LACR Friday 08/08/03

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:D

Lets do this again :p

Andorian / Berj.. Better be there :dw: this time out ;-)
Jonas / George.. Getting better & better bro :beer:
SonicVenum / Juan.. Trying to get u addicted :burnout:
Sonic Boom / Chris.. I know u got better times, but dont forget a helmet :thumbsup:

Any ones else????

Helmets.. please make sure to get a nice cheap one but with a snell 90 approved rating. Last time out techs were pretty upset at me & cant believe that dude remembered me :shrug:

For the new folks.

http://www.lacr.net

:beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
http://www.hardtail.com/techtips/altitude.html

The above is supposed to be a CORRECTION FACTOR BOARD but we need to know what freaking altitude LACR is at. Any one have an idea?

Some say 2800Feet above Sea Level & minus .50sec off ur ETA.
Which is almost right but just 6thousands off.

1st run was my best run at LACR.
ETA was 13.327 x .9666 = 12.881 ETA.
MPH was 107.552 x 1.0353 = 111.35 MPH.

Damn i need to learn how to drive :bash:

Come to think of it that freaking 03Cobra Black (not a member of SVT Forums) ran a 12.00 flat so it would be 11.599 corrected or so. He said the other week previous best was 11.6 ETA so that was 11.21 corrected.

Last edited:

stang99

Correction factor for LACR at 2710' is on their web site. .9679 times ET and 1.033 times MPH. This just corrects for altitude, not the bad air or the heat and wind.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I'd love to go again. I've got to get better. Tetge, I want a rematch. Maybe I'll spring for a clutch quadrant for the next one. Maybe I'll even turn off my A/C (lol).
I've really got to get a trailer, so I can just take my car up there with my truck. That's one hell of a drive for me. I don't wanna rack up that many miles.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tetge / ?? .. might go?

SonicVenums .... 1st step of addiction = wanting more ;-)

Come on folks .... doesnt have to be just 03Cobra's. Alot of GT & Rousch cars at the track. Its all in the family.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
maybe i'll ask for the day off and meet up w/ you guys. :) it's kind of a trek for me (77 miles one way) but you gotta do it at least once, right? ;-) are the tech guys hardasses when it comes to verts? i'm pretty sure fontana won't let you run w/o a rollbar if you're faster than 13.99. not that i'd do it first time out, but who knows?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
FuShnickens / Allen. Would be nice if u can make it. There was a Vert running at the track but not sure if he had a roll bar. They said its required for cars going under 14's which im sure u will do ;-)

77miles is a trip to make....btw DSG Cobra's look sweet.

Sonic Boom / Chris. Our Little Bro's going to make it as well :beer:

So Sonic Boom, SonicVenum...confirmed.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
FuShnickens / Allen. Would be nice if u can make it. There was a Vert running at the track but not sure if he had a roll bar. They said its required for cars going under 14's which im sure u will do ;-)

i've got the cdc bar but i don't think that'll cut it. ;-) hopefully they won't look too close!

77miles is a trip to make....btw DSG Cobra's look sweet.

yeah it's kinda far but i'm sure it'll be worth it after the first run. :) thanks for the color props. i do love the dsg color. i wanted to paint my last mustang close to that color so it was love at first sight when i saw the new one. :)

what time do you guys usually get out there? also, do you frequent any other strips? i saw that the cobra owners assoc was having a cruise night at irwindale but i don't think they'll be racing.

stang99

If you run at LACR you can expect to get called on all of the safety rules, sooner or later. They enforce the helmet rule and the long pants rule really tightly. They also will ultimately expect a drive shaft loop. And, the black vert that was running Fri night has a sano roll bar that is up to spec. He had to have his rear seat redone to fit after the roll bar went in. The tech at Fontana was at least as strict as LACR. In my two visits to Carlsbad, they have not even checked my helmet but you can't run without a helmet. They never asked about a drive shaft loop either. I have no idea how strict they are about verts. Famoso tech was pretty easy, but, they did ask about a loop and they checked for my Snell sticker in my helmet. I was there for an SVT event, so they may have been more relaxed than usual. Most strips will do a thorough tech to keep the junk off the track and for general safety, liability, and insurance reasons.

stang99

Still sandbagging me? We should have a pretty good race since you have just a little more HP and TQ than I do. But, when you start to really use your tires, I will not have a chance since you are already trapping faster than me. RWHP/TQ rules.

Originally posted by SonicVenum
I'd love to go again. I've got to get better. Tetge, I want a rematch. Maybe I'll spring for a clutch quadrant for the next one. Maybe I'll even turn off my A/C (lol).
I've really got to get a trailer, so I can just take my car up there with my truck. That's one hell of a drive for me. I don't wanna rack up that many miles.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tetge / Thanks for the info on the Vert. This thread should be helpful to some Vert owners down the line ;-)

FuShnikens / Allan ... Actually working with ADR to set up a date to go to Carlsbad. Havent heard which date he wants to run but if u want to go there with me & ADR that would be cool :beer:

Irwindale is o.k. to practice the 60' & reaction times. Messing around with the launching technics is the main thing to find what works for you & doesnt. Parking Lots a bit crazy so ur eyes should look around every were or some crazy dude will pop up when u dont expect it.
Crowd is def. there & runs can take 35 - 50 mins depends how busy they are.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
If you run at LACR you can expect to get called on all of the safety rules, sooner or later. They enforce the helmet rule and the long pants rule really tightly. They also will ultimately expect a drive shaft loop. And, the black vert that was running Fri night has a sano roll bar that is up to spec. He had to have his rear seat redone to fit after the roll bar went in. The tech at Fontana was at least as strict as LACR.

thanks for the tips tetge! i've got a helmet and plan on getting the ds loop just for peace of mind but i dunno about the roll bar just yet. i'd really have to be into it i think. i need to find some cheaper hobbies! ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods

FuShnikens / Allan ... Actually working with ADR to set up a date to go to Carlsbad. Havent heard which date he wants to run but if u want to go there with me & ADR that would be cool :beer:

that'd be pretty cool. i gotta check on the 26th - it's a good possibility though. :)

Irwindale is o.k. to practice the 60' & reaction times. Messing around with the launching technics is the main thing to find what works for you & doesnt. Parking Lots a bit crazy so ur eyes should look around every were or some crazy dude will pop up when u dont expect it.

i'd try any place once but yeah i've heard of the crazy folks there too. maybe the hotter it gets there will be less ppl. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
FuShnikens / Allen. Be cool if ur going to be there :beer:
26th might work...but i got invited to a stupid co-workers wedding for sunday early morning. Who plans a wedding on a sunday? :shrug:
Cant get all drunk or any thing cause of work next day.

Oh. MS KWIK might just be with us.... :beer: A very nice lady might do some A$$ Kicking. Now that would be sweet.

Irwindale I like that place. Sonic Venum wants to go as well since he lives closer to that track...im willing to go & maybe we can set up a date for Irwindale. Now this track has some crazy cars.

Trapping 110+ on the 1/8 ... now that is fast.

jonas

Established Member
sonicvenum (juan)
hook a bro up with a helmet,
talk to your uncle and see if he has any extra helmets for sale for cheap.

btw expect a pully and chip in the next week or 2

the mod bug hit me hard, I may go kb before the end of summer

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Jonas,
I havn't had a chance to talk to my uncle. I've been pretty busy since Sat. I'll talk to him as soon as I can. It will definately be before the next LACR day, however I don't think I could get to his house to pick up a helmet by the cruise this Sat.
I'll PM you once I've talked to him.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks Dave, I'll check those out. I tried Ebay, but the cheapest I found was like $1800. It's not THAT important. If I can find something pretty cheap(~$500), I would buy it. The closest 1/4 track I've got to me is Fontuckey, and that's still kind of far. I would love to be able to go to whatever track I wanted, and just haul the Snake there with my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread