Let's do an updated car insurance rate thread!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Roush insured with Grundy.
At 43k agreed value, I pay 435 bucks a year. Unlimited mileage, but I cannot drive the car to work/shopping malls/the gym and MUST be garaged. All of those are fine by me as I take my car out to cruise around in only. I barely ever park the car and leave it unattended.
My '16 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab/short bed is insured with Liberty Mutual and I pay A LOT! lol (I have great coverage on it though.) I pay a little over $1,500 a year on that bad boy with a great driving record/no accidents. :confused: lol

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I pay $320 a month for my 2015 Mustang GT. $500det. Full coverage. My area is one of the most expensive places to insure a car. I was paying $630/month on my 2013 Dodge Viper when I had it. I have no tickets and have never been in an accident. Flawless driving record.

Formula51

Established Member
I have always judged it by my monthly rates. I can tell you this though: At 19 when I bought my 03 Cobra I was quoted at $375/mo under my parents policy that I paid. By 24 I was at $150/mo with a couple tickets. Now at 32 I am hovering around $110/mo with an essentially perfect record, so $1300 which I feel is normal for my age and the type of vehicle. I feel like regardless of age rates are only going to be so low for specific vehicles. So you and I are pretty close but I also have a $500 deductible and yours are $250 and a $1000? When I switch my deductibles to $1000 I'm expecting it to drop a decent amount. That's about as much comparison as I can come up with.

Give Safeco a call or find a local agent that works with them. I just turned 34 and pay $330 a year for my 03' Cobra.

Formula51

Established Member
To everyone paying $1,000+ a year for insurance, what am I missing? Do you have duo's, terrible credit, lots of speeding tickets? I don't get it. That's what I paid as a 16 year old with a new license in a V8 RWD car.

I'm 34 and pay $1,100 a year for all three of my cars: 03' Cobra, 07' Tacoma and 16' Explorer Sport.

El_Joker

Established Member
To everyone paying $1,000+ a year for insurance, what am I missing?

Zip code is a huge thing. When I lived in IN with my 13 GT, I was only about $85 a month with great coverage. Moved to Tampa, FL and it went up to $155 and kept climbing.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My middle son is president of a big time insurance agency here. I love life from him. He saves me so much by shopping. They will raise you if you stay with the same company.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
To everyone paying $1,000+ a year for insurance, what am I missing? Do you have duo's, terrible credit, lots of speeding tickets? I don't get it. That's what I paid as a 16 year old with a new license in a V8 RWD car.
I'm 34 and pay $1,100 a year for all three of my cars: 03' Cobra, 07' Tacoma and 16' Explorer Sport.
With my truck, it's Liberty Mutual. So they're expensive right off the bat. Sucks. lol
Plus the truck is brand new, a 2016 with loan. I have EXCELLENT coverage, don't know off the top of my head what they are, but I got rear ended years and years ago with my old truck and didn't have to pay a deductible or anything for that matter. Zero dollars. The only issue was inconvenience, More of a "peace of mind" thing.
Your '03 Cobra and '07 Tundra are probably paid off?? and not valued as much to the insurance company. (Just a guess there.)

Formula51

Established Member
Tacoma is paid, but I actually have a small loan on the Cobra because for 1.5% interest I figured I might as well keep the cash on hand. Explorer has a loan, but even it is only $500 something a year for $50k+ vehicle.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tacoma is paid, but I actually have a small loan on the Cobra because for 1.5% interest I figured I might as well keep the cash on hand. Explorer has a loan, but even it is only $500 something a year for $50k+ vehicle.
Good deal!
Who is your insurance carrier?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I pay $320 a month for my 2015 Mustang GT. $500det. Full coverage. My area is one of the most expensive places to insure a car. I was paying $630/month on my 2013 Dodge Viper when I had it. I have no tickets and have never been in an accident. Flawless driving record.
Damm that's high! Where is T.O?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Come to Michigan, our rates will make you feel like the new guy at a gay orgy. $1100 for 6 months on the GT350.

08mojo

Established Member

What's the rest of the story? Full coverage, deductibles, payouts, towing, etc.?

coposrv

Established Member

My biggest cost is the plowing rider. With my powerstroke, 2 3/4 ton work vans and my mustang was right under 10 grand for the year all together on a commercial policy. Add in workmans comp and liability ins. And I was around 15-20k a year for insurance not including health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula51

Established Member
What's the rest of the story? Full coverage, deductibles, payouts, towing, etc.?

250/500k limits, high uninsured, underinsured and property, $500 deductible, full coverage on all vehicles. Like I said, I don't understand why so many of your rates are so high....I guess y'all need to move to the beautiful State of South Carolina! Go Tigers!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Like I said, I don't understand why so many of your rates are so high....I guess y'all need to move to the beautiful State of South Carolina! Go Tigers!
As long as you don't get snow or get really cold in South Carolina, I'm game. Not until I retire though. lol

Users who are viewing this thread