Looking for a GM Forum to Research 17-18 ZL1's

Zodiac

Established Member
Options:
1. A10
2. Carbon Hood Insert
3. Performance Data Recorder
4. Hyper Blue paint adder
5. Sun Roof (which I didn't want, but surprisingly love)

Had 5 miles on it and skipped dealer prep.

My brother has a 16 SS in Hyper Blue, such a beautiful color.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yes hate to say it but when you start putting 600+ HP at the wheel a auto or manumatic/ paddle shifter is the only way to go to harness the power effectively.

Didn't take Ferrari or Lamborghini long to come to the same conclusion and hence why they are strictly this.

It's nice to have a manual option but don't come crying and saying that tired old excuse of I missed a shift or gear, or you constantly see taillights, because you picked the inferior option over a similar vehicle with the auto option. like these new ZL-1's

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Got her washed up. There is no evidence of wax on the car and some moderate water spots on the hood, trunk, and roof. The body panel gaps are really good. A polish and wax weekend is in my near future. I'm really impressed with the car so far.

medium_camaro002.jpeg
medium_camaro001.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Got her washed up. There is no evidence of wax on the car and some moderate water spots on the hood, trunk, and roof. The body panel gaps are really good. A polish and wax weekend is in my near future. I'm really impressed with the car so far.
View attachment 1453534 View attachment 1453535
Looks pretty bad ass man!
Any plans to mod, or leave it be till the warranty goes away?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1453534 View attachment 1453535
I die a little every time I say it, but damn that car looks good.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
There is so much to learn on this car that I plan to keep it stock for awhile. I really eased into the Cobra mods after the trailblazers had figured everything out. I didn't pulley the car until 2007.

There were only 3000 ZL1's sold in 2017, so there aren't many of them out there. The good news is that GM isn't like Ford and will continue to build them as long as there is demand.

Unfortunately the "tech" savy level over at Camaro 6 isn't close to what it is on this forum. 50% of the info is wrong.

The exhaust sounds good, but with the adjustable settings you could make it louder. The Borla systems are cool, but break the bank (think half a VMP blower).
Cold air intakes = 15-20 RWHP, so I may bite.

The bottom line is that this car is low 11 second capable under the right conditions and drives like a damn Cadalliac. The ZL1 guys aren't modding their cars, because they are already "there" for 90% of the gearhead population.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Just to add, I've got similar feelings to this car as I did when I took posession of the Cobra. I plan to drive it and drive it hard. It isn't going to be worth anything when I'm done with it and that's ok.

The Cobra may be worth something someday and I'm holding onto it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The good news is that GM isn't like Ford and will continue to build them as long as there is demand.
Cold air intakes = 15-20 RWHP, so I may bite.
Yeah,...that's my gripe with Ford and the GT500. Build as many as people want. Don't limit them. I understand it being one of their top dog cars, but still.

What cai are you referring to getting the 15-20rwhp? Is it Roto-Fab? Also is that with a tune or without a tune? (I know they have 2 versions iirc.)

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
CAI doesn't require a tune, the cars run super rich from the factory. I haven't researched all my options yet. I haven't done a WOT run in the car yet, only 60 miles! :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Got any interior shots?
How are the seats?

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
You can probaly look online at the interior better. The seats are Recaro's but feel like lazy boys and have heating and cooling. The power adjustment was surprisingly wide and was one of the reasons I bought the car. I was able to get a "hybrid" seating position that didn't make me feel like I was dragging my ass on the ground. Go drive an SS 1LE, you probably don't even have to be that serious to get them let you test drive.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Interior review at the 3:25 mark. Ignore the track stuff at the end, since it is a fluff piece that is mainly footage from a SS, not a ZL1.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Options:
1. A10
2. Carbon Hood Insert
3. Performance Data Recorder
4. Hyper Blue paint adder
5. Sun Roof (which I didn't want, but surprisingly love)

Had 5 miles on it and skipped dealer prep.

Which dealership?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I went and sat in a ZL1 yesterday. I have some opinions, but the most disappointing thing was the lack of headroom for me. I'm only 6' tall, but even with the seat at what I assume was the lowest position (the battery was either dead or disconnected), my head was almost touching the headliner. Zero room for a helmet, if I were to use it for competitive track days. That particular car had a sunroof, though. I expect there's at least another inch of headroom without it. I believe they had both seats set at the extreme's. The driver seat was all the way up, and I had to bend my head to the side to sit in it, and I was still touching the headliner.

I " assumed" was your first mistake

I have a 5gen. And there's not that much difference in interior space. I'm over 6 foot. And have PLENTY of room in the car

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet. They were easy to deal with and treated me right. Salesman was Jason Wick. He has a new 2018 SS Camaro and wasn't the typical Cobalt Salesforce. He took more pictures of the car than I did when it arrived!

IMG_0458.JPG

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Hendrick Chevrolet in Monroe is getting a similar car into inventory any day. Build configuration attached.

Attachments

• Blue ZL1 Build.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 213

Users who are viewing this thread