004 Cobra Exhaust Clip flyby #2 Flowmaster/MRT[/ame]

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
Let me get a quick vid tomorrow of my car, Mac O/R H, MAC cat-back, definately deep and throaty. I let my friend drive it so I could stand by outside and hear him drive by, it sounds badass :rockon:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I vote h pipe also. and with a chambered muffler. 3" catbacks will be louder, but deeper and cats will clean up the sound alot, and deepen the tone.

check these out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDLu75ZpJM]YouTube - 2001 SVT Cobra JBA Exhaust[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2sg2RG7UQ]YouTube - 2003 SVT Cobra w/ JBA Exhaust Kit[/ame]

I will be switching to a h pipe soon to compliment my kooks lt's and steeda (borla) catback. right now, I have the kooks o/r x and it sounds pretty good, but not quite deep enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread