Looking for a good mattress at a reasonable price…

IA Shelby

Established Member
Looking to purchase a good mattress that isn’t priced through the moon (15k) for a vacation home.

Looking for a king, firm and one that doesn‘t heat up like a frying pan.

Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

Tag

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
FYI...take your time and do your homework (I spent BIG and regret it)

It's such a personal preference purchase, that only you can answer.

Rule of thumb I found out after:
May is considered the best month to buy a new mattress. Many manufacturers come out with brand new products in June, so retailers have to clear out their inventory before then to make room. This means plenty of promotions and deals on previously full-priced products.

IA Shelby

Established Member
We bought the premium Tempur Pedic adjustable, 8 degrees cooler mattress for our primary residence. Stupid expensive but I wouldn’t say I regret it.

I am looking for something less expensive (due to the limited use) but still good so I don’t wake up feeling crippled.

Last edited:

Saleen498

Established Member
I bought my kingsdown in 2004. I'm 240ish lbs and just now am getting a slight spring noise. Very happy with the comfort. Looks like a king sized pillowtop is about $2500 with standard box springs.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife takes care of our sleeping comfort.

I will someday get a sleep number with the air-conditioning coils. Obviously overkill for most people. But I'm boujee as my wife puts it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking to purchase a good mattress that isn’t priced through the moon (15k) for a vacation home.

Looking for a king, firm and one that doesn‘t heat up like a frying pan.

Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

Tag

I have bought a couple on Amazon. One for my dad and one for one of our guest rooms. They are fantastic. I like a firm mattress and this one is great.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have bought a couple on Amazon. One for my dad and one for one of our guest rooms. They are fantastic. I like a firm mattress and this one is great.
Thanks Klaus. Would have never considered anything this inexpensive without your vote of confidence.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As already stated, buying a mattress is very personal preference purchase. And most of the time, the price of the mattress doesn't reflect the quality of the sleep you'll get. We spent about $5,000 on our current mattress, and honestly I believe we overpaid for what we needed. We've been to hotels with mattresses that probably cost half as much and that we found to be more comfortable. That said, my wife finds our mattress more comfortable than I do. And therein lies the truth. There are a lot of factors (personal factors) that make finding the "best" mattress for him/her/them. Interesting that in most mattress stores you lie on multiple mattresses after first deciding on the firmness of the mattress you want. There is this one local store that does it very different. They use AI to find the mattress that will best meet your needs. I don't know how accurate that is, but I'll bet it helps the mattress shopper a lot more than just looking at the price, luxury status and features.

Hope you find your "perfect" mattress.

96dreamer

Established Member
We bought a titan probably 5 years ago and are happy with it. It's supposed to be made more heavy duty than most other bed in a box brand's and hold up better to "heavier"people. Not sure how true it is but ours is holding up well. I'm 250lbs and my side doesn't show any more degradation than my wife's.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Some people spend crazy money on a mattress, I’m not one of them. I ordered a memory foam mattress in a box off Amazon I think it was Ashley brand or something with a familiar brand name. King size for under $400 I believe. Best bed I’ve ever had, was a little too firm for probably the first week but broke in nicely and now my favorite mattress ever.

Users who are viewing this thread