Longevity of a coyote motor supercharged

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Guys... I think he was kidding and insinuating the opposite. Racerat, everyone knows about your Boss.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
37k miles on car, just installed rxt and a little once over in mt82. motor untouched, 600+ for last 17k with last 10k over 650 on e85.

Car driven normal most of the time. Only seen 7,500 red line twice during data logs.

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I'm not meaning to pick on you, but I don't see the longevity as valid if the car is never revved or if your not getting on it or making passes.

rfugio68

Established Member
new--->3k miles with KB 2.8LC on 12 psi,
old---->3k miles with a Procharger D1SC w 10psi
total 2 years with a blower of some sort.

5 times at the track this year with the KB with about 30 passes so far.
last dynoed 633@500. on a safe 91 octane tune by J Lund.

I beat this thing like my favorite ginger!
Did you prefer the procharger or the kenne bell? Why?

Joey8

Established Member
37k miles on car, just installed rxt and a little once over in mt82. motor untouched, 600+ for last 17k with last 10k over 650 on e85.

Car driven normal most of the time. Only seen 7,500 red line twice during data logs.

What's the point of the power adder then? Just to say you make 600 hp and never use it? I'm confused.

Joey8

Established Member
Stock Boss motor, KB 3.6 LC
- 11500 miles with 18 psi 850-875rwhp
- 1000ft with 22psi, 900+rwhp ;-)

Can't believe i missed this post but thats sig material ... well done sir :lol:

How come the motor went kaboom? To much powaaa?

Last edited:

bigbirdwpg

Established Member
how many of you coyote owners have a supercharger running? and how is the life of the motor/tranny goin??

I installed an Edelbrock e-force stage 1 from Brenspeed in August. Made only 498 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. Never raced and rarely driven hard. Started pinging - took it to Ford dealer, they said couldn't find anything wrong. Now it's in the shop, possible broken piston ring land on one cylinder. No warranty of course, but I put less than 3000 miles on the S/C setup. Very disappointed.

woodzusa

Established Member
I instualled an Edelbrock e-force stage 1 from Brenspeed in August. Made only 498 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. Never raced and rarely driven hard. Started pinging - took it to Ford dealer, they said couldn't find anything wrong. Now it's in the shop, possible broken piston ring land on one cylinder. No warranty of course, but I put less than 3000 miles on the S/C setup. Very disappointed.

What year? Buy the stang new or used? Did you monitor afr under boost? Did you check with brenspeed about the tune?

50blackout

Established Member
I'm really curious as to why your motor popped? Are you going to do a tear down? Your not making much power at 498 whp, so that's kinda odd.

Rct851

Established Member
I'm really curious as to why your motor popped? Are you going to do a tear down? Your not making much power at 498 whp, so that's kinda odd.

I had a cracked head with simple bolt onside never over 7000rpm.. Mass produced, shit happens

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
What's the point of the power adder then? Just to say you make 600 hp and never use it? I'm confused.

I concur lol. I plan to drive the piss out of my VMP stage 2 which I just installed over the winter once it's warm out. Added a billet MMR pump and gear to keep it safe in the high rpms. But I don't see the point of 600+ whp if you just baby it all the time. Got a daily driver for that nonsense, this is a race car damn it and if I break it eventually in the process well that's just one new thing I can learn to rebuild and fix along the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread