leaving for boot aug2 usmc

03cobrah

Established Member
damn you are right up the road from Where im from in Fresno, annnnnd youll be coming to where i work lol...good luck and its 20% physical 80% mental man...give 100% everyday and thats all anyone will ask....work had and listen to the DI's they do everything for a reason, trust me i have run into all my old DI's lol

hey a little off topic since you work there i was wondering who's the best company there? lol when i left our di's kept saying that bravo company was the best but i'm pretty sure they just told us that..

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
i hope boot is done before i no it lol.
Man, cherish it.. Some of the best training and most motivational shit you'll ever experience. Some times i miss boot.

That trash is good to go.. I also miss leading a machine gun squad and humping up and down Okinawa, Korea and Philippines.. Thailand and Hawaii was also nice...

Once you get NCO it's fun, your life completely changes as a Marine..
As others have said - you need to run more.. I remember when i was in the fleet i ran three miles and 18 minutes (Prob had something to do with the altitude - i was at Mt. Fuji)

Anything over 22 minutes is weak sauce.
Off Topic - do you guys remember pugil sticks :rockon:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
damn you are right up the road from Where im from in Fresno, annnnnd youll be coming to where i work lol...good luck and its 20% physical 80% mental man...give 100% everyday and thats all anyone will ask....work had and listen to the DI's they do everything for a reason, trust me i have run into all my old DI's lol
Really - I miss my DIs..
  • Gunny Yeoman - Sr. DI
  • SSgt Frost - DI
  • Sgt Foster - Junior guy

If i remember correctly i was in plt 2033 in '97 - hollywood Marine..

camed2v

Established Member
thanks yea i went for a 2 mile run today took the dog out with me and damn i felt good just for got to time. my legs were numb for a bit but i no if i did 2 miles like that paceing myself i can do 3 just not sure in what time

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
thanks yea i went for a 2 mile run today took the dog out with me and damn i felt good just for got to time. my legs were numb for a bit but i no if i did 2 miles like that paceing myself i can do 3 just not sure in what time
Yea, just keep pushing yourself.. You need to master that PFT..
In addition to the running start working on your pullups.. . That's where most struggle.. You need to hit 20 to get a perfect PFT score.

camed2v

Established Member
o my lord lol 20 lol damn i have trouble do 10 to 12 lol i have to get perfect pft score or what

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
o my lord lol 20 lol damn i have trouble do 10 to 12 lol i have to get perfect pft score or what

You don't have to get a perfect PT score but its a good goal to have. To improve your pull ups and sit ups you need to be doing pull ups and sit ups often. This is what I do to keep my pull ups, sit ups and push ups above the PT score maximum: Start out running 1 mile at a 8 min pace(1/2 mile out 1/2 mile back) as soon as I finish I do 30 pull ups, 35 push ups and 35 sit ups. Go back out and run another mile at 8 min pace. Repeat for a total of 5 sets.

When I first started this workout I could only do 10 pull ups with each set but it quickly increased every week. Next week was 5 sets of 12, then 14, then 15 etc. The key to increasing your pull ups is to do lots and lots of pull ups, same goes for sit ups. Do this 2 times a week. If you can't manage the run then substitute a stationary bike for 5-10 mins between each set.

camed2v

Established Member
Start out running 1 mile at a 8 min pace(1/2 mile out 1/2 mile back) as soon as I finish I do 30 pull ups, 35 push ups and 35 sit ups. Go back out and run another mile at 8 min pace. Repeat for a total of 5 sets.

so do this all in one day or run then do the work out then follow it up the next day

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Start out running 1 mile at a 8 min pace(1/2 mile out 1/2 mile back) as soon as I finish I do 30 pull ups, 35 push ups and 35 sit ups. Go back out and run another mile at 8 min pace. Repeat for a total of 5 sets.

so do this all in one day or run then do the work out then follow it up the next day

No, all in the same day. 5 sets total. Run, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, run, pull ups, push ups, sit ups, run etc untill you do 5 sets. You should start out doing 10 pull ups per set. Very quickly you will improve and in a few weeks you will be doing 12 pull ups per set, then 15 then 20 etc. The idea is to both increase the amount of pull ups per set and the overall amount you are doing per exercise. So 10 pull ups per set with 5 sets per exercise gives you 50 total pull ups per exercise. 5x10=50. This is what I used to build myself up to 30 pull ups per set and my max reps for pull ups is 35.

camed2v

Established Member
thanks man i used ur advices just again i didnt time it.
i drove to check it see if it was a mile and it clocked in at 1.1 miles so i did that route again with the dog. ran then came home did 50 crunches got up did 15 push ups then ran that same route came home did 50 more crunches and 15 push up and then had to call it a day the lady wanted me to make dinner.

but i did the most cruntches in 2 min yesterday with no assistance 90 thats is my new record to this day in 2 min im proud of my self im getting better on the cruntches.

i wanted to get the iron gym thing that hangs on your door and u can use that for pull up.

im running atleast 2 miles everyday just need to start timing it and getting better at it.

JYOO

Established Member
Crazy...i have exp in both comm and motor tragedy. I went in at a later age like you. When i went into comm they put me in a tech type position...radio repair for got the number. Mos school was a bunch of get this... MATH, we carried around a gay ass backpack with calculators and had homework. So i pulled some shit to get out off there, plus MOS school was in HELL, 29 palms. Then some CWO told me "hell I can ship you to motor t, those boys are gettin blown up everyday" and thats how i got to Motor T. I dont wanna write a novel so if you have specific questions, i guess PM me. OOOH Rah

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wow, another POG. Get some, devil chode.

Guys like you crack me up. So let me ask- how do you get Paid? Fed? Housed? Equipped? Trained? etc? By magic? Some wizard just makes it appear for you? No genius- your fellow MARINES do it for you- you flippin ingrate:cuss:

Not everyone wants to be an 03XX:nonono:..........some of us actually qualify to do other jobs.

JYOO

Established Member
ALSO...before my first pump they magically switched me to be a 0311. But i dont think they can switch a 03 to be a "POG" anything. So in short any Marine can turn into a 03 esp if you get stuck in a Recon Unit. I whoopped up on plenty of original 03's all day every day, GET SOME yourself devil PUP!!!!!

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Guys like you crack me up. So let me ask- how do you get Paid? Fed? Housed? Equipped? Trained? etc? By magic? Some wizard just makes it appear for you? No genius- your fellow MARINES do it for you- you flippin ingrate:cuss:

Not everyone wants to be an 03XX:nonono:..........some of us actually qualify to do other jobs.

I never said we didn't need pog's. Simple fact of the matter it, pog's will always be inferior to grunts, and you're gonna hear about it. It's just the nature of the beast. Don't get all butthurt on me :rolling:
And before you go insulting my intelligence, assuming that I'm an 03 because I didn't qualify with a Swingline, I'd be willing to bet an MRE that both my ASVB and GT scores are much higher than yours. I chose 03 because I wanna kill babies. Otherwise, I would've joined the Air Force.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
ALSO...before my first pump they magically switched me to be a 0311. But i dont think they can switch a 03 to be a "POG" anything. So in short any Marine can turn into a 03 esp if you get stuck in a Recon Unit. I whoopped up on plenty of original 03's all day every day, GET SOME yourself devil PUP!!!!!

lol.... devilpup. DONT TALK SHIT ON 29 PALMS! its my home... :p

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member

You do realize that there are a great deal of college educated 03xx, who volunteered for infantry right?

JYOO

Established Member
lol.... devilpup. DONT TALK SHIT ON 29 PALMS! its my home... :p

Haha the STUMPS, I do miss some parts of it....ehh not really. I put like 500 miles a week on my benz, just to escape that godforsaken place. It used to be a army base but the punk ass ARMY i guess deemed it "UNINHABITABLE BY HUMANS"!!! Im sure you have seen the locals of that fine 29???? I cant believe 100% of the population there is on crystal meth...I saw a old 80+ year old lady at the dmv tweeked out of her mind...crazy. Have fun at the stumps...errrrr!!

Users who are viewing this thread