Let's see your Turbo setups!

RussZTT

Established Member
If you can lose 50-100 degrees of iat, you should gain boat loads of power, 30-40whp at least with 60* iat's vs 160's IMO. good luck!
That's what I like to hear! I'll post the results. I did blow out a header gasket on the dyno though and not able to fix it right now. :bash:

C666

Established Member
:bowdown:
:rockon:
Holy ****!
This car gets me thinking about going turbo! Are you still on the 281 motor? What size is the turbo? I don't think my 4r70 will be able to handle more then 800hp though

281 stock heads, stock cams, stock compression, pump gas e85, Turbo is a plain journal bearing 47-80, 8.5 at 159, 950 to the tire, Turbo kit is forsale I want to do all out race kit 4r70s can work if built right

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
IMG_20120404_234402.jpg

IMG_20120404_233543.jpg

4.jpg

Didn't notice this yet, love this car, absolutely sick performance from what it is.

Joyrider564

Established Member
281 stock heads, stock cams, stock compression, pump gas e85, Turbo is a plain journal bearing 47-80, 8.5 at 159, 950 to the tire, Turbo kit is forsale I want to do all out race kit 4r70s can work if built right

Are you running a 4r in your car? If so who built it? It is tempting to go auto in mine, but I do NOT want to give up over drive. So many mixed feelings about the 4r as well.

Good call! 842rwhp :rockon:

[youtube_browser]/DA_wf7IRsQk[/youtube_browser]

Good numbers! Same 19 PSI?

RussZTT

Established Member
Thanks guys! The only thing that was changed was the cooler IATtemps. It was high 60's that day. He let the car warm up to 170º and made the one pull. Same 19psi.

This was a big dyno day. Soon as I made that pull, they walked over to me and handed me the prize for the highest HP and said "Yeah, nobody will come close so here" haha

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's epic, I hate to pat my own shoulder but Im glad my bench dyno math is still on point haha.

Congrats on the prize man, hell ya.

C666

Established Member
Are you running a 4r in your car? If so who built it? It is tempting to go auto in mine, but I do NOT want to give up over drive. So many mixed feelings about the 4r as well.

Good numbers! Same 19 PSI?

Not anymore had a lentech went to a glide I like it better for the street if it was a track only car I would do a 3 spd

MGC

Established Member
Not anymore had a lentech went to a glide I like it better for the street if it was a track only car I would do a 3 spd

Interesting, I guess I always thought a glide would be better for the track and vice versa, care to explain a bit more?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

Glides are terrible for street cars. The planetary gear in those is ridiculous. I'm sure if you replaced the glide your car would feel faster.

C666

Established Member
I've had a stick with power a 4r70 with blower heads cams etc and with Turbo the glide is the best for a street race car aka weekend warrior with alittle power I've also driven my buddies Turbo cobra with a 400 he now has a glide too... its all about traction on the street IMO try to hook 800 rwhp in 1st with a 4rif you can roll into it or peddle it then you need to grab 2nd and the nose drops and you start the game again with a glide you move that gear change way out and if you spin in 1st its not as violent so you can almost always just short shift high gear at the track you can take full advantage of a 3 spd

Last edited:

MGC

Established Member
I've had a stick with power a 4r70 with blower heads cams etc and with Turbo the glide is the best for a street race car aka weekend warrior with alittle power I've also driven my buddies Turbo cobra with a 400 he now has a glide too... its all about traction on the street IMO try to hook 800 rwhp in 1st with a 4rif you can roll into it or peddle it then you need to grab 2nd and the nose drops and you start the game again with a glide you move that gear change way out and if you spin in 1st its not as violent so you can almost always just short shift high gear at the track you can take full advantage of a 3 spd

Makes sense to me. :beer:

shhak

Established Member
After having a few issues due to a cam bolt backing out (luckily at idle), it's back and running again...

th_20130206_134230_zpsa9e47211.jpg

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Twin 76's on a 299"? How much power are you making and what's your powerband look like? I feel like it would take forever to spool

Users who are viewing this thread