leaving for boot aug2 usmc

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Goodluck with it all.

Btw, why did you decide to join? I've been thinking about joining as well.

camed2v

Established Member
i had a few reason of joining.
i was tired of living paycheck to pay check. i decided to be a grown man at 18 and move out with my girl and i have never asked my parents for any help. which i no if i asked they would but the way i look at it is they raised my ass for 18 so now i got to fly away and do my own thing.
i work at a upholstery shop and things got slow so since the economy is so damn bad right now i said hey why not the military.
why the USMC well alot a few reason.
i wanted a challenge wanted to earn something not have something be giving to me and the more i looked into the different branches usmc looked liked my best option. i have about 5 or so very close friends serving in the usmc and after talking to them i really just said yes thats what i wanna do. the friendships u develop the pay the for sure job and your serving ur country.
just wished i would of joined sooner

03cobrah

Established Member
get everyone's addresses before you leave so you can write.. you'll thank me later. shit you can even take mine i'll post up on svtp your experiences lol good ole memories :rolling:

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Just remember "Water off a ducks back", lol. Everything they say and make you do has a reason man. And no matter what, don't lose your cool. It's what they're trying for. And yeah, get everyone's addresses that you want to write.

camed2v

Established Member
what does that term mean water off a ducks back. i no there just doing there job and breaking u down and taking the weak ones out what everyone tells me is to dont take it personal. im a laid back guy.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Good job its a hard decision to make. Your joining in Aug im getting out in Aug. LOL 9 years SSgt I think I have done my fair share. Take care and never give up!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
thanks guys my 3 choices where
motor transport
Supply Administrations & Operations
and third was something with communications.
ill being doing it at camp p SD i been hitting the gym every night but last few days family stuff has been coming up so i have just been running 2 miles with my dog. also im attending every pt wed and fri. im not a big guy i weigh 135 at 5'10 but im trying to work on my running and building my self up for running and cardio. I im only doing about 11 12 pull ups and 70 75 cruntches i need to practise and get used to the burn.
why did u say about standing on a ant hill?

Pray for comm...... both Supply and MT comparatively speaking have worse bonuses and promotions. Also as a communiskater job opportunities are much more abundant once you get out.

You also need to run farther than 2 miles..... I'd start with 3-4 miles three times a week. Obviously do supersets of crunches and pull-ups.

GL

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
ya thanks im focusin more on running and stuff like that not to much about weight lifting. what do u mean practise on the pft. we are doing ist which is the 1mile and half in under 1330 and the 50 cruntches and 3 pull ups but the pft is 3 mile run 100 cruntches and 20 pull up. im having trouble with the 3 mile run in under 24 min. i can run the mile and half in 11.54 im excited but scared at the same time. im 24 going on 25 in sep so i feel old compared to all the little 18 year old guys

Try and get your run for the 3mile as fast as you can. I went to basic running about a 25ish and really struggled the whole time. It just makes your life there that much easier! Also, more than 10 pullups will keep you above average I'd think, entirely depends on the rest of your platoon.

Dont worry about age either, I had a 28yo and a 33yo in my platoon. The 33yo was the most in shape out of everybody!

Don't worry about the age thing. Today's generation of 17-19 year olds are playing far too much Modern Warfare 2. At 24 going on 25 I have the highest pt score in my company, and the fastest 2 mile time of 11.32 in our company belongs to a 31 year old.

Work on running alot before you go. You have to run a timed 3 mile in the Marine Corp for the PT test but during boot you may have to run upwards of 5 miles at a time. The best way to reduce your run time is to run, run and run some more. 3 times a week at a minimum. Also all of boot camp is a mind game, its designed to stress you out, piss you off, scare you etc. The faster you can get into a routine the better. Also like mentioned communication with the outside world via old fasioned postal mail is going to be very important in keeping your morale high. Best of luck.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
LMAO yeah if you dont have thick skin your going to be butt hurt everyday. Damn Marines thats just how we show we care.

camed2v

Established Member
tuff love huh lol damn i need to run i have not ran everyday. im running alot of mile and halfs and stopping just because i see the mark. but it sucks running alone i cant even run a mile but with someone its much easier u get that extra motivation you no.

dav

Established Member
so i swore in and got my ship date along with my m.o.s i just hope i atleast get something from my 3 choices

good luck, future Devildawg!

my advice to get ready for boot. run, run, run and then run some more. More than a mile and a half. I was doing almost 6 miles by the time I got out of boot. When you're not running do 8-count body builders, pullups and push ups. Wear steel toed boots while you're doing it. its gonna be hot in August! get your body used to drinking lots of water. you're gonna need it and if you're not used to it, you're gonna puke your guts out. they'll mind **** you until you feel like you can't take any more. but don't give up.

when you get there keep your mouth shut and pay attention to what you are doing. if you make it all the way through with out your DI knowing your name, then you did good.

Me, I was in the US Navy 1992 - 1996.

Last edited:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
damn you are right up the road from Where im from in Fresno, annnnnd youll be coming to where i work lol...good luck and its 20% physical 80% mental man...give 100% everyday and thats all anyone will ask....work had and listen to the DI's they do everything for a reason, trust me i have run into all my old DI's lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread