Longevity of a coyote motor supercharged

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
for those running on 100% stock motor id say invest in a set of billet oil pump gears....I put the 11:1 alluminator in and just did the oil pump gears for the added safety...I think if you keep the rpm to 7k with boost on the stock motor at a reasonable boost level your good to go....

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
13psi. Unknown rwhp. Made 625 at 10psi. 4k miles so far.

You don't have a coyote.

Op I made 620rwho at 8.5psi and should be making north of 650rwhp right now at 10psi. Blower has been on for around 4k miles. 14k on car.

John Ryder

Established Member
I am just shy of 10,000 miles total and just about half have been with a Roush TVS 575 kit running the "warranty tune" which is approx. 8psi. No problems to date but I don't run my car super hard.

BV600

Established Member
Couple thousand miles on D1SC with a ton of high speed runs on the autobahn. Sold it and the motor let go on the new owner he drove it harder than me nurburgring probably every weekend and pushing to 200 on the autobahn. That was a yr later.

Last edited:

13DIB5.0

Established Member
10K MILES, stock motor with mmr coolant mod, Paxton on 3.6 pulley (10lbs) straight 100% 93, a few track days and many high speed pulls. MUSTANG DYNO numbers -563/464

implosive

Established Member
540whp, ~22,000 miles with the blower on. No problems. Keep it under 600 and you can bet it'll last around the same as an n/a motor.

burke985

Established Member
540whp, ~22,000 miles with the blower on. No problems. Keep it under 600 and you can bet it'll last around the same as an n/a motor.

that was my goal when i got the setup that i did ,i have to admit though horsepower is addicting

implosive

Established Member
You'll be happy with 550-590 in this car for awhile. Hopefully by the time you want more you'll have the funds to build the block and safely keep 700whp on tap. Just keep in mind how much cheaper it is too build a good block vs building a block that you destroyed a piston in. Keep it safe, you'll hardly run into anything on the street that will be able to keep up as it is on low boost.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Usage has a lot to do with it as well. A daily driver that rarely goes above 5K RPMs is going to last a lot longer than a weekend toy that's beaten to within an inch of its life every time it's taken out. Stay below 600 whp and don't constantly kick the shit out of it, and it should last you dozens of thousands of miles.

1NA RUN

Established Member
I put a hole in my block at about 6500 miles with a 2.9 whipple. Now has a built motor and running strong for about 1000 miles. Tranny is still the stock MT82. Whines but shifts great!!

Dave5.0

Established Member
You'll be happy with 550-590 in this car for awhile. Hopefully by the time you want more you'll have the funds to build the block and safely keep 700whp on tap. Just keep in mind how much cheaper it is too build a good block vs building a block that you destroyed a piston in. Keep it safe, you'll hardly run into anything on the street that will be able to keep up as it is on low boost.

I'm so bored with 700RWHP already.

Larry03GT

Established Member
I've got 45k with blower. I drive a shit load of miles and love to pound on it alot. change the oil between 6k to 9k and no oil loss between changes so far!

zachcrosen

Established Member
About 25k on motor and about 4k with VMP TVS at 15# per the gauge. Car made 654/600. Trans whines a little and now makes a little noise when clutch is engaged and stops when I press it in. Other than that, it's good!!

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I got 11K on my stock track pack 5.0 motor and was curious before I put it on... at the same time i want to invest in the aluminator supercharged crate motor.....my eye also caught the attention of JPC racing 351 stroker block for the coyote. Anyone have any experience with that?
Reason for me posting this thread was to get an idea of what my options are....would like to hear some of your guy's experience before I put on the blower.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread