Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LR 01 Cobra said:
Case in point! I invented the shifter gaskets that Cobra Bob has his name all over. If you don't think I did, go back and check your copy's of 5.0 mag or ask Dr. Jamie Meyer. I've been using these gaskets since 1999. He came on here and started selling them after he read the story in 5.0. I don't have a patent, so he can do it!

Tim
Whoa Tim! We discussed this back in the Spring when you originally made this accusation after which once you heard my side you apologized. For the benefit of those who don't know, I did read the article in the 5.0 magazine from November of 2003 which ONLY said that the owner of the Cobra used a piece of leftover gasket material to make a shifter gasket. I simply ordered similar material and designed my own gasket set. I did not "copy" anyone's design. That's not my character! I would NEVER copy anyone's design for any product. Plain and simple! I would hope that my reputation here backs up my statement.

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
In May of this past spring Blaine King ( a 2 time Gen2 Lightning owner, 5.0 owner and New Cobra owner ) stopped by to pick up some parts for his Cobra. While looking at some of his handy work under the hood I noticed there was plenty of space for a larger fluid resevoir. I commented, something should be done with that. From there we now have the tank. It's that simple. From idea to ordering the metal and sourcing whom LFP will do the fabricating we are in Dec.

I have other product in the design stage for Lightning, Cobra, Mach1, 05 Mustang, Dodge Magnum. Some product just on paper as an idea. In this business ( as in any business) other mfg. also have some of the same thoughts/ideas. Some may get it to market before another. This doesn't mean an idea or a part was stolen.

For those looking for an explanation there is it. For those wanting to do nothing more than stir up trouble have fun.

JC

I don't have to defend myself, you moron

The pictures posted on your site have an uncanny likeness to Pfabrication's design. If anything, an outright copy down to evey detail. If you designed this product from the ground up, why is it an exact duplicate of the pfabfication unit? Sorry, universal thought does not get that lucky..........:nono:

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Eric,
Maybe you should create and apply a logo that will help differentiate your product from those being sold by unscrupulous parts vendors?
Something that is plainly visible to those that are interested in purchasing an original design by the original creator.

Also you might add "Made in the USA"

Just a thought...

Dana

FordFreak

Established Member
I am already having stamps made with my logo. Im also thinking about etching the parts.

Even if there is no visible markings now on the boxes. I do have ways of telling that it is my product. I have all the proof right here.

Mark@LFP

Banned
When I mention 8 mo. it's only to emphasis that we were working on one of our own. Not that we were literally working on the piece. Personally I only took measurements and that took about 2 min.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Whoa Tim! We discussed this back in the Spring when you originally made this accusation after which once you heard my side you apologized. For the benefit of those who don't know, I did read the article in the 5.0 magazine from November of 2003 which ONLY said that the owner of the Cobra used a piece of leftover gasket material to make a shifter gasket. I simply ordered similar material and designed my own gasket set. I did not "copy" anyone's design. That's not my character! I would NEVER copy anyone's design for any product. Plain and simple! I would hope that my reputation here backs up my statement.

Bob! I agree with some of your statement! But you used the same material and the same design right down to the small piece you put between the shifter and the handle. All that information is in the 5.0 story. You even bought it from McMaster Carr, which is in the 5.0 story. As far a your character and reputation goes. Anyone can read 5.0 and come to their own conclusion! I'm saying this putting up my character and reputation! I'm sick of hearing people tell me that I took your idea, when in fact it was mine!

Tim

FordFreak

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
When I mention 8 mo. it's only to emphasis that we were working on one of our own. Not that we were literally working on the piece. Personally I only took measurements and that took about 2 min.

You are such a liar! So youre telling me that box in that picture on your site is one you fabricated???

You dont seem to answer questions very well.

Last edited:

03btchnsnake

In Control
Established Member
Ok I have a simple question, I will probably catch hell for. Does anyone care who was first. Or is it more important that the product is available, at a reasonable price. Even if there is a patent. If there is one detail that is different, then the patent need not apply. Hell they use a patented fuel cap or pressure cap right... :shrug: Say what you will but i don't care..

mike

03 BLK COBRA

Stock: 388Hp 380 TRQ
Bassani Catted X/Catback No baffles
315 Nittos
Time for the dyno.

FordFreak

Established Member
03btchnsnake said:
Ok I have a simple question, I will probably catch hell for. Does anyone care who was first. Or is it more important that the product is available, at a reasonable price. Even if there is a patent. If there is one detail that is different, then the patent need not apply. Hell they use a patented fuel cap or pressure cap right... :shrug: Say what you will but i don't care..

mike

I believe its by percentage, but Im not sure. It's not about who was first. Its about the design and time it took to put this product out there. Then copy cat LFP comes out and litteraly uses MY box for his picture advertisment. Those are MY welds and MY fabrication! He couldnt even make his own and shape it differently or anything!! He took the lazy way of stealing my product.
He lies about having 8 months put into this product, also the picture on his website says "prototype shown". HAHA! Thats my box I sold to a customer down the street from LFP!!! Obviously LFP had a buddy call and order the box from me so he could steal the idea and use it for pictures. I know exactly who it was too! :cuss:
I only shipped one stock style box to texas and it was in the same exact area as LFP. (I already referenced the zip codes)
I have more proof that he stole my idea and is using my exact product for his advertising, but its not gonna be used here....

Juiced-03

Established Member
03btchnsnake said:

I see what you are saying, but still, copies are not always as good as the original! Just like Motoblue, UPR, and Metco who tried to copy Billetflow. I will still buy from BF because I know the quality the is better, even if the other brands have a similar design for less. I have no interest in this intercooler reservoir though.

I have dealt with LFP in the past, and my experience was good though.

mavado007

Established Member
:pop:

I wonder if the cavemen got this upset when the second wheel manufacturer introduced his wheel? Or if Ford got this upset when other manufacturers began making vehicles? It's capitalism, welcome to America. Just my $0.02

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
LR 01 Cobra said:
Bob! I agree with some of your statement! But you used the same material and the same design right down to the small piece you put between the shifter and the handle. All that information is in the 5.0 story. You even bought it from McMaster Carr, which is in the 5.0 story. As far a your character and reputation goes. Anyone can read 5.0 and come to their own conclusion! I'm saying this putting up my character and reputation! I'm sick of hearing people tell me that I took your idea, when in fact it was mine!

Tim
Cobra Bob has provided a great service to us Cobra guys with providing the pre-cut gasket kits at a good price. But, in the fall of 03, I read a post on SVTP, written by Tim, in which he commented on an excellent material he used as a gasket to quiet the Triax/Pro50 shifters. I PM'd him and he was kind enough to give me all the info about ordering and performing the mod. I ordered a 12" x 12" sheet, did my shifter and was very satisfied with the improvement

In subsequent weeks, I posted on the effectiveness of the mod whenever guys would complain about noisy Triaxs and ended up selling three left over pieces, (for a whopping $2.00!), to members of SVTP. In subsequent threads, the subject would come up, different materials would be discussed and Cobra Bob became involved. It appears from the pictures on his website, that Cobra Bob is using the same material from McMaster-Carr that I bought on recommendation from Tim.

So, Kudos to Tim Probst for coming up with the idea, finding an excellent material to use with the mod, and getting the word out. And Kudos to Cobra Bob for taking it to the next level and making it easily available to the masses....

Juiced-03

Established Member
mavado007 said:

I wonder if the cavemen got this upset when the second wheel manufacturer introduced his wheel? Or if Ford got this upset when other manufacturers began making vehicles? It's capitalism, welcome to America. Just my $0.02

very true lol :uh oh:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
mavado007 said:

See cavemen didnt get upset, they just went over and clubbed the other guy to death when something like that happened.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
mavado007 said:

Actually Ford had no right to become upset since he copied the idea from among others, Carl Benz, who introduced the first commercially sucessful automobile 13 years before Henry Ford did (1890). Benz is generally given the credit for producing the first internal combustion engine driven auto.

This is not actually totally correct because there were others before Benz, but his was the first commercial success, thus the credit is generally given to him.

There is a very large difference between making a product that is similar in function and design, for example, how many ways can you make a wheel? and one that is a complete knock-off (exact copy or duplicate).

Dana

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Stealing an idea and creating your own product is capitalism, copying a product to the "T" (hell, not even creating the product; just stealing pictures) is forgery. I support capitalism, but I look down upon copying.

*edit* Dana beat me to it, by fractions of a second!

FordFreak

Established Member
combatstang said:
Stealing an idea and creating your own product is capitalism, copying a product to the "T" (hell, not even creating the product; just stealing pictures) is forgery. I support capitalism, but I look down upon copying.

*edit* Dana beat me to it, by fractions of a second!

Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread