LC1 Wide band Gauge Install tips w/PICS

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
So you got it working then?

Actually no - lol. I ran out of time on Joe's vert and he got the car back yesterday. Joe's car had the LC1 installed poorly by a speed shop down here almost 4 yrs ago. They used poor grounds, sloppy wiring, no led light or push button reset, really bad workmanship. The entire time I had the car the only progress I made was figuring out the lm programmer setup. It now matches your old car's lm programmer setup identically. I can now cross that off the trouble shoot list. I'm surprised the speedhut gauge ever worked at all to be honest, possibly poor readings all this time.

We are going to install the led light and push button next week, i think having the led light will be important since it gives sensor readiness info and also trouble code readings. Then we'll do the free air and heater calibration and see what happens. If it still doesn't work, the trouble shooting will have to go to the grounds and all solder connections. This car is a battle.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Pleased to say we got Joe's 100% operational tonight. Gauge and minidin. What a nightmare it was, but it works great. Took some trouble shooting on the minidin wiring and also had to trim some of the plastic back on the plug side to make full contact into the handheld. Success, woohoo! :banana: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread