looking at a leftover 350R, need help from current owners

nmp1

Established Member
after selling my 2000 R id like to get back into a mustang and would like something modern.

i found a 2019 350R im interested in but its far away and i need to do my research before i even think of going to see it. i have a few questions for current owners.

1 is there any difference at all between 2019 and 2020 350R?

2 what should the car come with as far a items not installed/paperwork
- the front splitter is not installed, i expected that
- should it have the Adjustable strut top mounts in a box from the factory that come with the standard handling package?
- does the owners supplement package come from ford directly after you buy the car you do you have to get it through the dealer?

3 has anyone bought a new car from a dealer and had it shipped to them sight unseen? experience?

thanks for the help.

Rjay

Established Member
1. There is a $5000 price difference between the '19 and the '20. For that $$$ it inherited some steering parts from the GT500. Some say they can tell the difference, some say it's not worth $5K. Also I would venture to say that you're getting a MUCH sweeter deal on that 2019 from a motivated dealer (or you should be - don't pay MSRP or anything close to it).

2. They frequently leave the front splitter off to facilitate transport delivery. Just make sure the spiltter and ALL the attachment hardware end up in your possession. You can install it yourself or take it to a knowledgeable dealer.

3. Yes, the adjustable camber plates were sent to that dealer's parts department with the VIN on the package OR they might be in the trunk. I have heard plenty of storied either way. The key part - those should be installed and and the car realigned before they ship it. They have already been paid to do that.

4. When the dealer notifies Ford of the sale you'll get your owner's package. The delivery time varies. If you haven't gotten it after one month I would call FP and ask about it.

5. I've heard both stories. A friend of mine flew out to Michigan to look his over before he bought it. He paid the airfare and the dealer put him up in a hotel and paid for his meals. The key thing - where has this car been sitting since delivery? On the showroom floor? For how long? Some 2019's would be at 12 months sitting on the floor right now - if so - I would ask the dealer to completely dump and replace fluids as a part of the deal. Also, how many miles on it right now? Have they been starting it once a week and letting it idle for 10 or 15 minutes? (which would be horrible).

Honestly, that much money, I would fly out and go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Take lots of pics before you leave. YMMV.

nmp1

Established Member
thanks for that detailed response.

i havent reached out the dealer yet but they are currently offering 4k under sticker so it brings the car to 68k vs the 77k i would pay for a 2020 at my local dealer

the car looks like its in the showroom and the window sticker shows it was built mid march so its probably been there since april 2019.

im in NJ and the car is just outside new orleans so ill probably have to fly out. i dont want to buy a car like this sight unseen. doesnt help that new orleans just had an explosion of cases with this outbreak. seems like things are going to get worse before they get better with all this stuff going on and prices my drop even more with auto sales in a slump, especially with cars like this.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
1. There is a $5000 price difference between the '19 and the '20. For that $$$ it inherited some steering parts from the GT500. Some say they can tell the difference, some say it's not worth $5K. Also I would venture to say that you're getting a MUCH sweeter deal on that 2019 from a motivated dealer (or you should be - don't pay MSRP or anything close to it).

2. They frequently leave the front splitter off to facilitate transport delivery. Just make sure the spiltter and ALL the attachment hardware end up in your possession. You can install it yourself or take it to a knowledgeable dealer.

3. Yes, the adjustable camber plates were sent to that dealer's parts department with the VIN on the package OR they might be in the trunk. I have heard plenty of storied either way. The key part - those should be installed and and the car realigned before they ship it. They have already been paid to do that.

4. When the dealer notifies Ford of the sale you'll get your owner's package. The delivery time varies. If you haven't gotten it after one month I would call FP and ask about it.

5. I've heard both stories. A friend of mine flew out to Michigan to look his over before he bought it. He paid the airfare and the dealer put him up in a hotel and paid for his meals. The key thing - where has this car been sitting since delivery? On the showroom floor? For how long? Some 2019's would be at 12 months sitting on the floor right now - if so - I would ask the dealer to completely dump and replace fluids as a part of the deal. Also, how many miles on it right now? Have they been starting it once a week and letting it idle for 10 or 15 minutes? (which would be horrible).

Honestly, that much money, I would fly out and go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Take lots of pics before you leave. YMMV.

Great post

nmp1

Established Member
not sure and no. gonna keep doing my homework and keep an eye on it. im not worried about it with everything going on right now.

SAcobra427

Established Member
I bought a 2010 GT500 new from a dealer in New Orleans and i'm up in Pa. Didnt go look at it, just had a bunch of pics sent up to me including a vid of it being loaded on the car hauler for the trip up here. I figured it was a brand new car and would have no issues and if it did it would be covered anyway. When buying new I would not be worried about going to look, used would be the exact opposite for me tho

nmp1

Established Member
Could someone please give me a list or take a picture of all the stuff the car is supposed to have from the dealer all the paperwork/documents & books. thank you.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Could someone please give me a list or take a picture of all the stuff the car is supposed to have from the dealer all the paperwork/documents & books. thank you.
Shouldn't be much
Mustang Owners manual
GT350 Supplemental manual
Window sticker.
You'll get an owners kit but that is sent by Ford Performance after sale typically

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Make sure to check that the front splitter is installed correctly w/ all required screws and that the transport blocks for the suspension are removed

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Would love to get a new GT350R but my new house to be built prevents that. So I will be going after another 13/14 GT500. Such problems...lol. OP have you seen this 2019 GT350R in Va. just south of Washington? Nice deal if that is a color option you might be looking for and would go in with a lower offer. The car was built around August 2019 so its been sitting a while.

Good luck with the search OP and if you are close to me in NJ would need a ride....lol....just kidding of course.

2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 in Woodbridge, VA | Washington, DC Ford Mustang | Cowles Parkway Ford

dmn4316

Established Member

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in my local dealer and they had a 19 R and 20 R on the floor. There was about a $7,000 price difference.

What caused this significant price difference?

Tom
For one, there was a $5 hike in price on the MY20 and there are a for tweaks revised engine block (don’t know the delta, but apparently it is shared with the GT500) some steering geometry/hardware changes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread