Lets see your beaters!

Gravik

Established Member
My WRX. Love this thing. 30 mpg and fun to drive.

IMG_3840_zps1b4a7d19.jpg

IMG_0214_zps3d3f2543.jpg
30mpg? Must drive it like a grandma lol. I have two friends that have WRX's and they both get sub 20.

Anyhow, my daily beater Neon. Probably gettin getting rid of it though. Insurance on an SRT-4 is retared. It costs more than the damn Mustang.

2a4pc46.jpg

Last edited:

smitty2919

Established Member
I've been toying with the idea of a sub $1000 car for winter and DD. I'd want something I can take a couple hour trips in...meaning everything works, but cheap enough that I don't give a sh!t about it LOL.

I realized today that a 00-01 Olds Aurora came in a 4.0l V8??? that's pretty cool...but not the best looking car lol.

I'm all over the place with options...go Civic for cheap and good MPG's, go for something bigger like a 4 door Taurus for more comfy plush ride? Go older Cadillac with V* and ultimate plush ride?? Hmmmm

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Here's the only picture I have of my DD/Beater 2003 IS300, A5, LSD, Voice NAV. Didn't intend for the car to become classified as a beater, but the guy that sold it to me has a severe lying/exaggeration problem and let's just say I've been busy resolving issues during my ownership of the car.

I can say I've grown to like the car more and more as I fix each issue. And mpg's keep tremendously improving!

I got my 350z the day after I tried to get a cheap is300 (it sold in less than a day), love the interiors of those cars.

The one beater I miss selling was my '05 Forester, if it had been an XT like yours I would've kept it. Only sold it because the wimpy NA 2.5 kept trying to kill me on the highway when attempting to merge.

Paid $500 for it off CL 2 years ago. Had blown reverse and was stuck at a construction site. I drove it all the way home lol

Day I brought it home:

How it currently looks:

Damn that's a clean F150 for $500!

Dave_6

Established Member
IMG_0285_zps598c1df1.jpg

Paid $500 for it. ~90K miles, never been wrecked but has had a shitty paint job done. I've put new head and corner lamps in it since this pic was taken. Still gathering up parts to do the Mustang hub/Cobra brake conversion as I need to get the AC fixed asap.

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
My "beater" 2002 f150 fx4 lariat, its my second f150 and my favorite body style of the newer f150's. Picked it up from the original owner for about 8.9K a few years back with 130K, now has 148K. Ive never had a single problem with my trucks, my Cobra has more headaches than I can bear to mention...
20140405_180910_zps19d1f92c.jpg

20140405_1808361_zps35e7bde5.jpg

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
30mpg? Must drive it like a grandma lol. I have two friends that have WRX's and they both get sub 20.

Anyhow, my daily beater Neon. Probably gettin getting rid of it though. Insurance on an SRT-4 is retared. It costs more than the damn Mustang.

Thats probably because of the many years of high school kids crashing them into trees.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Why not? I beat on my truck and it certainly is not a luxurious vehicle by any means. The term "beater" doesn't necessarily mean is has to be a shitbox thats duct taped together...

It kinda does but maybe not to try extreme you posted. Most people look at beaters as stuff that gets majorly dented and scratched and they couldn't care less. I remember moving some bricks with a buddy and his old early 90s F250 beater. We were throwing bricks into the bed of the truck from the roof of his house to dump them. Would you want someone doing that in your truck? (For example) we have people posting brand new lariat and limited f150s in this thread. Would they be the first to drive down a hunting trail lined with branches running down the side of the truck?

Last edited:

PhantomX

Established Member
Well when the Mustang is parked I usually roll in this:
2A1BF56E-39FC-4902-B38E-2530232A6AA2.jpg

When I don't feel like being in a car I take one of these:
cc3c530a9afa83156f6f616345a4b282.jpg

574398C5-F3F7-4FBF-BB48-DB38ED4C9F79.jpg

If I feel lazy and don't want to shift I'll pull this out
F61797EE-BBAF-4205-99B5-72A47336E4EB.jpg

Last edited:

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
It kinda does but maybe not to try extreme you posted. Most people look at beaters as stuff that gets majorly dented and scratched and they couldn't care less. I remember moving some bricks with a buddy and his old early 90s F250 beater. We were throwing bricks into the bed of the truck from the roof of his house to dump them. Would you want someone doing that in your truck? (For example) we have people posting brand new lariat and limited f150s in this thread. Would they be the first to drive down a hunting trail lined with branches running down the side of the truck?

Thats a fair point, but how often do people throw brick or related heavy items in the bed of their truck? And its kinda funny, its hard to tell in my pics, but there are so many tiny clear coat scratches in my paint from branches on a old logging trail just east of where I'm from lol. And I would throw one brick in my bed just to prove you wrong ;-) But I can agree with you on the cats with newer 1-2 year old vehicles.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Thats a fair point, but how often do people throw brick or related heavy items in the bed of their truck? And its kinda funny, its hard to tell in my pics, but there are so many tiny clear coat scratches in my paint from branches on a old logging trail just east of where I'm from lol. And I would throw one brick in my bed just to prove you wrong ;-) But I can agree with you on the cats with newer 1-2 year old vehicles.

I wasn't necessarily talking about your f150 but more the guys with brand new rigs. It might be me only.....but my poor 94 silverado always got best on. Whether it was bricks, yard debris stacked as high as the cab hanging over the edge, etc etc

Prototype007

Established Member
I wasn't necessarily talking about your f150 but more the guys with brand new rigs. It might be me only.....but my poor 94 silverado always got best on. Whether it was bricks, yard debris stacked as high as the cab hanging over the edge, etc etc

I'm actually more gentle with my 86 C10 than I am with the IS300 lol! Spent too many years looking for a C10 that wasn't cancer ridden, just to turn around and mistreat it!

Swine

Established Member
2005 Legacy GT. I sure do spend more money on this car then id like to, but i treat it like a truck and it keeps cranking and is fun to drive so ill keep putting miles on her.

BD2E4DF1-1BFD-46F3-8016-1450C5EE6C18_zpsrxjww8li.jpg

This helps her stay around.
8F9A6C16-7481-471D-B50B-57751F539686_zpskaknwnvt.jpg

RSbeast

Established Member
While I realize mine isn't a rotted out shitbox; it's very much the beater.

No ****s given on parking, drive it everywhere in every weather, haul anything, cheap, has flaws etc.

Yes I'll be mad if the door gets smashed in and no you can't dump your milkshake on my floor and expect me not to clean it.

I have pride and I'm not a slob; most who share the same will reflect in their 'beater'.

9 yr old 137k mile car. I get it with people posting a newish car; but should it not be relevant to use?

Users who are viewing this thread