Lakers vs. Celtics

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
What did the Celtics do to Kobe 2 years ago? I don't follow basketball but am interested in knowing the story behind that.

Well, they won a championship.

That was the year Pau came gift wrapped to us and Kobe finally didn't want to leave the Lakers and believed that was his year to win his first ring without shaq. Not to mention blowing a 24 point lead at home then losing by 39 points in Game 6 in Boston was humiliating. We came back to win it last year, but beating the Magic just wasn't enough. Just a really good rivalry.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Do you think the Lakers will move Kobe to Rondo like they did with Westbrook?

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
peirce vs artest should be fun to watch...can't wait to see peirce crying again. What a lil bitch

Can't wait to see Pierce raise up another trophy.

Crying? Lets see some tears please...

vanessa.jpeg

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Hahahahaha, this thread is awesome... Why are you boston fans so much on the defensive?

Good series coming up and I think the Lakeshow will take it in 6 or MAYBE 7. I MAY have some tickets for one of the first two games for sale as well. I'll keep anyone interested posted.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Hahahahaha, this thread is awesome... Why are you boston fans so much on the defensive?

Good series coming up and I think the Lakeshow will take it in 6 or MAYBE 7. I MAY have some tickets for one of the first two games for sale as well. I'll keep anyone interested posted.

idk about you, but i've noticed this thread was started by a laker fan coming up with reasons why the lakers will win. like he needs to be convinced. just remember, the Celtics werent suppose to win the last two series.

d wade: check
lebron: check
howard: check
kobe: NEXT

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
I favor the Celtics, and I saw them play and win 2 times this season. But Paul Sally Pierce is the most annoying athlete in the world. He is such a flopping ***. He is a crybaby douche who wishes he could go down a superstar like Michael, Kobe, Magic etc.. He disappears in half their games and everyone hangs off his nuts as soon as he decides to show up. I hope the Celtics pull it out, and Kobe makes Pierce look like a school girl.

JYOO

Established Member
No way Celtics pull this off. They just arent hungry as the Lakers. Ron Artest is here to shut down Pierce or Rayray and there goes their offense. Lakers are a much better team than 2 years ago. Celtics are not except for the improvement in Rajon Rondhoe, they dont have Posey this time to hit all their big shots. Celtics just dont scare me this time around or as much as last time, they are still a veteran team, but count their blessings they bought one ring but was it worth it? They are going to suck horribly this next decade...too bad, remember the 90's??

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
No way Celtics pull this off. They just arent hungry as the Lakers. Ron Artest is here to shut down Pierce or Rayray and there goes their offense. Lakers are a much better team than 2 years ago. Celtics are not except for the improvement in Rajon Rondhoe, they dont have Posey this time to hit all their big shots. Celtics just dont scare me this time around or as much as last time, they are still a veteran team, but count their blessings they bought one ring but was it worth it? They are going to suck horribly this next decade...too bad, remember the 90's??

while the big 3 may have slipped slightly, and i mean very slightly, rondo is twice the player he was in 08. and if you take the time to look it up, the current Celtic bench is averaging MORE points per game than the 08 team's bench.

by "bought" you mean traded away very promising young talent for "washed up" veterans that no one wanted. the fakers may want to look at themselves and think about what they're going to do this decade when kobe is reitred and has plenty of free time to rape young women. as much as laker fans want to harass the Celtics for being old, kobe, artest, and especially fisher aren't exactly young

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I said it before the playoffs started, and I'll say it again. Whoever wins the Cavs vs Celtics series wins the championship this year.

Since this seems rather hard to grasp, let's look at it from a mathematical perspective.

0 = loss
Cavs = 0
Celtic - 0 = Celtics

It's that simple. Introducing additional variables into an equation that has already been predefined is like taking that equation and adding (3-2)-1
where Lakers = (3-2)-1

Essentially, it doesn't ****ing matter who the Celtics are playing, they are still going to win it. :lol1:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
idk about you, but i've noticed this thread was started by a laker fan coming up with reasons why the lakers will win. like he needs to be convinced. just remember, the Celtics werent suppose to win the last two series.

d wade: check
lebron: check
howard: check
kobe: NEXT

I don't know about you, but I noticed that he gave reasons why both teams could win this series followed by his personal pick at the end.

He gave good points for/against both teams.

However I do agree with (in a way) that nice little check list at the end of your post.

I think that check list will be a huge factor in the Celtic's favor. People weren't really giving them a chance at the beginning of the playoff's and in a way the Celtic's have been the under dog twice already this post season. They took out two of the games best players and the games second best player (soon to be number one, buuuuuut NOT yet) in Lebron James.

I think the Celtic's are 'hungrier' :dw: this time around than the Lakers and although they aren't as good as the '08 Celtic's the Lakers aren't as good as the '09 Lakers either.

So for me it's a toss up, but with this stupid ass Finals format I believe there is wayyyy more pressure on the Lakers to come out of the gates running than on the Celtics.

But hopefully this turns out to be a great series and no more wheel chair shenanigans please!

My pick: the Lakeshow. :banana:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

:dw:

But LOL @ the last part of your post. A bunch of bandwagon celtic fans came out of the woodwork 2 years ago and they'll stick around until after this year I predict. The good thing about this is that we won't have to hear pointlessly pompous bandwagon Celtic fans stuck in the past for another 20 years. :lol:

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
I don't know about you, but I noticed that he gave reasons why both teams could win this series followed by his personal pick at the end.

He gave good points for/against both teams.

However I do agree with (in a way) that nice little check list at the end of your post.

I think that check list will be a huge factor in the Celtic's favor. People weren't really giving them a chance at the beginning of the playoff's and in a way the Celtic's have been the under dog twice already this post season. They took out two of the games best players and the games second best player (soon to be number one, buuuuuut NOT yet) in Lebron James.

I think the Celtic's are 'hungrier' :dw: this time around than the Lakers and although they aren't as good as the '08 Celtic's the Lakers aren't as good as the '09 Lakers either.

So for me it's a toss up, but with this stupid ass Finals format I believe there is wayyyy more pressure on the Lakers to come out of the gates running than on the Celtics.

But hopefully this turns out to be a great series and no more wheel chair shenanigans please!

My pick: the Lakeshow. :banana:
i REALLY hate the finals format. even if it could slightly favor the Celtics. if it works throughout the playoffs, why change it?
i lol'd at that comment to. i'm not insinuating that the Celtics are better offensively, but their starting 5 can have up to 4 go to guys when Rondo is hitting his jumpers. even Baby can be a scoring threat

JYOO

Established Member
Everyone on both starting line ups have a ring already except....Ron Artest, he took a paycut to be here and wants that first piece of jewlery badly, yes hes hungry and I dont think anyone is hungrier than Kobe, hes just downright greedy and these two teams have been there done that, its gonna come down to who can close it during the last 2 minutes of each game...thats what i see anyways.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member

But LOL @ the last part of your post. A bunch of bandwagon celtic fans came out of the woodwork 2 years ago and they'll stick around until after this year I predict. The good thing about this is that we won't have to hear pointlessly pompous bandwagon Celtic fans stuck in the past for another 20 years. :lol:

I dont know who you are referring to but the Season I went to games the most is when they had an 18 game losing streak. They finished 24-58 for the season and that season I still went to the games even though I knew they were not going to do well.

People post negative things towards the Celtics I am usually going to chime in. I don't put down the Lakers in any way unless you guys decide to trash on the Celtics.

About Pierce saying he puts on an act. Its true he does and I have said it before if people really want to win they should do the same. Sometimes it can persuade a referee's call. He has been with the Celtics since 1998 and stuck with the team even though they were basically the worst team in the league.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member

Wow nice edit there. U really are that insecure. Maybe u faker fans will finally be put to bed after this series. That way u'll know just how inferior u really are. But hey, win or lose, there's still plenty of unsuspecting girls out there for kobe to rape

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
My grey Beat LA shirt gets un-retired today for all you little bandwagon Billy Crystal yankee hat wearing douchetards.

I have looked forward to this possible rematch coming into the playoffs HEALTHY unlike last season.

**** yes baby. Can it get any better than this? NOPE!

Game 1 is going to be insane!

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Going to be a good series! Looking forward to Paul Pierce throwing up more gang signs as he torches the Lakers.

Here is why the Celtics win - point guard play! Derek Fisher cannot cover Rondo and if they move Kobe or Artest over to cover him it opens up someone else!

Celtics in 6

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Wow nice edit there. U really are that insecure. Maybe u faker fans will finally be put to bed after this series. That way u'll know just how inferior u really are. But hey, win or lose, there's still plenty of unsuspecting girls out there for kobe to rape

Insecure about what? The fact that the celtics were nobodys for 20 years, and the way it's looking now they will be again for another while? That's why I'm insecure? Oooook...

And that comment was directed at bandwagon fans. If that made YOU insecure I suppose you are a bandwagon fan then... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread