Lethal Gen 2 Head Cooling Mod instructions

Johngreg

Established Member
I cleaned the bore, lubrcaited the o ring and the bore abit. But I feel like I just pushed the fitting in lol I barely had to tap on it. My concern is would it leak now? I’ve attached a picture

Attachments

• 23714AB2-7863-4E1C-8BEB-B8961FEFAE04.jpeg
    23714AB2-7863-4E1C-8BEB-B8961FEFAE04.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 136

IllCobra

Established Member
I cleaned the bore, lubrcaited the o ring and the bore abit. But I feel like I just pushed the fitting in lol I barely had to tap on it. My concern is would it leak now? I’ve attached a picture
where's he plate? that plate is what is going to help the fitting stay attached to the head. I haven't started my car with this mod done yet. once you start it, just be sure and keep an eye on the first few drives.

Johngreg

Established Member
where's he plate? that plate is what is going to help the fitting stay attached to the head. I haven't started my car with this mod done yet. once you start it, just be sure and keep an eye on the first few drives.
I have to grind or file down the plate abit it won’t line up with the bolt whole yet

Johngreg

Established Member
Hey man, ive added the plate. I was wondering if you have more pictures on how you routed the hose and my egr is still on and it touches the hose from the fitting

IllCobra

Established Member
Sorry my hose isnt attached yet. I wont be working on the car until next weekend so no pics until then

Johngreg

Established Member
Sorry my hose isnt attached yet. I wont be working on the car until next weekend so no pics until then
Sounds good. Please share pictures next weekend. When you pushed the fitting into the bore was it really easy? I just don’t want it to leak so waswondering how it was for you

IllCobra

Established Member
Sounds good. Please share pictures next weekend. When you pushed the fitting into the bore was it really easy? I just don’t want it to leak so waswondering how it was for you
shoot me a pm friday night so i remember to take pics of it saturday morning

IllCobra

Established Member
IIRC you hit the plug at about the 9:00 position when standing by the drivers side fender. I eventually did a EGR delete, so the tube wasn't a issue.
Quick question about the aluminum "T" and the 1/2 hose. You probably don't remember since you did the mod such a long time ago, but figure i'd ask anyway. Is the "T" supposed to be lose on the hose until you tighten the clamps? It shouldn't be at least snug before tightening? I added some Indian head gasket compound to be on the safe side....

Users who are viewing this thread