leaving for boot aug2 usmc

camed2v

Established Member
so i swore in and got my ship date along with my m.o.s i just hope i atleast get something from my 3 choices

semperfimrn1

Established Member
what were your 3 choices MOS wise?

good luck!! suggest you start working out! and when you think your good work out ten times harder!

03cobrah

Established Member
if your going to paradise island i suggest practice standing in ant hills for practice, if your going to hollywood side i highly suggest working on your legs for you will be pretty much climbing hills.

work on your pullups and run too. make sure you get down all your friends addresses so you can write them, letters will be your only thing fun.

camed2v

Established Member
thanks guys my 3 choices where
motor transport
Supply Administrations & Operations
and third was something with communications.
ill being doing it at camp p SD i been hitting the gym every night but last few days family stuff has been coming up so i have just been running 2 miles with my dog. also im attending every pt wed and fri. im not a big guy i weigh 135 at 5'10 but im trying to work on my running and building my self up for running and cardio. I im only doing about 11 12 pull ups and 70 75 cruntches i need to practise and get used to the burn.
why did u say about standing on a ant hill?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Parris island is filled with bugs apparently, you're going to San Diego so get really used to killing your legs and feet! I would focus on high intensity training, not so much weight lifting and such. Read up on our physical fitness test and combat fitness test and work your butt off to make sure you can pass them with ease before you ship!

Good luck, I went in at 130ish and 5'8" and lost weight! Stay motivated and push through you'll look back and laugh about it afterwards!

Any Questions feel free to ask!

camed2v

Established Member
ya thanks im focusin more on running and stuff like that not to much about weight lifting. what do u mean practise on the pft. we are doing ist which is the 1mile and half in under 1330 and the 50 cruntches and 3 pull ups but the pft is 3 mile run 100 cruntches and 20 pull up. im having trouble with the 3 mile run in under 24 min. i can run the mile and half in 11.54 im excited but scared at the same time. im 24 going on 25 in sep so i feel old compared to all the little 18 year old guys

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Try and get your run for the 3mile as fast as you can. I went to basic running about a 25ish and really struggled the whole time. It just makes your life there that much easier! Also, more than 10 pullups will keep you above average I'd think, entirely depends on the rest of your platoon.

Dont worry about age either, I had a 28yo and a 33yo in my platoon. The 33yo was the most in shape out of everybody!

camed2v

Established Member
oh thanks for the heads up, cant wait do those mos sound ok or are they sucky ones. im excited. ill be the first in my family well whole whole family do join the military and 2 to actually do something with my life other than day to day job.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
They all have their ups and downs, just remember first and foremost you will become a Marine!

My only experience is in the data field so I cant give you any MOS specific advice.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry man you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on that one.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thought of another tip for you.

Get rid of all of your addictions before you go. I.E., alchohol, tobacco, caffeine, etc...

camed2v

Established Member
thanks lol i was drinking alot fri and sat but my adiction now is my car lol and its gonna suck.

Users who are viewing this thread