Local Student killed after wrecked his 03 Cobra showing off to friends

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
dude that girl posted here like two times before. She was 15 when she got that. Is it black?
LOL, thats crazy you know who I'm talking about. I don't know what color it is, only was only told this a couple days ago.
But I was told that she can't drive it yet because she doesn't have her license yet:lol:

Blades

Established Member
oh man, her name just slipped my mind. Umm. something snake....

snakeyes87 or something... im going to do a search on it..

edit: its 87. as in.. her birth year :eek:

Well, shes modding it like a good girl. She got it the same time I got my car. Hasn't crashed it yet (i dont think)..

Last edited:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
LOL, hey Blades
It turns out she got it taken away because she was caught speeding 55 in a 35. Figures huh?

Blades

Established Member
Hey, at least they took it away and didn't ignore it.. That cop must have dropped dead when the tinted window of the black cobra rolled down to reveal a 16 year old girl!!!!!!

I'd rather give my left nut than to pay for her insurance bill..

MTI LS1

I agree with Mineral Grey03. And for that 15 year old girl or whatever, I think thats a little crazy!!!

CobraTone

Established Member

I'd rather give my left nut than to pay for her insurance bill..

:lol: :lol: :beer:

I'd rather give my left nut than to pay for MY insurance! :D

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Thats not the same girl.
This one has a Satin Silver Cobra, she's like 17 or 18 (just spoke with someone who knows her).

Turboniam

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
LOL, hey Blades
It turns out she got it taken away because she was caught speeding 55 in a 35. Figures huh?

At least her parents are disciplining her!!! :idea:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
MPO it's reason like this why new drivers should not be driving sports cars like this

No, This is NOT the reason that new drivers should not be driving sports cars like this; This is the reason why stupid drivers in general should not be driving sports cars like this.:gt:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
I work in a small town that seems to be fairly well off financially. I am a therapist, and I often go to the schools in the area to talk to some of the students about their problems. I'm always amazed at what I see when I drive up to the Senior Highschool parking lot: New vettes, BMW's, Mustangs etc.

What the parents of these children (for let's remember that is what they are) are thinking when they put their loved ones behind vehicles like this I'll never know. Sadly, it's often to 'keep up with the neighbors' or because they don't know how to say 'no' to their child.

I see a surprising amount of young people with an 03 cobra. I won't make a blanket statement about it because we all know there are no absolutes, but I am a strong believer in what has been mentioned previously: High horsepower cars need to be grown into, not simply given by 'daddy'. It takes experience to learn how to drive fast safely. I'm just sorry that many won't be given a chance to learn.

If you can't afford to buy it yourself, then you're not ready to own it.

Couldn't have said it any better. :beer: :beer:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Its all about who has the natural ability to drive a car... Some people, young or old, just arent cut out to drive. I was rear ended by a 41 year old man on a cell phone on my way out to Topeka Kansas for the R/T club meet to enter my truck in a car show, that was when i was 19. Almost knocked my ass into the concrete median. I was already going 65 in a 55 and at the rate of speed he was going and how hard he hit me he had to be going atleast 75 or 80. Anyway I think that just goes to show, young or not, you need too pay attention and not drive foolishly. That stuff gets people hurt reguardless the age.

Thats the only accident Iv ever been in. (luckily enough caused by the other driver)

I guess I myself was just lucky to have alot of experience driving powerful/ riding in powerful cars along side my dad... Of course that story above has nothing to do with powerful cars being abused... but if a 40 year old man cant handle a 95 white nissan maxima then I deffinatly couldnt picture him behind the wheel of a Cobra... or even a 300hp car.

Last edited:

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
oh man, her name just slipped my mind. Umm. something snake....

snakeyes87 or something... im going to do a search on it..

edit: its 87. as in.. her birth year :eek:

Well, shes modding it like a good girl. She got it the same time I got my car. Hasn't crashed it yet (i dont think)..

I am not the girl that MattNCSU is talking about. I have not crashed my car (knock on wood, shit happens) and I have been driving it for 7 months now. I am modding my car as I see fit, and I'm hoping to dip into the mid 12's at the dragstrip on my next visit.

Honestly, I have really avoided this thread...I knew the kinds of responses that would come from a loss such as this. I can only speak for my driving abilties, but I know they are better than many of the "kids" my age. I understand where most of you are coming from with your spoiled brat stereotypes and the immaturity of a 15-16 year old driver. I would never let most of the people I know behind the wheel of my car, it is just too much for them. I will even admit that some days it seems as though it is too much for me. I greatly believe that judgement should not be placed on teenagers as a whole. There may be 1 in 1000 that has the maturity level to handle the great power and stressful situations that these cars may leave you in, but they do exist. I have been working for the past 5 years and maintaining an A average in school. I am way ahead of everyone I know as far as maturity levels go, but again, I can only speak for myself. I also do not believe that I can express how much I really love this car. If something were to happen to my car, I do not know what I would do. However, I could sit here and type all night about how "mature" I believe that I act, but it in no way compares to actually knowing me. That also in no way makes up for the loss of that young man.

What I'm trying to say is try not to judge people by their age, but judge them by the way they act. Have a bit of faith in some of today's youth. This accident is a perfect example of why someone my age should not have a car with 500 engine hp, but you have to remember that you only hear the bad news and never the good. I personally know two other '03 owners under 18, one of which is my age, that are doing just fine with their ride. One has not even taken his much above 100 (dragstrip).

Again, sorry for the loss, because it is exactly that...a tragic loss.

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
Well said but you know as well as i do that most people under 18 would seriously **** up driving one of these cars. People like you are an exception to the rule. You can at least agree that not all 16 year olds have the ability to drive a 2003 cobra no matter what grades they get. And shit.. you've been working since 11? For who Kathy Lee Gifford (get it, sweatshops?:lol1: )?

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
And shit.. you've been working since 11? For who Kathy Lee Gifford (get it, sweatshops? )?

HaHa, Not, lol. Actually I've been working for my father (it is not child labor when it is your parents, lol) on computers and with customers for, it seems like, ever now. No sweatshops here, haha!

Blades - I am also in great agreeance that most people under 18 with this car would have it seriously ****ed up, especially some of these idiots I live near.

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
Cool, I'm into comps as well. Good money there. Easy too if you enjoy your work.

edit: took out sig

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeEyes87
I am not the girl that MattNCSU is talking about. I have not crashed my car (knock on wood, shit happens) and I have been driving it for 7 months now. I am modding my car as I see fit, and I'm hoping to dip into the mid 12's at the dragstrip on my next visit.

Honestly, I have really avoided this thread...I knew the kinds of responses that would come from a loss such as this. I can only speak for my driving abilties, but I know they are better than many of the "kids" my age. I understand where most of you are coming from with your spoiled brat stereotypes and the immaturity of a 15-16 year old driver. I would never let most of the people I know behind the wheel of my car, it is just too much for them. I will even admit that some days it seems as though it is too much for me. I greatly believe that judgement should not be placed on teenagers as a whole. There may be 1 in 1000 that has the maturity level to handle the great power and stressful situations that these cars may leave you in, but they do exist. I have been working for the past 5 years and maintaining an A average in school. I am way ahead of everyone I know as far as maturity levels go, but again, I can only speak for myself. I also do not believe that I can express how much I really love this car. If something were to happen to my car, I do not know what I would do. However, I could sit here and type all night about how "mature" I believe that I act, but it in no way compares to actually knowing me. That also in no way makes up for the loss of that young man.

What I'm trying to say is try not to judge people by their age, but judge them by the way they act. Have a bit of faith in some of today's youth. This accident is a perfect example of why someone my age should not have a car with 500 engine hp, but you have to remember that you only hear the bad news and never the good. I personally know two other '03 owners under 18, one of which is my age, that are doing just fine with their ride. One has not even taken his much above 100 (dragstrip).

Again, sorry for the loss, because it is exactly that...a tragic loss.

Remember there can't be an exception without the rule. It's safer to bet on the rule than the exception.

Chances are far higher that a 16 year will not be mature enough to handle these types of cars than that they will be.

I was extremely mature for my age. Still am. Would have killed myself in an '03 Cobra at 16 though.

Be safe out there, and remember we all hope you live long enough to truly understand the other side of this debate. :)

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Stupid kid

At the risk of sounding insensitive (I am) the Cobra had little or nothing to do with it judging from the article. Isn't it odd in a forum dedicated to a fast car, how quick you all seem to be to condem the innocent victim (the Car). How dare any of you to suggest just because someone is a teenager they aren't capable of handling ANY car. HELLO...Anyone ever watched a Go Kart race or a an 800hp Sprint car driven by a 16 year old? What makes you think that when you reach 25 you magically become capable....don't make sick. What have YOU learned (about driving) in the last 10-20-30 years? Driving is like sex...at first its new & exciting...but after awhile you only do it to get where your going (I have issues).

This kid had a responsibility to himself & his friends...& he blew it! Tell me all of you DAILY don't see mature drivers screwing up.

At 17 my first car was a 427 Ford , followed (at 18) by a '65 A990 Dodge Race Hemi (10.7 @132) both of which I street raced EVERY chance I got. Lucky to survive...BS. I picked my spots & opponents & NEVER came close to doing a Bonehead move like this kid. ( Aren't I special). The closest I came to an accident was in a BUICK with wonderful GM brakes.

Bottom line...STUPIDITY killed the kid....and that sadly some never grow out of.

Joe King

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread