let's talk handbags...lol Louis Vuttion to be specific

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I happen to be very luck with purchasing expensive bags, clothes, etc...for my wife and daughter. I've got friends that manage a Burberry, Tori Birch and David Yurman (mainly jewelery)

I say lucky becasue my girls, like most others, alway want this stuff and they are all very expensive!!! I get 40% of anything at Tori and Burberry (on top of any sale prices they might have; I bought myself a Burberry suit that was $3500, on sale for half off and then an additional 40%, bringing the price down to just over $1000. Anyway, if anypone needs some help with something from these three places shoot me a PM and we can give it a try. I've got to say the Tori Birch is the easiest for me to get, and get shipped out oin time for Christmas.
Youll be getting a PM here in a few lol thanks
These bags are definitely high quality. About 10 years ago I bought my wife a LV purse. She still has it--doesn't use it much, but it's in great shape. She bought a fake LV wallet and the zipper broke on it within 6 months. Still, be ready for this to be the start of a collection.

The wife has several LV bags, a few burberries, and other names I don't care to remember. She just got a khloe (spelling?), and it was not cheap.

Op, just do it. There are worse things
Yup on it
My gf recently bought a gucci purse at the oulet for like $750. I just shake my head but as mentioned we spend that much and more on our cars.

Id never surprise her with one unless i knew exactly what she wanted. Spend $1k on a purse she doesnt really like? Women are very particular on their purses and well pretty much everything lol.
Yeah I brought it up glad I asked she wants a Burberry said LV wasnt her type. Said he friend has one and she doesn't like it very much lol

numbnutz

Established Member
Yes it's a lot of money for a bag but I spend ALOT more than my wife. I bought my wife a $1400 Louis purse and a $700 Louis wallet this past summer.

My wife deserves it for putting up with my ass. :lol:

oldmodman

Established Member
Life is a give and take.

Men give and women take.

I look at the whole expensive purse or handbag thing as a bargaining chip.

But honey, I got you those really nice handbags you wanted. So what if I just had my Ferrari repainted "Gotta Have it Green"

It is just the lubricant required for marital (or pre-marital" bliss.

(NO, not that kind of lubricant.) That's what the handbag is for.

Rct851

Established Member
A guy asking other guys about purses. It's obvious your girl is going to carry your balls around in that expensive bag you buy her.

Some of us have girls worth spoiling

Short answer. Yes. The quality is better than most of the overpriced car mods that we buy and if there's ever a problem they will take care of it

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
If anyone here has to buy stuff to make your wife treat you and your kids well then you have a shit wife.

Or maybe any wife who has a husband who wastes money modifying a perfectly fine factory car, has a shit husband?

Funny how that goes both ways huh? Luckily the majority here are smart enough to realize everyone has their own thing they like.

numbnutz

Established Member

Short answer. Yes. The quality is better than most of the overpriced car mods that we buy and if there's ever a problem they will take care of it

Or maybe any wife who has a husband who wastes money modifying a perfectly fine factory car, has a shit husband?

Funny how that goes both ways huh? Luckily the majority here are smart enough to realize everyone has their own thing they like.

This and this.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
my gf isnt into bags, however shoes is a diff story. 18 pairs of christian louboutin shoes worth about 20k. however the shoes go up in value, just just as certain styles of louis voutin bags. they become " vintage ". you just cant buy the "classic" line which is their yearly stock. you need to buy limited editions or the seasonal bags that theyll never come out with again

whatever you do list it under your homeowners or renters insurance just in case as well. just incase anything happens to her shoe collection we get paid.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
If anyone here has to buy stuff to make your wife treat you and your kids well then you have a shit wife.

It appears as though most everyone else understood what I meant with that post except you.

My wife does a lot for our family and puts up with even more. It's not about buying their affection it's about appreciating their commitment and sacrifices. If anyone here has a wife that doesn't know what it feels like to be appreciated and spoiled from time to time with an expensive gift, then they have a shit husband.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
I will say this. I bought my then girlfriend who is now my exwife a Coach bag for her 30th Bday. We took the kids out to get their Xmas portraits the other night and 10yrs later the bag almost looks as good as new. I went to the Coach Outlet, got her a bag and purse. She still has both. I dropped $180 for the both. They DO hold up!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Yes it's a lot of money for a bag but I spend ALOT more than my wife. I bought my wife a $1400 Louis purse and a $700 Louis wallet this past summer.

My wife deserves it for putting up with my ass. :lol:
Yup I'm not the easier to get along with lol
Life is a give and take.

Men give and women take.

I look at the whole expensive purse or handbag thing as a bargaining chip.

But honey, I got you those really nice handbags you wanted. So what if I just had my Ferrari repainted "Gotta Have it Green"

It is just the lubricant required for marital (or pre-marital" bliss.

(NO, not that kind of lubricant.) That's what the handbag is for.
Yup trying to get more powwwa into ny car when I get off this mob def margaining chip

+1
my gf isnt into bags, however shoes is a diff story. 18 pairs of christian louboutin shoes worth about 20k. however the shoes go up in value, just just as certain styles of louis voutin bags. they become " vintage ". you just cant buy the "classic" line which is their yearly stock. you need to buy limited editions or the seasonal bags that theyll never come out with again

whatever you do list it under your homeowners or renters insurance just in case as well. just incase anything happens to her shoe collection we get paid.
Yes I was thinking about that with my homeowners policy rather do $500 deductible than another G if its stolen lol
It appears as though most everyone else understood what I meant with that post except you.

My wife does a lot for our family and puts up with even more. It's not about buying their affection it's about appreciating their commitment and sacrifices. If anyone here has a wife that doesn't know what it feels like to be appreciated and spoiled from time to time with an expensive gift, then they have a shit husband.

+1

KurtDog

Established Member
75209d1367343423-women-know-more-than-your-mechanic-you-know-how-i-know-your-gay-jpg

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My wife had a $1400 LV, it was too much "bling" for her. It was one of the white ones and sort of big so it stuck out. She ended up selling it. She carries a couple different Coach and some other brand I can't remember, nothing over $500. She has a Burberry jacket and it's really nice. She would probably like a Burberry purse at some point, but I leave that stuff to her to pick out, I would just screw it up. I try to stick to jewelry for really nice gifts. She never complains.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Went to a few stores and saw all the bags. I found a classic Burberry for $930 out the door with a clutch included. Has a 1 year warranty on it. Its nice and not too big not too small so well see. Wasnt Impressed with the LVs they had at all...I'll sleep on it

Superhawk2002

Established Member
LV handbags are the only thing my wife has ever asked for. She works, takes insane care of our children, puts up with me, and spends every bit of time and money on everything but herself.

If she wants an expensive handbag, she gets one.

She is pretty picky and only gets certain limited ones. She takes great care of them and basically repackages them in our safe when she is done with them. After having the 2nd most expensive one stolen out of her car a few years ago, she is much more protective of them now.

All is all, they seem to be worth it (in the same sense that headers were worth 2000+ installed on one of our cars -- :lol1:)

Para81

Established Member

That's a waste of money too...that's why I buy cars that do not need to be modded and good out of the factory. (Nothing wrong with modding cars I want to do a 911 Turbo up one day) but yes agree waste of money as it's not needed.

As for women spending thousands on purses. 1 or 2 purses yah no problem (I just bought my lady a 10,000 dollar Rolex). (She deserved and stuck by me through 5 long tours overseas) Will I buy her many Rolex's or numerous 2,000 dollar purses?? Hell no. The sense of entitlement among so many wives in America is hilarious. Who is earning the money? You or her? How many times have I heard people say they have to "ask the boss." LOL! To spend the money you earned yourself? Or I have to ask the "CFO" or I have to send the mods to my office.

Man up!

Para81

Established Member
LV handbags are the only thing my wife has ever asked for. She works, takes insane care of our children, puts up with me, and spends every bit of time and money on everything but herself.

If she wants an expensive handbag, she gets one.

She is pretty picky and only gets certain limited ones. She takes great care of them and basically repackages them in our safe when she is done with them. After having the 2nd most expensive one stolen out of her car a few years ago, she is much more protective of them now.

All is all, they seem to be worth it (in the same sense that headers were worth 2000+ installed on one of our cars -- :lol1:)

Now that's a good woman, and that's rare. Good on you!

Users who are viewing this thread