LFP is just another copy cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
does anyone know if he is selling this for them? if not, someone from LFP needs to get on here and do some explaining.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Get your kicks in while you can I have a feeling this will get deleted or locked down.

pretty sad..if this is the case

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
broke7 said:
I followed that design ever since it came out, nice piece.

***IN POSERS

Yes it is. I have the gords, prfab and a fluidyne radiator. With 10 pulls on the dyno while tuning my car never came out of the cold and "0" loss of power or heat soak. And that was with out adding ice... that was just water/coolant mix. I bet i would have gained power with ice. That will be my next test.

03InThe11s

Established Member
thats some BS. they should get a good kick in the balls for that. "note to self; dont buy from people who copy everyone elses designs."

tickingcobra

Banned
Not to be mean, but was there a patent? Just like the heat exchangers, AFCO, LFP, all the upper and lower pulleys for our cars etc.. there are always others coming out with the same product a little cheaper, so to me it's fair game....I like having options to go with on buying stuff and LFP's seems to be cheaper, doesn't seem right, but thats business.

FordFreak

Established Member
This is absolutely ridiculous, but it is expected from copy cats. Companies that don’t have the skills or brain power to create products on their own go out and copy others hard work. I constantly get requests to copy others products, but every time I come back with a "no". Yes, this is business and its about making money... But I will NOT go out and steal others ideas and ruin my reputation.

Here's the real problem....
That picture on the site is MINE. That is my EXACT box. I am 100% positive.
I sold that box to a customer that lives VERY close to Lightning force performance. That customer of mine bought a box from me and gave it to LFP to copy. What a stab in the back!
LFP says on their website....

"After 8 months of development we are proud to announce the introduction of the LFP Super Intercooler Fuild Tank for the 03-04 Supercharged Ford Cobra."

That it total BS. If they had 8 months into this then they would have their OWN pictures up! Not using MINE! Also, it does not take 8 months of R&D to design this box.

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Everyone, just keep in mind that there are always imitators of the true "innovators" in this world. Remember who the real deal is and stick with that vendor. I know Eric's work and craftsmanship will not be duplicated at a lower cost to the consumer....You go with the other guy, expect a cheaper "copy" with poor welds compared to his. Just like Steigemier ported blowers, I will never go with anyone else.....They developed and perfected the ported eaton and all the "imitators" are still trying to catch them............. :nonono: :nonono:

dougwg

Established Member
:pop:

I can't post in regards to this post because I'm not only an authorized vendor of SVTPerformance.com but also a moderator

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
dougwg said:
:pop:

I can't post in regards to this post because I'm not only an authorized vendor of SVTPerformance.com but also a moderator
Translation, This is bullsh*t :thumbsup:

dougwg

Established Member
although I did find this on modfrauds

BlownCobraGirl
Super Moderator

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry to hear about all these rip off A-holes. Regardless if there's a patent or not, I'd get an attorney to send those assclowns the cease & desist letter asap. There will always be someone that tries to make a dollar off others ideas and designs. As long as we don't support those companies, and we keep posting these threads for all to see, maybe we can make a difference in the amount of business they're making. Word of mouth can be a b|tch.

I hope it all works out for you. They sure won't have my business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow... this is how one of their super moderators feel about one of their own supporting vendors :eek:

03InThe11s

Established Member
im suprised this thread is still up. and im also suprised LFP hasn't said anything in their defense.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
03InThe11s said:
im suprised this thread is still up. and im also suprised LFP hasn't said anything in their defense.

That is because there is no defense for this blatant behavior !!! :kaboom: :fm:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
tickingcobra said:
Not to be mean, but was there a patent? Just like the heat exchangers, AFCO, LFP, all the upper and lower pulleys for our cars etc.. there are always others coming out with the same product a little cheaper, so to me it's fair game....I like having options to go with on buying stuff and LFP's seems to be cheaper, doesn't seem right, but thats business.

Case in point! I invented the shifter gaskets that Cobra Bob has his name all over. If you don't think I did, go back and check your copy's of 5.0 mag or ask Dr. Jamie Meyer. I've been using these gaskets since 1999. He came on here and started selling them after he read the story in 5.0. I don't have a patent, so he can do it!

Tim

Mark@LFP

Banned
In May of this past spring Blaine King ( a 2 time Gen2 Lightning owner, 5.0 owner and New Cobra owner ) stopped by to pick up some parts for his Cobra. While looking at some of his handy work under the hood I noticed there was plenty of space for a larger fluid resevoir. I commented, something should be done with that. From there we now have the tank. It's that simple. From idea to ordering the metal and sourcing whom LFP will do the fabricating we are in Dec.

I have other product in the design stage for Lightning, Cobra, Mach1, 05 Mustang, Dodge Magnum. Some product just on paper as an idea. In this business ( as in any business) other mfg. also have some of the same thoughts/ideas. Some may get it to market before another. This doesn't mean an idea or a part was stolen.

For those looking for an explanation there is it. For those wanting to do nothing more than stir up trouble have fun.

JC

I don't have to defend myself, you moron

Last edited:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Mark@LFP said:
In May of this past spring Blaine King ( a 2 time Gen2 Lightning owner, 5.0 owner and New Cobra owner ) stopped by to pick up some parts for his Cobra. While looking at some of his handy work under the hood I noticed there was plenty of space for a larger fluid resevoir. I commented, something should be done with that. From there we now have the tank. It's that simple. From idea to ordering the metal and sourcing whom LFP will do the fabricating we are in Dec.

I have other product in the design stage for Lightning, Cobra, Mach1, 05 Mustang, Dodge Magnum. Some product just on paper as an idea. In this business ( as in any business) other mfg. also have some of the same thoughts/ideas. Some may get it to market before another. This doesn't mean an idea or a part was stolen.

For those looking for an explanation there is it. For those wanting to do nothing more than stir up trouble have fun.

JC

CLASSIC BULLSHIT ANSWER COMING FROM YOU MARK...

Hey Mr. LFP !!! Remember, I'm not the one ripping other manufacturers off and not paying outstanding debt... Why don't stop sidesteping the issues at hand and start pay your freaking debts !!!

FordFreak

Established Member
Mark@LFP said:

JC

That tank picture is MY tank Mark and you KNOW IT! :mj:
Your site says you took 8 months to create it?? Thats BULL! It only took me 3 hours to create and design the first box! Are you that stupid that it takes 8 months? You also refer that pic as the "prototype". How could that be? That is MY production box!!!!!

Yea it's possible that you could have thought of the idea a long time ago, well so did I! But I was the one that brought out the product and designed the box first. You really think that we both designed a box in secret, and they both look that same???? Theres no way!
Anyways, you are PATHETIC. I am not going to let this go.
Let me ask you this.... Would you agree to show me that prototype box in person? Cause I can prove that it is my box. You must really think I'm stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread