Local Student killed after wrecked his 03 Cobra showing off to friends

sibs4972

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
It's seeing things like this that make me happy to have stopped caring to show off with others in the car.

Same here.

03DOHC

Established Member
HAHA! When I was 16 I thought just like you guys, but now that I'm more than twice that age I know better. Been there, done that.

You think you're an excellent driver when you've been legally driving for what, 1-3 years? NOT. Sorry to sound like your parents, but when you get to be at least my age you'll understand. Where have I heard that before?:eek:

No, I've never crashed any of my vehicles and I was also an exception to the rule. There will always be those few who are responsible from an early age, but responsible doesn't necessarily mean you're a "GOOD DRIVER." That comes with experience and that takes time.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Lets just pray that you dont get a 70+ year old behind the wheel of an 03 Cobra. Most of the old folks around here run there cars through buildings enough as it is mistaking the gas pedal for the brake... lol in the words of Mr.T "I pity the fool that mistakes the gas pedal for the brake in there 03 Cobra!". Then again I guess all it would do is hop up and down anyway...... ..... .... :-D

Frederick Brown

Established Member
03cobrabro,needless to say, im offended by your generalizationof the age point you made. im 70 years ,still race after 25 years driving nys police cars, ifeel secure that i still handel a performance car quite well. Fred 585-226-2888 Fred

davidmax

Established Member
G-D bless him and his Family.What a loss of a child so young,I bet the parents are freaking.My daughter enjoys her cavalier and once in a while she takes my wrx out.Honor student works her butt off and I check on all 5 every night even my 18 year old likes dad to tuck her in.
At times like these I count my blessings,Bless All,Dave S.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Frederick Brown
03cobrabro,needless to say, im offended by your generalizationof the age point you made. im 70 years ,still race after 25 years driving nys police cars, ifeel secure that i still handel a performance car quite well. Fred 585-226-2888 Fred

Well I apologize sir... But just pulling out of my teen years, as a 21 year old, im generalized as well... You know more well than I do at your age that being generalized is a fact of life. (not trying to sound like an ass hole)

Like teen drivers, there are acceptions for older drivers as well.

Last edited:

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Trully a tragic loss.
Blaming anybody won't bring the kid back, however we can all take this event as a reminder of how easily life can be taken from you and how we should as safely as possible.

As for the whole age and experience thing.Yes I admit we are more reckless when we are young,but if you are that type of driver you will always be. Some of us have "slipped up" a few times and learned our lessons. I for one admit that I have totalled a 88 BMW at the age of 16.NEVER AGAIN. It scarred me for life and I only speed at the track...after I get my racing license.

sapper

Established Member
The first car I got at age 15 and a half was a used 76 plymouth arrow.
I pretty much drove that car as fast as it could go. My style was WOT or I was on the brake. I did have some close calls back then. And each car I bought after that had more power and speed.
I am glad I cut my teeth on that 4 banger. If I had gotten my hands on a car with 390hp at that age, I do not think I would have survived.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread