LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

DarkMach1

Established Member
I proved that 15psi, built motor and race fuel isn’t the easy recipe for 9s....you haven’t proved how that’s the easy way to run 9s, champ.

And 5000ft DA? Where’d you pull that number out of? Lol

Let’s not forget I’m working with a P1sc, not a P1X, D1sc or D1x

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Disregard the 5,000' DA thing, it was merely an example.

You compared your slightly slower ET of 10.36 but your slightly faster trap of 136MPH, performed at 0-100' DA, to a PD blower car that made an almost identical run in 1,000-1,300' DA. There's the difference and why it's easier to go faster in a PD car. Period.

This whole argument rests solely on the fact that the interested party wants a 100% stock chassis and transmission though, which most people don't care about retaining at that level. But other dude did and he's doing amazing things with it.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Why do you keep saying “100% stock chassis and transmission” like I have some sort or modded chassis and transmission??? My car would likely launcher better on stock softer springs than it does on Eibachs. But it won’t look as good. You bring up my slight advantage in DA without realizing his car was on c12 race fuel while I’m on 93.

Zemedici

Established Member
Why are we arguing two completely different cars / setups / tracks / DAs / etc?

Your car moves out.

Other cars move out.

What's to discuss...? Are we referring to cost? Reliability? Maintenance?

DarkMach1

Established Member
Easiest recipe for 9s in a mustang(coyote) is any boost, E85, tire, auto. Then the nutswingers will say this or that is better without any real proof. The simplest (not better or worse) setup will be a solid centri kit...no fans, no ice, no pumps....now whether it performs (either PD or Centri) is solely based on good install and tuning.

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
Why are we arguing two completely different cars / setups / tracks / DAs / etc?

Your car moves out.

Other cars move out.

What's to discuss...? Are we referring to cost? Reliability? Maintenance?

No, I made an innocent comment on another thread where it was claimed that the OPs car in that thread had by far the easiest recipe to go 9s mustang history with a VMP blower. I simply said the easiest recipe shouldn’t include a built motor, and guys got triggered saying that centris require stalls to go 9s and that the built motor was just added for peace of mind but didn’t need it. So I chose to bring the conversation here to my thread vs continuing exchanging our opinions over there and derailing the thread further.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Why do you keep saying “100% stock chassis and transmission” like I have some sort or modded chassis and transmission??? My car would likely launcher better on stock softer springs than it does on Eibachs. But it won’t look as good. You bring up my slight advantage in DA without realizing his car was on c12 race fuel while I’m on 93.

Easiest recipe for 9s in a mustang(coyote) is any boost, E85, tire, auto. Then the nutswingers will say this or that is better without any real proof. The simplest (not better or worse) setup will be a solid centri kit...no fans, no ice, no pumps....now whether it performs (either PD or Centri) is solely based on good install and tuning.

Just two questions and I'll stop;

1. Have you ran 9s with a stock suspension and transmission? I will allow modification of the rear coil springs because that's what 11Sec_Lx did. Otherwise, nothing.

2. When OEMs want to make a statement, be it acceleration, top speed, 1/4 mile, etc., what is sitting atop their vehicles when they do it (if not a turbo)?

DarkMach1

Established Member
We will know the answer to that this fall. I’ll tell you what....it won’t need 15psi and a built motor.

Kiohtee

Established Member
We will know the answer to that this fall. I’ll tell you what....it won’t need 15psi and a built motor.

So the answer is no, you haven't. And neither has an OEM. Why?

His car didn't need a built motor either. It's essentially a Gen 2 Coyote with stronger pistons and rods. It's there for longevity, something you will experience once you cross that 9-second line. But one thing you can count on needing; a stall.

DarkMach1

Established Member
So the answer is no, you haven't. And neither has an OEM. Why?

His car didn't need a built motor either. It's essentially a Gen 2 Coyote with stronger pistons and rods. It's there for longevity, something you will experience once you cross that 9-second line. But one thing you can count on needing; a stall.

It did need the motor. He was on a 75mm pulley to run a 10.30s. Tuner wouldn’t have pushed any further, his first 9sec pass was on the aluminator motor. Motor allowed him to push boost to 15 and add timing.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I'll play. Either set up is nasty. If you understand how each blower works, then it's a given that you need rpm to turn the centri faster. The pd gives instant boost/torque. I've driven both. Either one properly set up is a lot of fun. The fastest cars that I have personally driven and ridden in have been ysi vortech cars. Pushrod cars, but that's just my experience. My 03 with a TVS was just plain fun to drive.
To say one is better than the other is silly. Set each one up the right way and enjoy it. Stop the D measuring contest and petty BS.
I guess internet arguing is more fun...

DarkMach1

Established Member
I agree, centris are RPM based, you need to turn them according to their powerband. A lot of coyotes now days dyno their cars and makes fantastic power. Then they go to the track and either shift it low themselves or tuner sets the shifts low for safety, then they wonder why their 700whp car runs only high 10s if that. Autos also have learning features for shift points that should be turned off for best ETs.

A ysi vette properly setup is a crazy highway car.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
No arguing from me that a properly set up centri car is fast. I personally want one when the funds allow for boost (and a converter). But for the time being, my peasant two 10lb bottles and a 150 jet will have to suffice. Lol

On a side note, and not to raise any additional chaos, but; Lund just went 9.648 @ 146.21 with a 1.5 60' with a Whipple '18 GT. Stock suspension and transmission (10R80) and on E85. These '18s are ridiculous! I bet a centri 10R80 would shine!

DarkMach1

Established Member
After my attempt in the fall I think I will go E85 first and see where it gets me. then stall. In order to even have a shot at times like that I would need a D1sc or D1x along with E85, dont think matching those times is possible on the puny P1sc.

For the sake of trying to avoid going multiple times to the track, which is far, I think Im gonna see is Yolo is willing to help me with track tuning since he's local.

Kiohtee

Established Member
When, if, I decide to go boost, I want whatever will max out the fuel system on 93 with a BAP (because I already have it installed). I think that's roughly 700rwhp from what I've seen locally (stick cars, though).

So the centri kit, torque booster package and a stall. May jump from 3.15s to 3.31s too.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb argument.

PD blower is easier way to get to 9s vs a centri all day every day.

I’ve had them all including TT’s.

Scott’s VMP car (and many others) have gone 9s damn near bone stock other than the blower kit.

The PD advantage in chasing an ET is they don’t need a stall due to the torque production down low.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
BTW I had the “torque booster” on my Paxton and it sucked IMO.

6 rib and 3.33 was belt slip city. No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DarkMach1

Established Member
When, if, I decide to go boost, I want whatever will max out the fuel system on 93 with a BAP (because I already have it installed). I think that's roughly 700rwhp from what I've seen locally (stick cars, though).

So the centri kit, torque booster package and a stall. May jump from 3.15s to 3.31s too.

Never been a fan of torque boosters. Interesting setup but introducing turbo problems into a reliable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread