LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Damm that's a scary video, is that TurboSmart a good one? don't have experience with it.. If I'm loosing a couple lbs I wanna fix it..

DarkMach1

Established Member
Damm that's a scary video, is that TurboSmart a good one? don't have experience with it.. If I'm loosing a couple lbs I wanna fix it..

Its like any other leak in my eyes, if I can get the system piped tight I will. The turbosmart is good and not as loud as the ear piersing red race valve. Have to get the one for supercharged applications so careful with part numbers.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Race-Port-BOVs/Race-Port-Black_2.html

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Normal, just like your throttle body nosealing completely this is be design so it never gets stuck open or closed which would cause bad thing to happen

DarkMach1

Established Member
Maybe. But leakage will change will pressure differential. So leakage at 6psi won’t be the same at 11psi, or at 14psi like brutal. I intend to pulley down so upgrading to a better unit makes sense and gives me piece of mind.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Maybe. But leakage will change will pressure differential. So leakage at 6psi won’t be the same at 11psi, or at 14psi like brutal. I intend to pulley down so upgrading to a better unit makes sense and gives me piece of mind.
One thing I wished the guy did in the video that you linked... putting his hand over the opening like Bill's video link to see if it would have an effect on the gauge.

DarkMach1

Established Member
how are you planning to install it? Are you going to have a new port welded in that it will attach to?

Same port as the BOV uses, may need some custom work depending on the difference between the size of the Procharger opening and the opening on turbosmart.

One thing I wished the guy did in the video that you linked... putting his hand over the opening like Bill's video link to see if it would have an effect on the gauge.

I wished he would’ve done it on the car on the entire system. Hold on let me search something

DarkMach1

Established Member
The best test will be once it goes on my car, I have a boost box and can log down to fractions of a second.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
let me know how that works out, I really doubt you are loosing more than a lb of boost due to the valve but I would be interested in the results.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Smaller pulley=$100
New bypass valve=$300

I just don't see the value

Lots of good info online if you search, not all specific to mustangs though. Several instances people have spoken to procharger and they said its ok for cars making less than 12psi. Their online description says 750hp or less. Im looking to be at or north of those 2 in the near future.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That figure, I would assume, is just for how much air it would need to evacuate quickly when the throttle snaps shut at high rpm and high boost. I would think a car pushing 25psi and making 600hp,not talking coyote, would want an upgraded bov where's a coyote making 750 on e85 and 13psi might not need To

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Personally I would rather save the $300to put towards a converter. It would likely gain you much more than a lb of boost

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That figure, I would assume, is just for how much air it would need to evacuate quickly when the throttle snaps shut at high rpm and high boost. I would think a car pushing 25psi and making 600hp,not talking coyote, would want an upgraded bov where's a coyote making 750 on e85 and 13psi might not need To
One thing I Don't have a problem with is pressured air evacuation with the pro-flo, once off the throttle my vacuum gauge hits 22 instantly with a nice WOOSH.. BUT I'd love to make 16 lbs versus 14 if this contraption is really leaking boost..

DarkMach1

Established Member
Next mod after this will be either a converter or E85, depending if that DW400 drop in pump hits the market and actually works and keeps up with demand.

Users who are viewing this thread