leaving for boot aug2 usmc

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
You do realize that there are a great deal of college educated 03xx, who volunteered for infantry right?

I do... FYI, I work with quite a few that latmoved OUT of 03XX because there were actually more opportunities OUTSIDE of the 03 community (parish the thought that not all 202k of us are trigger pullers 24/7:rollseyes) . btw- officers don't count- I'm talking enlisted only. My old roommate was a former 0311, as soon as he got his 2 bachelors degrees he latmoved to 3521 as a Sgt- one of the smartest individuals I've had the priveledge to serve with. I fully realize that not all grunts are as dumb as the idiot I was replying to. His mentality just drives me nuts- people who act like their occfield is God's gift to the Corps. ALL of us are vital to the mission. Not one particular MOS.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I never said we didn't need pog's. Simple fact of the matter it, pog's will always be inferior to grunts, and you're gonna hear about it. It's just the nature of the beast. Don't get all butthurt on me :rolling:
And before you go insulting my intelligence, assuming that I'm an 03 because I didn't qualify with a Swingline, I'd be willing to bet an MRE that both my ASVB and GT scores are much higher than yours. I chose 03 because I wanna kill babies. Otherwise, I would've joined the Air Force.

Put your money where your mouth is then, no shame in my game. I'm not saying you are not smart- you are however incredibly IGNORANT. Butt hurt? Not hardly. Annoyed at your "holier than thou" superiority complex. Definitely. The fact of the matter is you can't do your job without support. Where are you with out a functioning weapon? ammo? vehicle etc? Your at the bottom of the food chain crying like a little bitch to people like me begging for help.... I've seen it too many times to count when all your bluster about being the baddest guy on the block comes to a screeching halt because one of your toys needs to get fixed. You know what you are then? Another dumb loud mouth grunt sitting on his ass waiting for his gear that if he had taken better care of it wouldn't be broken in the first place.:bored:

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Those who have answered have given you good advise. Now I'm going to give you a little that my father gave me when I went in and that is " Don't volenteer for anything, keep your mouth shut and do your best"

camed2v

Established Member
Those who have answered have given you good advise. Now I'm going to give you a little that my father gave me when I went in and that is " Don't volenteer for anything, keep your mouth shut and do your best"

is that right thanks man care to share with me why. i have heard ppl saying to volunteer for everything and i asked why they just said just do it.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
is that right thanks man care to share with me why. i have heard ppl saying to volunteer for everything and i asked why they just said just do it.

Because they **** with you. For instance one of your drill instructors might ask for a volunteer, some retard does and then he says good I need someone to push.

My favorite was when Gunny Wade asked our guide if he wanted to watch tv. He seemed pretty sincere. He accepted so Gunny Wade carried the tv out and sat it on the quarter deck, and made him watch the black screen in the up push up position. Funny part was Gunny sayin "you know I'm tired of this channel change it"

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Because they **** with you. For instance one of your drill instructors might ask for a volunteer, some retard does and then he says good I need someone to push.

My favorite was when Gunny Wade asked our guide if he wanted to watch tv. He seemed pretty sincere. He accepted so Gunny Wade carried the tv out and sat it on the quarter deck, and made him watch the black screen in the up push up position. Funny part was Gunny sayin "you know I'm tired of this channel change it"

LOL! Thats awesome. cammed2V don't volunteer for anything. Do only what you are told.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You do realize that there are a great deal of college educated 03xx, who volunteered for infantry right?

I think it's funny when people think all 03s are dumb. There's a great deal of tards and imbeciles but I'd say the majority of us are pretty intelligent individuals. Most of the guys here joined as 03s just cause they wanted to see action and didn't want to be stuck in a warehouse or behind a desk. It was funny cause in SOI we had a guide of one of the platoons who had a Bachelors in Chemistry, scored a 99 on his ASVAB and somehow had a 168 GT score, lol. He was probably 5'8 145lbs and became a 0352. The guy was the biggest nerd and the last person you'd ever expect to be infantry. He could have had a very good paying job but he joined as an 03 for the simple fact that he just wanted to.

What I would suggest is physically prepare for SOI and you'll breeze through Bootcamp in SD.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I think it's funny when people think all 03s are dumb.
What I would suggest is physically prepare for SOI and you'll breeze through Bootcamp in SD.

I'd like to think that we are pretty ingenuous actually. 03's generally seem to have good analytical skills and are great problem solvers. Mostly they are just good scam artists though. So you never really know if the problem has been solved, of covered up lol.

And I completely agree about SOI.

whats soi lol damn that is pretty messed up i for sure wont volunteer lol

SOI is school of infantry, which is where you go after boot if you are an 03xx. If you are anything else, and I mean anything you go to MCT (Marine Combat Training), then you go to your MOS school after that.

SOI is pretty much the opposite of boot camp. There is very little yelling and a shit ton of the physical. If you are an 0311, like myself, you will hump nearly everywhere you go, with all your gear. Here you will learn to become Marine infantry. You will train from sun rise to sunset, and sometimes after dark for NVG (night vision) training. You will mostly eat MRE's, but occasionally your company gunny will bring some hot rats for you. All of the weight you lost in boot will be made up and you will probably gain about 10lbs of muscle, with a little fat due to the high caloric MRE's. It will be one of the most fun times in your life though.

Fellow 03s feel free to add.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'd like to think that we are pretty ingenuous actually. 03's generally seem to have good analytical skills and are great problem solvers. Mostly they are just good scam artists though. So you never really know if the problem has been solved, of covered up lol.

And I completely agree about SOI.

Haha, so true! I haven't even been in that long and I see this all the time!

SOI is school of infantry, which is where you go after boot if you are an 03xx. If you are anything else, and I mean anything you go to MCT (Marine Combat Training), then you go to your MOS school after that.

SOI is pretty much the opposite of boot camp. There is very little yelling and a shit ton of the physical. If you are an 0311, like myself, you will hump nearly everywhere you go, with all your gear. Here you will learn to become Marine infantry. You will train from sun rise to sunset, and sometimes after dark for NVG (night vision) training. You will mostly eat MRE's, but occasionally your company gunny will bring some hot rats for you. All of the weight you lost in boot will be made up and you will probably gain about 10lbs of muscle, with a little fat due to the high caloric MRE's. It will be one of the most fun times in your life though.

Fellow 03s feel free to add.

Yep! I lost 10lbs in boot and gained 15 in SOI from all the MREs and the hiking. Im just about out of the MCSFTB and I'm starting to turn into a little beast. My FITEK(sp?) instructor was Force Recon and has PT'd the shit out of us the last two weeks with box drills and ammo resupply runs. I came out of boot at 5'8 153lbs and now I'm at 171lbs with a 6-pack showing and muscles just bulging out of my legs. I've honestly never felt better than this before.

But if you're non infantry you'll spend 4 weeks in SOI at MCT like explained above learning the basics of combat training and weapons. 03s are there for 8 weeks and get more in depth training to their particular job. MCT has 3 hikes in SOI (infantry has 4) that can be pretty damn tough if you don't prepare for them by hydrating and having some sort of enrgy source like power bars with you for the breaks. MCT does the 5k, 10k, and 15k hikes while ITB has a 20k on top of that. I don't know how MCT does it but if you fall out of a hike in ITB you get your liberty taken for the weekend and you have to wake up every Saturday morning for a PT session until you pass the next hike. SOI can be fun but it will suck if that happens to you.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
After reading through a lot of this thread, OP don't get discouraged about what may seem like a lot of the crazy shit that's being said in here. I know when I was about to leave for boot and I read a lot of this same info I was getting worried about being able to pull my own weight and keep up in the running, but once I was in boot camp I couldn't believe I actually worried about that stuff before because it was so easy. Your pull ups, sit ups and run times will improve greatly while you're there. I think I ended up dropping nearly 2min off my run time while I was there.

That's why I say prepare yourself now for SOI cause you're gonna end up breezing through boot camp. It may be tough at first but you get acclimated to it because it's pretty much the same routine almost every day. Start working your legs now and build as much muscle as you can in them cause hiking is one of the hardest challenges to get accustomed to. Just don't hurt or overexert your legs before you go.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
After reading through a lot of this thread, OP don't get discouraged about what may seem like a lot of the crazy shit that's being said in here.

Yeah boot was pretty fun once you figured out the system. Plus it's set up to where you basically can't fail period. Seriously. Its no where near as fun as SOI though.

Have you gone through your duty station break down yet? Have your pcs orders yet? What did you put on your dream sheet?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Yeah boot was pretty fun once you figured out the system. Plus it's set up to where you basically can't fail period. Seriously. Its no where near as fun as SOI though.

Have you gone through your duty station break down yet? Have your pcs orders yet? What did you put on your dream sheet?

On my dream sheet I put West/FAST/East and they needed 20 for Wa so I got it pretty easily. I haven't heard anything about the pcs orders or station break down yet, but I still have over a week left, our FENEX is this Tuesday. When I get to Wa. though I guess we have a 6 week training period where they teach us the SOPs of the base. What are PCS orders exactly?

OP, if you're interested in getting some infantry training and traveling without the whole combat part you might want to look into Security Forces. My class is one of the last classes that will be 03XX Security Forces because they're getting ready to turn the job over to non 03s... or POGs as they're called. You'll pretty much be a glorified security guard but you'll get to qualify with pistols and shotguns and learn all the good infantry stuff like room breaching and close quarters combat. Plus you'll get a security clearance.

F1reStart3r or anyone else that knows, what do you know about DM school? I hear it's stupid and that you just get hazed the whole time, but I'm still interested in doing it because I'm gonna go for Scout Sniper when I get to an infantry unit. I'm thinking it's a good start and a foot in the door for Scout Sniper school.

Last edited:

camed2v

Established Member
man i was away for the weekend and these few post gots me thinking alot now. soi sounds fun but my recruiter has not been on me hes been a guess busy lol. i was thinking of doing infantry but he said there were no available jobs till dec 22 thats why i said well hell get me in aug 2. with motor t. so i can take that security forces class while im in there dam that sounds fun ya i need to eityher change recruiters or get on it with him and see whats up

Rochard

Established Member
This turned out to be a great thread and brought back some great memories really.

I had little warning about leaving for boot camp and zero prep time. Although the Marines was the end goal, my life sort of fell apart during the last two years of high school which included me leaving home at a young age, moving out of state (as a runaway really), and getting into drugs. I was addicted to drugs when I landed at PI, physically out of shape, and mentally unprepared for boot camp. However, once there you have two options - either do it or quit. I sort of needed this at the time so I pulled through, but most of the time honestly I was in a daze. I was an 0352.

As for questioning the intelligence of 03s..... Once out of the Marines I went to college, graduated with honors, made a ton of cash, and then opened up my own business. I paid cash for my Mach 1 (and paid cash for an Explorer the same day), and also paid cash for my Cobra when I bought that too. -03s aren't dumb.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
On my dream sheet I put West/FAST/East and they needed 20 for Wa so I got it pretty easily. I haven't heard anything about the pcs orders or station break down yet, but I still have over a week left, our FENEX is this Tuesday. When I get to Wa. though I guess we have a 6 week training period where they teach us the SOPs of the base. What are PCS orders exactly?

OP, if you're interested in getting some infantry training and traveling without the whole combat part you might want to look into Security Forces. My class is one of the last classes that will be 03XX Security Forces because they're getting ready to turn the job over to non 03s... or POGs as they're called. You'll pretty much be a glorified security guard but you'll get to qualify with pistols and shotguns and learn all the good infantry stuff like room breaching and close quarters combat. Plus you'll get a security clearance.

PCS orders are for your Permanent Change of Station. Since you are in training you get them each time you graduate one school and move on to the next. Once you reach Bangor, if you go to any schools like jump, sere etc you will get TDY orders, which are just a temporary duty assignment.

You will know where you are going shortly after your FENEX. A SNCO will bring your class into the main building and basically read off where everyone is going. If they need 20 slots in WA then you will most likely get it. My first pic was Rhoda, then Bahrain then 3rd FAST. I ended up in DC first strangely enough.

If they are moving away from 03xx then how will FAST companies work? That makes no sense, but strange things are happening in the military this days.

OP if your recruiter isn't working with you, you still have a couple of options.
A. you can talk to the RSS SNCO, who could get you answers
B. you can talk to the MEPS who will most decidedly get to the bottom of why you aren't being helped.

You are the one choosing to enlist so fight like hell to get what you want.

camed2v

Established Member
true thanks guys we got pt today and im gonna sit down and talk to him see whats going on for sure

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
PCS orders are for your Permanent Change of Station. Since you are in training you get them each time you graduate one school and move on to the next. Once you reach Bangor, if you go to any schools like jump, sere etc you will get TDY orders, which are just a temporary duty assignment.

You will know where you are going shortly after your FENEX. A SNCO will bring your class into the main building and basically read off where everyone is going. If they need 20 slots in WA then you will most likely get it. My first pic was Rhoda, then Bahrain then 3rd FAST. I ended up in DC first strangely enough.

If they are moving away from 03xx then how will FAST companies work? That makes no sense, but strange things are happening in the military this days.

I already got conformed for Bangor, it wasn't hard to get at all.

And for Security Forces they're restructuring the whole class curiculum for non-03s. Instead of being there 6 weeks it's going to be a 12 week course so that they can learn what they didn't get in ITB plus some. So by the time they finish the school they'll pretty much be grunts, and I'm pretty sure Security Forces will no longer be a billet but an actual job so it will extend through your whole contract. Also from what I understand we don't do much of anything at Bangor and Kingsbay because it's been turned over to the Navy, we're just QRF.

My class is B11 and we're the senior class right now, and we have up to B14 here, but they haven't picked up yet. They're the last class of 03s that will be coming through here.

Last edited:

camed2v

Established Member
well guys just wanna say thanks for all ur input and knowledge talked to my recruiter and there is a spot open for this monday so im going to meps sun which is tomorrow see if i can go if so im leaving thanks again see u guys

Users who are viewing this thread