Let's do an updated car insurance rate thread!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I get frustrated every time the renewal comes in the mail, Yet again another rate increase with perfect driving record as well as my homeowners and the Cobra bundled into the policy.

2011 GT 6 months was $430 on 9/2016 (this is when I bought it), it shot up to $536 on the renewal just 6 months later and the new one I got is $586, that's supposedly with $251 in discounts (vehicle safety, ABS brakes, multiple line,accident free,home owner etc... BS). SO State Farm would have quoted me, a 48 year old man coming in off the street with good credit/driving history, $837 for a 6 month policy? And my coverage isn't crazy, no uninsured motorist...
Bodily Injury 50K/100K
Property 50K
P10 No Fault
250 deduct Comp
1000 deduct collison
Road side/car rental

What are Coyote 5.0 guys paying for insurance? Close to $1200 for a guy my age seems high? I was OK being quoted $430/860 just a year ago. And if possible just list the price for it not bundled with a saturn,honda, pick up truck etc..

Formula51

Established Member
Wow! I have 250k/500k limits with a $500 deductible and pay about $330 a year for my 03' Cobra and it drops every year. Also have a vanishing deductible and accident forgiveness. I am 34 years old with a spotless driving record. My wife's brand new Explorer Sport is around $500 a year for reference.

That is with Safeco, you might want to look into them.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Just had mine increase about $3 bucks per month through Gieco, renewed just a few days ago for 6 months. Perfect record, 0 tickets on my record, no accidents.

It goes up for me about once a year, so every other renewal period... I called the last time it went up about a year ago and they give you some bullshit like, "rates in general are increasing for your area so they have to increase on average for everyone." I'm not complaining that much because i'm only paying about $65/month for full coverage on two nice vehicles with a $250 deductible. So it could be worse.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Apparently I'm paying too much with Hagerty on the Terminator, which was not the case with the Foxbody. $632 annually on the Terminator for $25K stated value, 250/500, $500 deductible, plus Roadside with a rollback.

I looked into Grundy. They lost and regained that line, so there are some sketchy reports, and Heacock had some requirements I did not like.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I play Liberty Mutual and USAA off each other, about time to go back to USAA. They both initially will give me a great rate for our 3 cars, but it tends to creep up inexplicably.

Formula51

Established Member
Apparently I'm paying too much with Hagerty on the Terminator, which was not the case with the Foxbody. $632 annually on the Terminator for $25K stated value, 250/500, $500 deductible, plus Roadside with a rollback.

I looked into Grundy. They lost and regained that line, so there are some sketchy reports, and Heacock had some requirements I did not like.

Check out American Classic Insurance. They have a 7500 mile a year tier that was unlimited use and about $350 a year on my 72' Vette, which was insured for a $17,500 agreed value.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Check out American Classic Insurance. They have a 7500 mile a year tier that was unlimited use and about $350 a year on my 72' Vette, which was insured for a $17,500 agreed value.
Do you have to go through an agent or will they sell direct? I have my daily cars through a "regular" insurance carrier with an agent, but I buy Hagerty direct. An agent can handle it, but it's easier direct.

newbie1276

Established Member
I have four vehicles with my agent and decent coverage. 2016 grand Cherokee is the only new one. I’m right at 2k per year.
Which is good from when the Mustang was brand new and I had just got my license back from being suspended for stupid thinks you do when your 20 yr kid.
That cost me $4200 per year for 3 years before it stated coming down

CV355

_
Established Member
$349/yr for $75k coverage on my '69 428CJ.
$550/6mo for my '14 GT500, including underinsured

If nothing else, make sure you have underinsured motorist coverage. It is different than uninsured (which is legally required in some states). Underinsured helps you when some 17 year old piece of shit drives 100mph into you while texting, causes a 4+ car accident and goes "duh, I only have $25k coverage. You can try to sue me but I ain't got nuddin'"

nxhappy

Established Member
costco/ameriprise is the BEST company I have found so far

My Terminator is $220 a YEAR full coverage, Viper about the same
my newish F150 is about $600 a year
my record is good but I am very young

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'd have to look at my policy breakdown but I pay $259/mo for everything. GT500, Bronco, Ducati, renters, and life insurance. I want to say the GT500 is cheaper than the Bronco and the Ducati is only like $11, the other two policies are basically free because of multi-vehicle. That's with a $500 deductible but I am going to call and change it to $1000 since I run a body shop and can reap the benefits if I ever get in a wreck. My rates have been pretty much the same since I turned 24 with minor adjustments. No accidents, no tickets in the past 9 years, and great credit. I've always noticed that my trucks were always a bit more to insure than my Cobra and GT500.

This is all through State Farm who I can't stand dealing with on auto claims through the shop, they are truly awful and will scam you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I guess everyone didn't read the last sentence, what are Coyote owners paying every 6 months, not bundled with the row boat!
Thanks.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I guess everyone didn't read the last sentence, what are Coyote owners paying every 6 months, not bundled with the row boat!
Thanks.

Well maybe make a better thread title next time, and don't make it sound like you want to hear everyone's updated insurance policies.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Well maybe make a better thread title next time, and don't make it sound like you want to hear everyone's updated insurance policies.
I was gonna exclude you from that comment by name cause you said you'd check out the single car price. I figured I'd get more traffic here than the 2011+ Talk section. I also should have considered all they Chevy fan boys in here too..

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I was gonna exclude you from that comment by name cause you said you'd check out the single car price. I figured I'd get more traffic here than the 2011+ Talk section. I also should have considered all they Chevy fan boys in here too..

And considered that there was a multi-page thread in the past that asked for everyone's insurance rates. When I saw this I thought you were asking to see where everyone is at now.

Anyways, my GT500 is like $110/mo and my Bronco is $130. I know the two cars are within a few dollars of those amounts.

Users who are viewing this thread