LFP is just another copy cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
It's a simple question whether the reservoir pictured on LFP's site is Mark's product or Eric's. No answer from Mark, to me, means it is Eric's reservoir. If it was Mark's reservoir he would just say so and give us another pic or two to prove it. When someone on Ebay uses copied car pics to promote their sale, we all agree it's wrong. Is this any different?

Most of us have formed our opinions already and I think it's time to follow what Travis said and not post in this thread unless you are Mark, Eric, or have new info that we should hear. Enough rehashing....

Cliff

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Sorry to ask this(probley asked already but theres 9 pages!!!)
I was looking at LFP's and it looks different to me then the other, am i missing something here?

FordFreak

Established Member
yeasure said:
I was looking at LFP's and it looks different to me then the other, am i missing something here?

What looks different?

duane v

Established Member
Since it appears that unethical practices are acceptable hear at svtp, I'll just purchase 10 tanks from Eric (aka FordFreak 4.6), and eveytime I see someone inquiring about the tanks from LFP, I'll jump in and sell them one for $50 cheaper than LFP can sell one, and throw in free shipping...capitolism baby!!!!

On another note Eric is one of the best chassis fabricators out there and has performed great work on my stang...Eric is extremly talented and has a imaginative signature to his work, and look forward to future products from Eric's company...this is why I will always support Eric's efforts....DA snake boy!!!

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Sorry i was looking at it wrong(upside down) my bad
I about to order one myself(today) if you(duane v) have one for sale please email me before i order one.....thanks

Last edited:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
yeasure said:

They look like the brackets might be located a tad bit differently, but the basic design shows to be an exact copy.

Eric says he has proof that is his box on LFP’s site, so I’ll believe him since Mark has deliberately side stepped the question. Mark should have changed something on the box to make it more identifiable to a “reverse engineered” product offered by LFP. People steal each other’s ideas all the time, but to take someone else’s box and put pics of it on your website is just being plain lazy and stupid. The claim of 8 month development time is ludicrous. I’ve developed and tested innovative products for the oilfield that are more complicated than this in less than 1/2 that time frame.

Bad thing is… folks will still go for the bottom dollar as we are all usually broke when it comes to buying mods, at least I am anyway. :)

FordFreak

Established Member
Cobra-Master said:
Bad thing is… folks will still go for the bottom dollar as we are all usually broke when it comes to buying mods, at least I am anyway. :)

That is why I will not allow my prices to be beaten. :)

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Uh....your price IS being beaten. By $40.

I guess I'm not rolling in the $$$ like the rest of you.

I don't know either LFP or Eric. So...IF they are the same box, same design, etc...etc....then my decision comes down to $$$. I'm going with the lower price.

If that somehow makes me "unethical", then damn, I'm screwed. I've done far worse in this life than buy something from someone cheaper (regardless who designed it).

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
duane v said:
Since it appears that unethical practices are acceptable hear at svtp, I'll just purchase 10 tanks from Eric (aka FordFreak 4.6), and eveytime I see someone inquiring about the tanks from LFP, I'll jump in and sell them one for $50 cheaper than LFP can sell one, and throw in free shipping...capitolism baby!!!!

On another note Eric is one of the best chassis fabricators out there and has performed great work on my stang...Eric is extremly talented and has a imaginative signature to his work, and look forward to future products from Eric's company...this is why I will always support Eric's efforts....DA snake boy!!!

I agree 100%................. :beer:

JJ@WMS

Banned
StngStr said:

I don't know either LFP or Eric. So...IF they are the same box, same design, etc...etc....then my decision comes down to $$$. I'm going with the lower price.

If that somehow makes me "unethical", then damn, I'm screwed. I've done far worse in this life than buy something from someone cheaper (regardless who designed it).

So your going to give LFP your money on a "pre production order" and wait until he actually makes a unit (keep in mind the unit pictured was purchased from Pfab and is not an actual LFP product) instead of ordering one from Pfab that is in stock and in production as we speak?

LFP may be offering them at a lower price, but "THEY DONT HAVE ANY ACTUAL UNITS FOR SALE". Hell, I will sell you one for 5 bucks, but its only in preproduction. :bash: :bash:

JJ@WMS

FordFreak

Established Member
StngStr said:

They are not even available, so forget the price difference. If he starts to ship them out and have them in stock, then my prices will match his and in my opinion, BEAT his quality anyday.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
flyn high again said:
Most of us have formed our opinions already and I think it's time to follow what Travis said and not post in this thread unless you are Mark, Eric, or have new info that we should hear. Enough rehashing....

Cliff

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

mavado007

Established Member
Cobra-Master said:
The claim of 8 month development time is ludicrous. I’ve developed and tested innovative products for the oilfield that are more complicated than this in less than 1/2 that time frame.
Did you even read what he wrote?

Mark@LFP said:
Did we work on it daily for 8 mo.? of course we didn't.
He is simply giving a time frame. When you read an add in 5.0/MM&FF there is a little fluff to attract attention to the product.
For Homework lets all read an add of our choice and report how they are painted in order to sell product.
LFP is working on another cooling product. I've seen the sample in his shop approx. 8 mo ago. It will hopefully be out before the track opens. Did they work on it for 8 mo.? NO. Has it been in development? Depends on how you want to look at it.
Any one person with a small co. can't take the product to market like an oilfield co.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
mavado007 said:
Did you even read what he wrote?

He is simply giving a time frame. When you read an add in 5.0/MM&FF there is a little fluff to attract attention to the product.
For Homework lets all read an add of our choice and report how they are painted in order to sell product.
LFP is working on another cooling product. I've seen the sample in his shop approx. 8 mo ago. It will hopefully be out before the track opens. Did they work on it for 8 mo.? NO. Has it been in development? Depends on how you want to look at it.
Any one person with a small co. can't take the product to market like an oilfield co.

His website says "After 8 months of development we are proud to announce the introduction of the LFP Super Intercooler Fluid Tank..." (by the way, I corrected his spelling error in my quote, he misspelled fluid, or is it fuild?).

This begs another question, who would have a spelling error in his web advertisement? What does that say about his quality on the actual product...?

Why anyone would drag their ass for 8 months getting something to market is beyond me, even for a small company... that's plain stupid. Besides, it would be easier to get to market faster in a smaller company due to less politics.

He didn't do anything for 8 months on this product... I'm still waiting for him to address if it is P-Fab's box pictured on his website.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SID297 said:
I believe this thread has gone on long enough. Eric and Mark have both said their side of the story. It's really just between them at this point. All we have to do is decide who we want to spend our money with.

I would like it if only those who have a stake in this situation would post in this thread from now on.

Thanks for your cooperation.

I would like to keep this thread open for Eric and Mark. I believe everyone has made their feelings clear on the subject, and you aren't going to change each other's minds. People will spend their money where they want to, debating with them isn't going to change their that.

Again, I would like it if only those who have a stake in this situation would post in this thread from now on.

dougwg

Established Member
SID297 said:
Again, I would like it if only those who have a stake in this situation would post in this thread from now on.

Maybe Everyone in the market to purchase one of these tanks believe they have a stake in the situation :shrug:

And the party's producing them
And the party's selling them
And of coarse Steala and UPR, cuz they need to buy one so they can copy it too :bash:

P.S. Eric, welcome to the world of aftermarket automotive parts!

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
dougwg said:
Maybe Everyone in the market to purchase one of these tanks believe they have a stake in the situation :shrug:

And the party's producing them
And the party's selling them
And of coarse Steala and UPR, cuz they need to buy one so they can copy it too :bash:

P.S. Eric, welcome to the world of aftermarket automotive parts!

...and don't forget RPMoutlet.com. They're going to need a new project now that they've finished copying our IRS girdle. :rollseyes

MJ

mavado007

Established Member
Wow doug, you've restrained yourself. What did it take a day in a half for you to figure out a way to keep the thread up? Your a boy genuis, now go back and make some throttle bodies.

dougwg said:
Throttle Bodies are slated to be produced in the next 10 days.

Posted: 10/12/2004

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Posting Guidlines (updated 08-17-2004)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to SVTPerformance! In an effort to make your stay here the best experience possible, we have set a few simple guidelines.

1. Be respectful. No flaming (except in Smack Down).

2. Your posts should be constructive. Any member posting for the sole purpose of increasing their post count will have the posts deleted and the post count reset to zero.

3. Corrections to other’s information should not be condescending in nature. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. You are expected to remain civil and express your thoughts in a mature manner.

4. Threads are expected to be kept on the original topic. If you want to discuss another subject, feel free to create a new thread in the proper forum.

9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread we deem necessary.

10. If you disagree with the actions of the SVTPerformance Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen, however, public bashing of the team will be deleted and possibly end in your banishment.

:nonono: Read it, Know it, Live it :poke:
go away boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread