let's talk handbags...lol Louis Vuttion to be specific

Para81

Established Member
It appears as though most everyone else understood what I meant with that post except you.

My wife does a lot for our family and puts up with even more. It's not about buying their affection it's about appreciating their commitment and sacrifices. If anyone here has a wife that doesn't know what it feels like to be appreciated and spoiled from time to time with an expensive gift, then they have a shit husband.

I wasn't picking on you (I was referring to that "Happy wife/Happy Life" mantra I hear so many people say which annoys the shit out of me. Your woman sounds like she deserves it, didn't mean anything personal.

saleensc281

Established Member
75209d1367343423-women-know-more-than-your-mechanic-you-know-how-i-know-your-gay-jpg

That picture explains this thread to the T.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Alright well Xmas season is upon us and I'm sure some of you guys and gals have experience with Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, etc. I realize its just an over priced bag...and that person isn't asking me for it by any means but I want to get something really nice. To be fair I bought my Sig Sauer Ultra a few mths back and it was about a grand...so yeah.

Anyways, are these high name brands worth it? Do they hold value (stupid question), can they be repaired in the future? Was it worth the price? A buddy was like," Well I'm sure if it was your Cobra you'd drop the money for it" lol. :beer:
There are better ways to waste my money but please keep it on topic...any info is appreciated...stomach goes uneasy looking at a $1400 tag...:eek:

Thanks,
Leo
My wife has them all.

They make the best fake bags only discernible only the best eyes when I was in Oman. Literally down to the stitch count and number of leather folds or the corner cuts on the lettering. High quality, all the snobby girls go, "Ohhhhh, Ahhhhh!"

My wife always laughs. I don't because like a good fake Rolex those things were 2-3 hundred.

Anyway, Happiness is not cheap.

Find a big ass box and put a damaged blower in it. Place the purse in an accessories bag next to the blower and just before she breaks down and cries you announce, "TAAAHHHDAAAAH! Merry Christmas you materialistic, soul sucking, wallet squeezing, debbie downer!! I love you!"

As with shoes, clothes, and most jewelry I let my wife get her own purses. It is better to give her the credit card and set a limit. Then wait for the inevitable phone that she found what she wanted but it is 20% over the limit. Just understand that before she goes out and you will both end up happy! You will get mad "over the limit" sex later.

Last edited by a moderator:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My wife buys from Coach outlets when they have a sale, and that's about it. She works and makes very good money. If she wanted a $1500 LV bag I would have no problem with it, but she would never spend that much on a bag. She would rather put the money into an IRA or some other investment, god I love that woman...:beer:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Or maybe any wife who has a husband who wastes money modifying a perfectly fine factory car, has a shit husband?

Funny how that goes both ways huh? Luckily the majority here are smart enough to realize everyone has their own thing they like.

That makes zero sense. An accurate comparison would be saying a wife having to buy her husband car parts in order for him treat her well has a crap husband. A little intellect goes a long way.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You only live once... I see a $1100 purse to be pretty cheap in the long run if my life. I've purchased 5-6 Coach, Michael Kors, Dooney and Burke etc since we have been together /married that have to amount to $2000 or so and it is something she has wanted for a long time..

Lobra.. I just bought me wife a LV Speedy 35 IIrc(for bday) and it was just under $2000 with a wallet (she is getting that for Christmas but doesn't know it).

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
You only live once... I see a $1100 purse to be pretty cheap in the long run if my life. I've purchased 5-6 Coach, Michael Kors, Dooney and Burke etc since we have been together /married that have to amount to $2000 or so and it is something she has wanted for a long time..

Lobra.. I just bought me wife a LV Speedy 35 IIrc(for bday) and it was just under $2000 with a wallet (she is getting that for Christmas but doesn't know it).
I was looking for papillion because theyre smaller but they didnt have any there. I saw the speedys as well but she said she didnt like em. I just got done with it, guy gave me a discount on it from price he told me yest. He rang it up and it was higher yest so I'm not complaining lol. Merry Xmas...no where the hell are my Gamma Jordan 11s woman! Lol

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My wife has fairly simple tastes, but she does love the higher end handbags. I spring for the nice ones every once in awhile. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around spending that much for something you're just throwing stuff in, but it doesn't matter if I understand it lol. After the money I dump into my toys and hobbies (which she equally doesn't understand but never questions), it's the least I can do. She deserves it.

Machdup1

Established Member
Alright well Xmas season is upon us and I'm sure some of you guys and gals have experience with Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, etc. I realize its just an over priced bag...and that person isn't asking me for it by any means but I want to get something really nice. To be fair I bought my Sig Sauer Ultra a few mths back and it was about a grand...so yeah.

Anyways, are these high name brands worth it? Do they hold value (stupid question), can they be repaired in the future? Was it worth the price? A buddy was like," Well I'm sure if it was your Cobra you'd drop the money for it" lol. :beer:
There are better ways to waste my money but please keep it on topic...any info is appreciated...stomach goes uneasy looking at a $1400 tag...:eek:

Thanks,
Leo

Make her give you a link to the specific bag she wants and buy it for her. You don't want to get her the wrong one. Imagine wanting that Sig and getting a Hipoint. Don't think, just buy.

My wife didn't say a word when I spent $13K on two rifles in a three month span, so she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Never saw an LV I thought looked even sorta decent honestly. I like Kate Spade. Not very common (like Coaches are now), killer deals online and in their outlets, great quality, and I've never had one that didn't get complimented regularly.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Make her give you a link to the specific bag she wants and buy it for her. You don't want to get her the wrong one. Imagine wanting that Sig and getting a Hipoint. Don't think, just buy.

My wife didn't say a word when I spent $13K on two rifles in a three month span, so she gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants.
True about gift she wouldn't like, glad I asked last minute. Few buddies were like,"nah DONT ask surprise her" lol glad I did.
My wife has fairly simple tastes, but she does love the higher end handbags. I spring for the nice ones every once in awhile. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around spending that much for something you're just throwing stuff in, but it doesn't matter if I understand it lol. After the money I dump into my toys and hobbies (which she equally doesn't understand but never questions), it's the least I can do. She deserves it.
Yup I agree on everything, and more money shall go into the Terminator so gotta work it in slow lol
Never saw an LV I thought looked even sorta decent honestly. I like Kate Spade. Not very common (like Coaches are now), killer deals online and in their outlets, great quality, and I've never had one that didn't get complimented regularly.
I just heard of Tony Birch (sp?) Buddies wife has one so all the names that are rare I just noticed at Fashion Valley here in San Diego. Yeah I wanted her to have something else beside coach and MK....kinda common and she has a few of them already. Just something different ya know
i spent 500 on an LV belt once... worst purchase i have ever made
Yeah I can see that lol

Para81

Established Member

I appreciate this tip, Kate Spade looks really nice. I'll no longer feel like a dickhead paying 2,000 for a bag. Thank you.

RKL71

Established Member
BURBERRY I bought one for the wife about 8 years ago she carriers it everyday and it still looks as good as the day I got it. And last night I picked her up another one and it is under the Christmas tree.

...as far as the MACHO MEN around here why did you even click on a thread titled let's talk handbags...lol Louis Vuttion to be specific, leave it to us "gays":banana:

Blown 89

Established Member
i spent 500 on an LV belt once... worst purchase i have ever made
I had someone try and buy me one once but it's hard to beat the quality of my $70 hand made to my specifications gun belt.

I wonder how much it costs to have one of those bags manufactured. $9? Maybe $20 to ship it to a store? Huge ripoffs.
Pretty much. People that buy into the fashion industry are suckers.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
BURBERRY I bought one for the wife about 8 years ago she carriers it everyday and it still looks as good as the day I got it. And last night I picked her up another one and it is under the Christmas tree.

...as far as the MACHO MEN around here why did you even click on a thread titled let's talk handbags...lol Louis Vuttion to be specific, leave it to us "gays":banana:

Thats what I was thinking, why click and respond? Lol
Yeah I'm hoping it lasts a while rep said it'll last forever of she takes care of it. They can replace handles and what not in the event she needs to maintain it later. I got her one of the classic purses, I'll see if I can upload from my phone. I like it and I hope she does too.

kaz109

Established Member
That's a waste of money too...that's why I buy cars that do not need to be modded and good out of the factory. (Nothing wrong with modding cars I want to do a 911 Turbo up one day) but yes agree waste of money as it's not needed.

As for women spending thousands on purses. 1 or 2 purses yah no problem (I just bought my lady a 10,000 dollar Rolex). (She deserved and stuck by me through 5 long tours overseas) Will I buy her many Rolex's or numerous 2,000 dollar purses?? Hell no. The sense of entitlement among so many wives in America is hilarious. Who is earning the money? You or her? How many times have I heard people say they have to "ask the boss." LOL! To spend the money you earned yourself? Or I have to ask the "CFO" or I have to send the mods to my office.

Man up!

You sound very young and naïve

Yes I make the make the money but I wouldn't be able to do that if she didn't hold down the every other aspect of life ( house, kids etc etc) . Unless you are superman and take care of the house work, kids, grocery shopping, etc etc and do your job to make the money you are ignorant to the because you just make the money that only you hold your life together and have the right to be the only one to make the choices of how the money is spent.

Your macho "man ego" is one of ignorance and only shows you have yet to grow up. I don't have to ask my wife about everything but it is the respectful thing to do when spending a good sum of money unless it is a surprise to her.

Users who are viewing this thread