Looking for a GM Forum to Research 17-18 ZL1's

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Guys,

Is there a GM type forum similiar in quality to SVTPerformance.com? I'm doing some reasearch on ZL1's. Don't shoot me.

A 2018 Hyper Blue with an A10 caught my eye.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys,
Is there a GM type forum similiar in quality to SVTPerformance.com? I'm doing some reasearch on ZL1's. Don't shoot me.
A 2018 Hyper Blue with an A10 caught my eye.
2018 in Hyper Blue and A10 would be the way I went as well, (or the Red Hot Red), but I still can't get past the looks of the car. It definitely is a performer though.
Have you logged into the 6th gen Camaro site? (Be careful though, their feeeeeelings get hurt easily over there. lol) I would do an intensive search on Youtube as well. I'm sure there are some great video reviews on the car.
Good luck man.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Evil....evil website. I'm now talking to Chevy dealers. A Hyperblue ZL1 A10 is expected for inventory in a week. Must resist.......Ford Good.....Chevy baaddd. What am I going to tell my children?

mullet.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Evil....evil website. I'm now talking to Chevy dealers. A Hyperblue ZL1 A10 is expected for inventory in a week. Must resist.......Ford Good.....Chevy baaddd. What am I going to tell my children?
View attachment 1450447
LOL
The ZL1 will be great competition for the new GT500 when it comes. If it comes out?? lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you see this one? He laughs a little "stupidly" but a good review of the car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I saw it, but I am not sure I trust a guy with Subaru in his name to review a 500+ hp car.

He's not subaruwrxfan anymore. He changed his channel name to Matt Maran Motoring now that he's getting more cars from manufacturers. He actually does a pretty good job as a "regular guy" reviewer.

Park's Chevrolet has (or had) a white ZL1 1LE on their floor. If they have that, I'm sure they have some regular ZL1s, too. You might want to go check them out.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Ain't nothing wrong with looking at the new ZL1. Great power and handling. And Chevy gives out decent discounts.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
THAT is one HOT Freakn car.... WOW! personally, I think its the best looking car out. yep better lookn then the new Mustang and I'm a die hard Mustang guy and never owned a Camaro.

At least GM has kept some the Camaro style from years ago.... the new Mustang? just a rounded out car with very little style imo. almost boring.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, they made a Krypton Green for the 2017 model year.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Orange is not being made for the ZL1. It's for some specialty cars that Chevy has.
I think the Hot Wheels cars and the COPO Camaro only.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Posted over on Camaro6 by me:

I had the opportunity to test drive a ZL1 convertible A10 and a coupe M6 back to back today. First of all, I am very impressed with these cars. I wasn't able to really settle in on short 5 mile test drives, but I didn't want to roll up miles on cars that I wasn't sold on.

1. I was concerned that they wouldn't feel comfortable, since I'm a 25+ Mustang guy. I'm used to a more 90 degree seating position. I liked the seats. Adjustments were ample to get it right.
  2. Steering wheel was great. Controls were really well thought out.
  3. Heads up display is f'in awesome.
  4. Handling was really good in sub 55 degree temps.
  5. I wish I drove the M6 before the auto, but I didn't. The M6 was a lot more fun in the traffic conditions (slightly congested on-ramp/highway).
  6. Your sense of speed is dampened.
  7. M6 clutch is too light. I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it feels like a feather compared to my Cobra's aftermarket clutch.
I'm not sold, but I'm seriously thinking about it. The main problem is that the car didn't feel that special. The good news is that the dealership was willing to deal. The salesman said that I would be crazy to sell the Cobra to buy the Camaro and I should keep both.

Time to do some thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread