LACR Friday 08/08/03

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
David, you know what kinda helmet I'd need on a roadcourse? I'd like to get one that'll be good on both a roadcourse and the 1/4 mile, and one that'll be "up to spec" for some time to come... heard SNEL 90 or 95 was going to be outdated soon, or something... ?

~Berj

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Berj,
Need to be SA2000 & above. Snell 90 & Snell 95 but depending on the track :shrug:

Im going with Bell...full face helmet. This way i can use it for roadracing & the 1/4 track.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
poisonious Im sooo confused, soo much to choose from

Is sa 2000 above snell 95?

lol. Yes SA2000 is the next step up. They said that the Snell 95 will no longer be permitted but not sure when its going to end or what :shrug:

SA2000 & ur good for a very long time :beer:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Hey George, my bad about no info on the helmet from my uncle, but he went to Mexico on vacation with his fams for 2-4 weeks (not sure exactly). I'm not even positive he knows I have one of his helmets. If you're still looking for one when he gets back, I'll talk to him.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
lol. Yes SA2000 is the next step up. They said that the Snell 95 will no longer be permitted but not sure when its going to end or what :shrug:

SA2000 & ur good for a very long time :beer:

Oh crap! :bash:The helmet I have is a Snell 90. I don't want to have to buy a new helmet. They're expensive.:cryying:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Dude ur safe...i think. I remember folks at Irwindale saying u only needed it to be in the 90's not 95's. Plus no such changes have taken place that i heard about. Its was just all talk when i posted a thread on helmets.

LACR Snell 90 is good.

&

Carlsbad it doesnt say ? Just bring a helmet...on the rules info. :shrug:

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i had to check the nhra rules page cuz all i have is an m2000 rated helmet, but apparently those are ok too until you get into the "pro" categories. *whew* now if i could just figure out why the dang thing fits tighter than i remember. lol

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Snell 2000 is good to year 2006

Carlsbad has asked about my D/S loop (Have on), and actually looked for and missed the Snell 2000 sticker in my helmet (Showed them). Tech is different at each event, I'm thinking. LACR, Famoso, Carlsbad, all different every time.

Rules? We don't need to read no estinking rules, man! The rules are what I say they are right now, right here. Chew gotta problem with that, Ford Man?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Sorry, my uncle won't be back from Mexico until Saturday.

Man George...ur lagging. :bash:

Come on...all that $$ to ur car. I think u can dish out another 2 bills to protect the Mellon on ur head. :bash:

jonas

Established Member
where can i buy one
is there any shops around the valley that have car helmets?
I have the money, I feel uncomfortable ordering online without trial fitting them

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
where can i buy one
is there any shops around the valley that have car helmets?
I have the money, I feel uncomfortable ordering online without trial fitting them

Locally sorry but Hawaiin Racing in Simi Valley...but they are bunch of high priced jerks.

Or E&D Racing in Palmdale might have them :shrug: Used to go to that shop.

Or the Bell Helmets Shop but id spend 3bills. U can fax them the request which works out but i had to drive to them since there freaking large is LARGE :eek:

Better to stop by a shop.

stang99

That's R&E Racing. I don't know if they have helmets and if they do they will be expensive. I purchased a Snell 2000 motorcycle helmet. That works for drag racing and there are many outlets that sell motorcycle helmets. LACR sells helmets, if they have a size in stock that will fit, but they are motorcycle helmets for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread