Let's see those Latest Purchases!

SilverStreak02

Established Member
2022 Bronco Raptor. This was just after getting the windows tinted.
IMG_2067.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I was using my neighbors zero turn to mow my .25 acre lot and that's with my house on it. Way overkill but I loved it! How big of a lot do you have?

My lawn is half an acre. I have been doing it with a push mower which takes me 75 minutes if I haul ass. The push mower is kind of nice, I get exercise and listen to audiobooks. It is a nightmare anytime I need to bag though. I had one 6 hour session and one 10 hour session bagging leaves this past fall. Never again.

There is a guy up the street whose lawn is 1/3 the size of mine and he has a Gravely 52. It is comical. I would love to meet the equipment salesman that ripped his face off.

Dusten

Established Member
Damn. Y'all making my new mower purchase seem underwhelming

2024 JD X350. No pictures because I'm picking it up Friday.

I have about 1.25 acres of actual grass give or take.

I mow about .6 of it regularly and the rest is a large patch next to my house I mow less often.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My lawn is half an acre. I have been doing it with a push mower which takes me 75 minutes if I haul ass. The push mower is kind of nice, I get exercise and listen to audiobooks. It is a nightmare anytime I need to bag though. I had one 6 hour session and one 10 hour session bagging leaves this past fall. Never again.
I'm with ya on this. I have a corner lot that's a little smaller than yours, but with a walk-behind, it's taking me just as long.

When I bought the house, the lawn was in rough shape, but I could cut the whole thing on one tank cuz it was relatively thin. Took me maybe 50min. 6 years later, I've got thick green carpet so I have to take an intermission to refuel (and oftentimes slam a beer) and I can't plow through it as quickly or the quality of the cut is reduced. I'm partial to Honda mowers, but have been thinking I need something bigger than a 21" walk-behind. I hate the personal pace setups, though, so that eliminates a few brands that would otherwise be contenders. I don't have enough to warrant a rider either nor do I want to find the storage space.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just completed a deck replacement project, done by a friend of mine. I went with vinyl this time (TimberTech). Not cheap by any stretch, but we're very pleased with how it came out. I spent hours last Fall with our local lumberyard picking out colors, materials and options.

Here's a couple of photos. They were taken through our french door screen; sorry about the so-so quality. The deck is 16' wide by 12' deep. Just large enough for our needs.

1715778626765.jpeg

1715778824828.jpeg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Just completed a deck replacement project, done by a friend of mine. I went with vinyl this time (TimberTech). Not cheap by any stretch, but we're very pleased with how it came out. I spent hours last Fall with our local lumberyard picking out colors, materials and options.

Here's a couple of photos. They were taken through our french door screen; sorry about the so-so quality. The deck is 16' wide by 12' deep. Just large enough for our needs.

View attachment 1840526

View attachment 1840528

the deck at our place in NC has gone to shit, might have to redo it with this but it'll be a year or two. We just spent a mint getting the basement (red clay) all sealed up, the humidity under the house was causing all kinds of issues. Replacing some of the rotten wood trim and staining the place is another huge chunk.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1840526

View attachment 1840528

That looks great.

Call me Chief

Established Member

View attachment 1840526

View attachment 1840528
Back to the outside of the house again? OK here goes...
That does look very nice. The border board is a great touch, the drink rail and balusters are great.
Now let's look at what my neighbor is in the process of doing to her deck. The "builder" is another neighbor not in the construction business. No permit = no inspection = you will die going to her house for a cookout.

Attachments

• beam to post.jpg
    beam to post.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 49
  • joist to beam.jpg
    joist to beam.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 49

Call me Chief

Established Member
Looks great! Is that the Lifeproof flooring from Home Depot? I'm looking at doing that with carpet in the bedrooms only.
The LVP is Shaw Flooring Floorte line
the carpet is Anderson Tuftex (made by Shaw) Luxe Feel
I do not think you will find this stuff at Home Depot or Lowes. I went a little high end because I do not want to redo floors in the next 15 years. The installers will make the difference between OK and great too. My advice is to not cheap out because you are going to be looking at this EVERY DAY for a long time.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Looks great! Is that the Lifeproof flooring from Home Depot? I'm looking at doing that with carpet in the bedrooms only.
I used it through out the house a few years ago, and it's held up great. I'm going to use it again in the back 3 spare bedrooms soon after I retire. I did it myself, but I've done flooring before.

Users who are viewing this thread

• 90lx