LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

DarkMach1

Established Member
It’s pretty fantastic how easy this cars get going now days. Modding is fairly simple, all by email and logs at your convenience. We’re slowly chipping away at it. Started last summer at 11.3s-11.4s at 125ish. We have a new PB now of 10.63 at 128ish. Car is getting it done on stock stall for sure!! On pump 93 and <9psi.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Very nice, these cars are a huge leap forward... comparing apples to oranges here but a 96-04 2v car in my day (forget in stock form) and even blown would have a hard time running your numbers N/A... these are a hell of a car for stock and especially blown that a stock GT can take that power level etc.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I agree. I would like to continue putting some focus on the weight, but more specifically rotational mass. Don’t care for gutted cars with paper thin racing seats. Will be putting a Gates green belt, fresh plugs and a turbosmart raceport BOV to see if the Procharger proflo bov is leaking out some boost. Hopefully it will be on by the 17th so I can go have a crack at 10.50s.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Impressive being stock converter and centri. MPH is strong.. car is fast!

Congrats. Pulley that bitch down!

DarkMach1

Established Member
Impressive being stock converter and centri. MPH is strong.. car is fast!

Congrats. Pulley that bitch down!

Thanks, i may do that on E85. But I want to see if I find the boost I feel it’s missing first. At the track I want to try more air in the tires and see how much it affects the trap speed.

bunits19714

Established Member
is it not reaching full boost or is it peaking then dropping? based on pulley and engine rpm? what gear and rear tire are you running just curious. with that 60' and stock converter you should probably trapping 2-3 mph faster I would figure- what is your 1/8 mile mph.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What gears are you running? On stock converter I'm having a hell of a time getting it out of the hole any better than 2.0x even trying several different launch techniques(no tire spin).

DarkMach1

Established Member
is it not reaching full boost or is it peaking then dropping? based on pulley and engine rpm? what gear and rear tire are you running just curious. with that 60' and stock converter you should probably trapping 2-3 mph faster I would figure- what is your 1/8 mile mph.

I’m thinking it’s a combination of the proflo bov and some slight belt slip up top. 3.55s on a 285-40-18 MT. Best 1/8 which was the one on the video was 106.49

What gears are you running? On stock converter I'm having a hell of a time getting it out of the hole any better than 2.0x even trying several different launch techniques(no tire spin).

3.55s. Do you have a way to control your gears manually? If so do this..put in manual mode, get into the water, launch in 1st gear for burnout, as your RPMs get up to the 6500rpm range then shift to second, get RPMs up to 6k-6500, smoke will really get going now, get off the brakes and roll forward. Hang on for dear life. Time it properly so you’re not sitting at the light while the other guy Is doing his burnout, need least amount possible between burnout and launch, especially on a cold night. Stage shallow, hit the first beam, then roll forward ever so carefully to trigger the second.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ahh 3.55's will definitely help you get out of the hole, I'm still on the stock 3.15 gears. I'm also on street radials, but they were dead hooking, but with a centri you are basically leaving on 0-1psi of boost with the stock converter vs a pd which can get you out of the hole with 8psi+ of boost.

DarkMach1

Established Member
ahh 3.55's will definitely help you get out of the hole, I'm still on the stock 3.15 gears. I'm also on street radials, but they were dead hooking, but with a centri you are basically leaving on 0-1psi of boost with the stock converter vs a pd which can get you out of the hole with 8psi+ of boost.

If you are truly dead hooking on a street tire then you need to tell your tuner to spice up your launch timing and cam timing. Even on a centri it’s just not normal. I’dk what my launch PSI is at launch, I’ll check.

bunits19714

Established Member
And op definitely something going on weather it is belt slip or boost bleed- 20 mph on the back is wacked. nice 1/8 mile though - logs I am assuming are all good for no timing pull. ?

DarkMach1

Established Member
And op definitely something going on weather it is belt slip or boost bleed- 20 mph on the back is wacked. nice 1/8 mile though - logs I am assuming are all good for no timing pull. ?

lol didn’t know he was self tuning. Before the Shelby manifold I was doing about 28mph on the back half (97.xx- 125ish). Timing is good, adding at least 1.5* the entire way.

Bill I hit 1psi at like 2400rpm.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Not saying mine is, but its a precaution I want to take. Its known that they dont positively seat as they were designed as a recirc.

NOT MY VIDEO
Totally agree with you, I even called procharger before installing mine because the seal on the butterfly valve wasn't 100% airtight, they said it's normal. Mine seems to be holding boost well, I have a 3.1 pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread