little off-topic WOW post...

shamdoodie

changemystang.com
Established Member
:bowdown: '03 Cobra :bowdown:

I know this wont mean much to anyone, but I must say I am almost speechless. Just for laughs and curiosity sake, I went and test drove an 99.9% bone stock Termy this past saturday. I gotta confess that I have never been more impressed with an automobile in my life. I haven't been priveleged enough to have ever known anyone that had one so I wasnt really prepared for the kick-in-the-gut feeling that I received... The salesman had it up to 100mph in 5 and no strain on the engine and it made me giggle like a schoolgirl. When i got in to drive it back, the clutch and gas were so different than my little sixer that I killed it twice before we even got on the main road. I felt like an idiot, but loved every second of it !

Summary : :bowdown: I am mucho impressed with even the stock Terminators now, I cant imagine how awesome some of the modded ones feel. Sorry to rant on... im 30 years old and giddy as a 12-year-old. :bowdown:

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
I'll give you a ride bud :) If yout hinkt hat stocker was something else, wait until you get out of mine ;) hehe.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Well, you own a V6 stang......and you rode in a terminator......like comparing a tricycle to a CBR.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
shamdoodie said:
....The salesman had it up to 100mph in 5 and no strain on the engine and it made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Out for a drive yesterday, coming home, and decided to hit the highway with authority;-)

Off the ramp in 3rd @110 give or take......

And a couple of weeks ago, was on a test drive with the owner of my local shop to let him hear the squeak in the brakes. Spent several seconds fishtailing around in second on a deserted road... He was gigling like a little girl :burnout:
Has to be one of like 3 people I know that would giggle in that situation :lol1:

Juruense

Banned
Hmmm, it is illegal for dealerships to be open on Sunday in my state. Anyways, are you going to buy it?

shamdoodie

changemystang.com
Established Member
Snarf said:
I'll give you a ride bud :) If yout hinkt hat stocker was something else, wait until you get out of mine ;) hehe.

Ok, awesome ! I will most certainly take you up on that next time you have a couple minutes whenever i see you downtown. I cant wait, been wantin to ask for a while but never did, lol.

MaCaNs , i know, i know, lol... i KNEW it would be night and day but nothing could have mentally prepared me... cant wait to hitch a ride with Snarf :)

Yellow2003, 110 in 3rd? ha, i'd been white as a sheet :)

Kilgore, I meant to say it was saturday... been a long weekend and the excitement of the whole thing has thrown my sleeping schedule off :)

sikklightning04, man i wish to God above that I could. Until I can find a second job for supplemental income, I am stuck moddin the sixer a little at a time. I am hoping against all hope that within the next few years before my oldest son turns 16, I can pay my car off early and start saving for a Termy. I will own one before I die :) Took me 13 years to stable enough to get a little 6er, now its time to aspire for something better :)

Thanks everyone that posted. Didnt really think anyone would, lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember my first ride in an '03 Cobra, too. I was amazed! My second moment of amazement was when I added a 2.90 pulley and a tune. The 60rwhp bump made the car feel night and day different. It took at least an hour for the smile to wear off my face. LOL!

Best of luck with your goal to own a Terminator. Keep saving and hopefully you'll be driving one sooner than later.

antiv6

Established Member
ya fist time i floored it i was shaking after i let off, i drove a moded mach 1 before this too but doesnt even compare to even a stock cobra

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
I remember my first ride/drive experience as well. I didnt even know what a terminator was and i was coming form an 86 vette. A buddy of mine kept talkin about cause i told him i was looking for a LS1.

It only had a K&N drop in and flowmaster cat back. I bought it on the spot. and have been broke ever since. I wouldn't sell the car for anything.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i remember my first time riding in one. i had an '03 mustang GT and my buddy who also had an GT, bought a cobra off this site.

gave me a ride in it for the first time, i was scared shitless! he told me to push in the clutch to feel how hard it was, felt like a brick. when i first saw it, i was giggling i'd have to say. lol.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just imagine my Daughters reaction to a full 20 minute session at the track in a Terminator...

Fayeandthechipmunkracerdad.jpg

morepitwallaction.jpg

2muchfun.jpg

:rockon: :pepper: :banana: :beer:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
i drove my first one at a dealer on a shitty wet day. 04 cobra vert. i was like wow!!! later on i bought me a hardtop and loved it ever since. its the best car i'll probably ever own. unless i get the C6Z :)

03' White Snake

Established Member
I remember my first time driving it, smilin the hole time ear to ear. Then I bought it the same day. Had to wait the hole weekend til I could go pick her up on Monday. Didnt sleep at all that weekend. I still cant drive it without a smile on my face. I love that "Loud Pedal"!!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Jimmy, I just love the picture of you chasing down the R model. Should have said. I know why they call it a TERMINATOR ! he's about to terminate me on the track. HA HA. Really is a great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread