Leaking oil cooler, where to top off?

Rambro

Established Member
Oil cooler has been leaking a bit. Coolant is low in res when cold but full at crossover. How would i go about topping it off? You cant add to the resivior right? Are folks rebuilding or deleting the coolers nowadays? Mine has been having these little phantom leaks the last couple years and it drives me nuts.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Add coolant at the crossover plug. Use a funnel and wrap it with tape at the crossover so it doesn’t fall out or coolant leaks out.

Rebuilding the oil cooler is simple. There is a company that sells the kit for like forty dollars if I remember correctly. I wouldn’t delete it thou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheaneyt

Established Member
Could just be the adapter gasket that connects to the block. Mine shot craps 9n me and i lost oil and coolant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Coolers are easy to rebuild. The whole thing is just o-rings. You can piece together yourself or buy one of the o-ring kits from the various links posted above.

Rambro

Established Member
Coolers are easy to rebuild. The whole thing is just o-rings. You can piece together yourself or buy one of the o-ring kits from the various links posted above.
Should i use a certain type of o ring if i piece it together? Where could i get them? I already have the socket for the shaft that comes in the kits. Mine is only leakiing coolant, its not mixing with the oil as far as i can tell.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Should i use a certain type of o ring if i piece it together? Where could i get them? I already have the socket for the shaft that comes in the kits. Mine is only leakiing coolant, its not mixing with the oil as far as i can tell.

The orange ones are silicone high temp o-rings. Replace with the same or you'll be in for premature leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread