Lethal Gen 2 Head Cooling Mod instructions

Johngreg

Established Member
Doing the head cooling mod this weekend and was wondering if there’s any detailed video or instructions on how the fittings go etc

IllCobra

Established Member
Is it easy to do the delete? And what’s the benefit of it?
I have not yet finished doing the complete delete, but so far it has been easy; however, my motor was out of the car so that made things go a lot smoother. The hard part would probably be removing the tube that goes from the manifold/header to valve since it's a tight squeeze.
From what i read, it helps in lowering IAT temps and it cleans up the engine a bit. I've read of other makes and model doing this delete so it should be a good mod to do. Plus it's cheap.

Johngreg

Established Member
I have not yet finished doing the complete delete, but so far it has been easy; however, my motor was out of the car so that made things go a lot smoother. The hard part would probably be removing the tube that goes from the manifold/header to valve since it's a tight squeeze.
From what i read, it helps in lowering IAT temps and it cleans up the engine a bit. I've read of other makes and model doing this delete so it should be a good mod to do. Plus it's cheap.
So I’ve taken off my blower and intake manifold, I got my frost plug out ondriver side head. Do I have to remove the passenger side aswell? And why remove the heater core hoses

IllCobra

Established Member
So I’ve taken off my blower and intake manifold, I got my frost plug out ondriver side head. Do I have to remove the passenger side aswell? And why remove the heater core hoses
you do not remove the passenger side freeze plug, just the driver side. That is where the long hose is going to plug to. Then it will run from the back of the s/c, under the plenum, and connect to the thicker hose exiting the s/c reservoir.
You need to remove the heater core hose to remove a little small washer located inside it.

Johngreg

Established Member
you do not remove the passenger side freeze plug, just the driver side. That is where the long hose is going to plug to. Then it will run from the back of the s/c, under the plenum, and connect to the thicker hose exiting the s/c reservoir.
You need to remove the heater core hose to remove a little small washer located inside it.
What’s the point of removing the little washer from the heater core hose? I just want to know why I’m doing what I’m doing

Johngreg

Established Member
What’s the point of removing the little washer from the heater core hose? I just want to know why I’m doing what I’m doing
There’s one fitting that looks like a L and there’s one long hose and one small? What’s the small and the L fitting for?

IllCobra

Established Member
i believe the instructions said something about the coolant flow increases when that washer is removed. I've read of some ppl not removing it but i did because it makes some sense.

IllCobra

Established Member
There’s one fitting that looks like a L and there’s one long hose and one small? What’s the small and the L fitting for?
the small piece goes over the bass fitting that you attached to the freeze plug and the L attaches to that small piece. You then attache the long hose to the L. Point the L a little toward the firewall so the hose can go around the back of the s/c a little easier

Johngreg

Established Member
the small piece goes over the bass fitting that you attached to the freeze plug and the L attaches to that small piece. You then attache the long hose to the L. Point the L a little toward the firewall so the hose can go around the back of the s/c a little easier
Do you have picture that I can see please?

IllCobra

Established Member
Do you have picture that I can see please?
upload_2018-2-11_22-34-9.png

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Quick question . When doing head cooling mod . The blower have to come out ?

Users who are viewing this thread