LACR Friday 08/08/03

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Of Course. I want to show folks how freaking tall Juan is compared to me. :eek:

how about compared to just about everyone? ;-) i was gonna ask him how he was able to put his helmet on while in the car because i was having trouble. :D

i thought i was gonna be able to go but it looks like i'm going to have to be available for work that night. :( be sure to post when the next track day is!

also, if you get some pics/vids and need some place to host them just let me know.

:beer:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Dave, I can't go.

j/k. I'm gonna try and see if they can install my clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster on Fri. I'm gonna have to start work real early so I can go home, pick up my car, drive all the way to Aliso Viejo (past south x of 5&405), have them installed, then go all the way to your house by ~4:30.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek:
I actually freaked when i saw that.

Dude so my house by 4:30?
Strange but the Valley wasnt all that hot today. :shrug:

I hope that track is prepped right.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Do you think that's a good time? Should I shoot for earlier? I figure it's probably gonna take me 2.5+ hours to get from the shop to your house, depending on traffic.

jonas

Established Member
Im gonna come!!
the tb may be tweaky but the car is fine for drag racing just feel uncomfortable in stop and go, if we leave early, it will be fine :)

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Guys, pray for me. I spoke to Eric at XMP, and he said they wouldn't get my clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster til Monday. I NEED it for the track. I'm having a tough time making speed shifts at high rpm. He said he would see if they can ship it next day. I'm gonna call as soon as they open tomorrow and see if it's going to come in. If so, I hope it comes in early enough so they can install it and get me out of there at a decent hour so I can make it to Dave's at a reasonable time. I hate traffic.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I don't think it's the shifter. I have no problems shifting at normal driving rpm's doing normal shift. When I try to shift fast, even at lower rpm's, it feels like the shifter is getting caught up on someting before going all the way into gear. When I make normal shifts, it feels like it goes through a notch to get to the gear. I figure I just need to adjust my clutch more than the stock adjuster will allow.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hope it works out for you sonicvenum! even if you had to granny instead of speed shift i'm sure you'll still put up some good numbers w/ the power you have.

hey pmod, is your nx kit ready for track time yet? gotta check out your setup. :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Allan....no not yet. Im going to install this sat & sun. :D
Just doing info search before i try to install.

Juan...i have that notchy feeling too. :(
Hum maybe u want to take a run in my car & see if its any diff. ?
Or maybe ur elbow is stabbing ur stomach or maybe ur just too freaking tall.

:D

J/K.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Hey Allan....no not yet. Im going to install this sat & sun. :D
Just doing info search before i try to install.

Juan...i have that notchy feeling too. :(
Hum maybe u want to take a run in my car & see if its any diff. ?
Or maybe ur elbow is stabbing ur stomach or maybe ur just too freaking tall.

:D

J/K.

See, that's why I think my clutch just needs more adjustment. I don't wanna break something while trying to muscle the shifter into gear.:bash:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hum ..... maybe u should drive me car :D

No seriously i have that nasty shift feel since day one :shrug: but i havent yet exp. not being able to get into gear. :eek:

Although now i think either the Clutch or the Transmittion is making a bit too much noise. :nonono:

Oh well.....time will only tell what happens to mine. :(

Sonic Boom / Chris is going to show up with his brothers Mach1 :D & Also his Cousin is going to bring his Z06 to the track.....yeah yeah.

That should be fun.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Juan, try taking your seat out when you adjust the clutch, you'll get a better handle on things. I was suprized how much I was able to adjust it when I did mine.

With just one click (actually, it sounds more like clack) of adjustment, I noticed a big difference in shift feel. I was having the same problem you did at Carlsbad. When it's hot, and your at full steam, it wouldn't go in gear without a slow, mighty shove. One clack on the adjuster, much easier. Another, nirvana.

I tried with the seat in, just couldn't get a good hold on the quadrant while pushing up on the clutch pedal. Seat out, no problem. Big guy like you, I can see you having issues getting in there.

I just took out the seat, lay down on my back, pushed the clutch pedal in, held the quadrant and pulled up on the clutch pedal as far as I could. Clack! One wasn't quite enough, though. I did the first one with the car stone cold. Added one more with the car hot, just right.

jonas

Established Member
sonic juan, I have a firewall adjuster, you want it???
works with the stock cable, just come over early, btw ive never installed one so I dont even know step one but I have instructions from the web I can print out

stang99

You should not need to take out the seat. I sit on the ground outside the car up close to the door hinges and reach in from there since I can't fit between the seat and the dash. It helps to bring something to sit on so you don't get too dirty. Just reach up above the gas pedal and feel around until you find the stock adjuster. Move the clutch up and down so that you can identify the adjuster, since it will also be moving. I have to lean in and bend around to reach the quadrant up above the gas pedal. Too bad no one has a shop manual so a picture of where the stock quadrant is located could be shown. The stock quadrant has a plastic tab coming off of it and you push down on the clutch and then hold the quadrant still, in place, while pulling up on the clutch. I got many clicks out of various 03 clutches by doing this and it usually is temp relief for the shifting problems. Be aware that the adjustment can slide back even after one run so it pays to check it. I was adjusting mine twice a day and getting one to three clicks out of it. This trick kept me going until I got the adjustable quadrant but my TOB is shot now and so is the clutch so I am about to get a Spec Stage 2 and throw it into the car. The stock clutch would prob be ok if you kept it adjusted from the beginning. But once it is hazed and the TOB gets worn, you are doomed to get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread