Liquid Cooled KENNE BELL MAMMOTH install

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Have not done any WOT runs until it is tune. Jon gave me a safe tune till then. But so far it is awesome.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
any more pics?? Why is the inlet on the driver side on the LC kenne bell?

The KB Mammoth is designed to be on the drivers side like the GT500's, this is to include all wiring that has to be extended as well. It is a very time consuming job for sure.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Well it is a lot cheaper to do it this way instead of redesigning it specifically for the 03/04. Saves lots of R&D on there side for sure.

cbr repsol

Established Member
is the non lc 2.8 inlet on the passenger side ? thats what i thought. Or are all of the 2.8's now driver side inlet?

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Good work! I'm interested to see how the LC performs in comparison to a non-LC counterpart.

Any chance you'd be willing to make some back to back pulls with the LC ports looped, effectively closing off the LC stage and making it a standard 2.8? I'm interested to see what the heat transfer from the gear drive is and how much of an effect this has.

Best of luck!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Are the gears in this blower straight-cut like the ones used in the 3.6LC blower?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I probably wont try that test with disconnected the LC ports I do not want to spend that much time on a dyno nor do I want to spend that type of money for the test. If you call Kenne Bell there tech support is pretty awesome and could answer those questions for you. They had a test cobra and may have ran the same types of test your asking about.

Users who are viewing this thread