Longevity of a coyote motor supercharged

Ill_W1N

Established Member
5k with blower at 6.5 psi almost all e85 with jms bap. Car is driven hard sometimes but for the most part not beat on.

burke985

Established Member
4000 miles now with the TVS at 9.5 psi still running perfect, not a track star but made quite a few trips to mexico

busarich

Established Member
I ran a Paxton 608/490 on a DYNO dynamics with m6. I had zero issues with the tranny. I did solid motor mounts, steel braided line, amsoil tranny fluid, bart on shifter and bracket. I got bored at that power level. so I sold the Paxton, bought a 2.8lc mammoth setup, building a motor right now (just got done putting the heads on) shooting for 850-900 who on 20# with Shaun tuning. it was not a daily driver. I put 3000 miles on it last year.

Last edited:

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
2011 GT that was deemed a total loss in Sandy, bought back and supercharged at 15000 miles. Has 23,000 miles with stock everything. 567whp/460wtq @10-12psi (stock pulley@ sea level).

goes good.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
669/581 on the corn, prob low 600's mid 500 for tq on 93. 21k on the motor and have been at 8.5 psi for 14 to 15k miles. I don't beat the shit outta the car but I don't baby it either.

blkstang302

Established Member
25k miles with roush Tvs on ~10psi. Mt-82 with original clutch. Like an earlier post stated I can't believe how long this stock/original clutch has lasted. 20k hard bolt-on miles, 25k hard s/c miles... I've had zero problems

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
2600 miles with a TVS. 5600 miles on the car. 82mm (stock air box) with a pump/Torco tune. A6 transmission. 30 or so passes in 13' and lots of datalogging. I don't beat the car, but I do use it and just use common sense. I don't have dyno numbers, but I do have track numbers and the weight from certified scales, so we could guess and get in the ballpark. I just had MMR oil pump gears installed and the 75mm pulley will go on sometime later this month.

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Mine is still running strong. I have a little more trans noise but I have a new clutch, flywheel, TOB & Whiteline bushing waiting to go in. Im hoping that fixes her right up.

mbreaux05

Established Member
Mine is still running strong. I have a little more trans noise but I have a new clutch, flywheel, TOB & Whiteline bushing waiting to go in. Im hoping that fixes her right up.

Whats your total mileage since the install? Pulley size?

Novi2200GT/CS

Paxton 2200 competition kit. 647 hp on 12lbs car has 27000 on it and has had 8000 with the blower no problems yet other than a fan problem and jpc tuned

grnenvy

Established Member
U can push the factory motor pretty hard but for reliability when pushing over 600 wheel you should run a built motor. I pulled my Perfect factory motor and replaced it with a built MMR motor. My car is a daily driver and I didn't want to have worry about it every time I run into a Vette or high dollar Exotic on the highway. Having a garage queen and having a real street car that u get stuck in traffic for an hour when its 90+ degrees out is a huge difference. For me reliability and having the confidence that the motor won't explode is worth every penny.

burke985

Established Member
U can push the factory motor pretty hard but for reliability when pushing over 600 wheel you should run a built motor. I pulled my Perfect factory motor and replaced it with a built MMR motor. My car is a daily driver and I didn't want to have worry about it every time I run into a Vette or high dollar Exotic on the highway. Having a garage queen and having a real street car that u get stuck in traffic for an hour when its 90+ degrees out is a huge difference. For me reliability and having the confidence that the motor won't explode is worth every penny.

Mine is a DD and I'm not worried about any of that :shrug:
Tuning and how you drive the car will determine how long it lasts built motor or not

hand-filer

Established Member
Mine is a DD and I'm not worried about any of that :shrug:
Tuning and how you drive the car will determine how long it lasts built motor or not

Tuning is important but the laws of physics cant be denied. Most manufacturers typically use a margin of safety factor of 50%.
You've exceeded that margin by quite a bit with your build so maybe you should worry just a wee bit.

burke985

Established Member
Tuning is important but the laws of physics cant be denied. Most manufacturers typically use a margin of safety factor of 50%.
You've exceeded that margin by quite a bit with your build so maybe you should worry just a wee bit.

Riding around on drag radials in a Louisiana downpour would make me more nervous than the power I'm making. Car runs great and gets driven normal 99% of the time it's on the road. I understand there is a limit on the stock internals but with proper tuning and staying under 650 whp these cars last a while if treated well. It's been proven and most people run into issues because they are running too much beyond the threshold that has been set.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

U running mid 9s with the stock motor?? Tuning? Justin at VMP Tunes my car.

QUOTE=burke985;14037770]Mine is a DD and I'm not worried about any of that :shrug:
Tuning and how you drive the car will determine how long it lasts built motor or not[/QUOTE]

burke985

Established Member
U running mid 9s with the stock motor?? Tuning? Justin at VMP Tunes my car.

QUOTE=burke985;14037770]Mine is a DD and I'm not worried about any of that :shrug:

I don't know what I'm running , like I said my car is a daily driver so I don't bring it to the track to tear it up to pieces and glad you have someone legit tuning your car. My statement was a generalized statement not targeted at you

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
roush has been bolting tvs blowers on cars for a while now. with a warranty. granted the tunes are real safe. but the 5xr and stage 3's aren't slow either.

Users who are viewing this thread