Lets see those trucks!

Recon

Established Member
Aaaaahhhh shit.... do tell!!

Sorry, I just saw this. Well one of the freeze plugs popped and not exactly sure when it popped. Truck has been sitting for a long time, and the dumbass had straight water in the cooling system. That photo is rust being blown out of the cooling system. I tried to remain optimistic about it as maybe it wasn’t as bad as it could be. After replacing all the parts that were compromised due to the water freezing; we found that there’s an internal crack somewhere in the engine. As the cooling system wasn’t filling up even after 6 gals added. We couldn’t tell if it was filling the crankcase until that point due to the new oil being so clean. Anyway, it’s not happy and I’m not sure what I’ll do with it. I want to fix it but everything in me is telling me to run. We’ll see what happens.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I just saw this. Well one of the freeze plugs popped and not exactly sure when it popped. Truck has been sitting for a long time, and the dumbass had straight water in the cooling system. That photo is rust being blown out of the cooling system. I tried to remain optimistic about it as maybe it wasn’t as bad as it could be. After replacing all the parts that were compromised due to the water freezing; we found that there’s an internal crack somewhere in the engine. As the cooling system wasn’t filling up even after 6 gals added. We couldn’t tell if it was filling the crankcase until that point due to the new oil being so clean. Anyway, it’s not happy and I’m not sure what I’ll do with it. I want to fix it but everything in me is telling me to run. We’ll see what happens.

Ugh!!! No bueno. Sorry to hear.

andymarkv

Established Member
I thought it was some technical term in reference to some mechanical thing specific to a generation of trucks. Or maybe something cool like the engineers' nickname/codename for the project.

Am disappointed with "old body style"
Well at least for GM's...OBS came about during the early 2000's when forums were just starting. We used NBS (new body style) to refer to the current 99-06 trucks, OBS (old body style) for 88-98 trucks and OOBS for square bodys.
This worked fine for a while... (eventually there was NNBS for the 07-13 trucks) but once the '14-18 came out...it seems everyone just moved to the gm platform designations; GMT400 88-98, GMT800 99-06, GMT900 07-13, GMTK2XX 14-18.....

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

damn, that really sucks

reminds me i need to put coolant back in the mustang. Originally the event rules said straight water only then after I'd made the switch they took that requirement out

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Found a picture of my 78. That's a 6' step ladder and 18/44 Mudders on 15" wheels.
78 Pickup.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread