let's talk handbags...lol Louis Vuttion to be specific

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Alright well Xmas season is upon us and I'm sure some of you guys and gals have experience with Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, etc. I realize its just an over priced bag...and that person isn't asking me for it by any means but I want to get something really nice. To be fair I bought my Sig Sauer Ultra a few mths back and it was about a grand...so yeah.

Anyways, are these high name brands worth it? Do they hold value (stupid question), can they be repaired in the future? Was it worth the price? A buddy was like," Well I'm sure if it was your Cobra you'd drop the money for it" lol. :beer:
There are better ways to waste my money but please keep it on topic...any info is appreciated...stomach goes uneasy looking at a $1400 tag...:eek:

Thanks,
Leo

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Well my wife is a handbag FANATIC! If you buy a Louis Vuitton it will hold its value, but like a car it drops a few hundred in value as soon as you use it. I just dropped $1400 on one for her for Christmas... what a waste IMHO. However she wasn't too impressed with the Bilsteins and PFADT sway bars I just received either!!!

U.M.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
It's not a handbag but I just purchased a Burberry jacket for my wife (Christmas gift). While the price tag is hefty (500+), I have to say the quality of the item is great. The materials and stitching are fantastic and I have no doubts it will prove very durable for many years. The packaging and accessories that came with it are high quality as well.

As for handbags, I've dealt with LV and in my opinion, Burberry has them beat on both quality and price.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
i just can't wrap my head around that shit

Happy wife = Happy life.

She puts up with all my bs, cleans, does dishes, laundry, helps out with yard work and still works 40+ a week. It's all relative any ways. 1500 for some long tubes and mid pipe on a 60 grand car probably seems ridiculous to many people as well:shrug:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
They seem to hold value if theyre cared for, was on a purse forum and I guess the customer service is out and the handles can be replaced if need be. Yeah $900 and up dude go big or go home meat lol it would be a one gift kind of Xmas for her lol
I'm expected car parts or a great Dane when I get off deployment so its cool. I'm real tempted to do it but its a lot of dough.

gaspasr

Established Member
The only LV purse I considered getting my wife this xmas cost $3,200. Thought that was ridiculous. Went a different route instead and bought her a nice ring.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
It's not a handbag but I just purchased a Burberry jacket for my wife (Christmas gift). While the price tag is hefty (500+), I have to say the quality of the item is great. The materials and stitching are fantastic and I have no doubts it will prove very durable for many years. The packaging and accessories that came with it are high quality as well.

As for handbags, I've dealt with LV and in my opinion, Burberry has them beat on both quality and price.

My buddy just recommended them this morning and said the same with the jackets, quality is superb on them. Guess I'll hit the mall today and take a look. They have Fendi, Prada, Burberry, etc so I'll look around

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
They seem to hold value if theyre cared for.

That's the biggest determine factor IMO. If she will take care of it then not only will she respect it when she gets it but it will also be worth more if she ever decides to sell it. There is a huge market for used LV and other high grade designer handbags.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
My buddy just recommended them this morning and said the same with the jackets, quality is superb on them. Guess I'll hit the mall today and take a look. They have Fendi, Prada, Burberry, etc so I'll look around

Their bags are even better than the jackets IMO. Depending on where you live, the cheapest option maybe ordering direct from online. Locality may inflate the store price. I got the jacket mentioned above 300 cheaper direct from Burberry than at the closest store/outlet.

Once ordered the item was at my house in 2 days as well.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
My wife isn't into expensive clothes, shoes, etc BUT she loves her bags. I guess like I do with car parts. So I don't mind and always get her one every so often for Xmas or BDay. She has a few LVs and Burberrys. But her favorite is a Dior I got her a few years ago.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Their bags are even better than the jackets IMO. Depending on where you live, the cheapest option maybe ordering direct from online. Locality may inflate the store price. I got the jacket mentioned above 300 cheaper direct from Burberry than at the closest store/outlet.

Once ordered the item was at my house in 2 days as well.
Very good info I'll have to check that out
My wife isn't into expensive clothes, shoes, etc BUT she loves her bags. I guess like I do with car parts. So I don't mind and always get her one every so often for Xmas or BDay. She has a few LVs and Burberrys. But her favorite is a Dior I got her a few years ago.
Yeah it would be her 1st real crazy expensive bag. She has coach and MK already trying to step my game up
It's hard to argue with thousand dollar purses when I spend what I do on my cars.
Exactly lol hopefully it comes back later for my car lol

flyby763

Established Member
I think Coach purses are lifetime guarantee. If it breaks or tears they will fix it. I would assume the others are the same. I could be wrong though I thought Ive heard the lady say this before.

Entrenched

Established Member
I bought my wife a Coach purse off Ebay. It tore a few months later. We contacted Coach and shipped it directly to them. They couldn't repair it and since it was discontinued they sent me a store credit vouched for $575. I paid $350 on Ebay.

I think Coach purses are lifetime guarantee. If it breaks or tears they will fix it. I would assume the others are the same. I could be wrong though I thought Ive heard the lady say this before.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I happen to be very luck with purchasing expensive bags, clothes, etc...for my wife and daughter. I've got friends that manage a Burberry, Tori Birch and David Yurman (mainly jewelery)

I say lucky becasue my girls, like most others, alway want this stuff and they are all very expensive!!! I get 40% of anything at Tori and Burberry (on top of any sale prices they might have; I bought myself a Burberry suit that was $3500, on sale for half off and then an additional 40%, bringing the price down to just over $1000. Anyway, if anypone needs some help with something from these three places shoot me a PM and we can give it a try. I've got to say the Tori Birch is the easiest for me to get, and get shipped out oin time for Christmas.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
These bags are definitely high quality. About 10 years ago I bought my wife a LV purse. She still has it--doesn't use it much, but it's in great shape. She bought a fake LV wallet and the zipper broke on it within 6 months. Still, be ready for this to be the start of a collection.

The wife has several LV bags, a few burberries, and other names I don't care to remember. She just got a khloe (spelling?), and it was not cheap.

Op, just do it. There are worse things

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
My gf recently bought a gucci purse at the oulet for like $750. I just shake my head but as mentioned we spend that much and more on our cars.

Id never surprise her with one unless i knew exactly what she wanted. Spend $1k on a purse she doesnt really like? Women are very particular on their purses and well pretty much everything lol.

Users who are viewing this thread