LACR for Randy's B-Day 9/12

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:beer: Randy's Birth Day on 09/12/03 :beer:

Randy's wishes we all show up to LACR & spend time with him / Family ;-) .

http://www.lacr.net <<<< LACR Web Site & Directions

$15.00 to Race & $10.00 to watch.
Racing Starts @ 5:00pm to 10:00pm.

Think we can all pitch in for his B-day ;-). Also would like to go & have some Din Din after the races....if possible Randy?

:thumbsup: u Old Fart :p

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:beer: Randy's Birth Day on 09/12/03 :beer:

Randy's wishes we all show up to LACR & spend time with him / Family ;-) .

http://www.lacr.net <<<< LACR Web Site & Directions

$15.00 to Race & $10.00 to watch.
Racing Starts @ 5:00pm to 10:00pm.

Think we can all pitch in for his B-day ;-). Also would like to go & have some Din Din after the races....if possible Randy?

:thumbsup: u Old Fart :p
Dave; if a get off work on time Ill be there, not 100% certain. Ruben

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I don't think I'll be able to make it. I've been on vacation all week, and the work will be piled high when I get back Monday. I'll be digging for twoo weeks straight to get out from under it.

Happy Birthday, Randy!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Ruben, Will be there till 10pm so even if u leave the Valley like at 6pm or even 7pm u can make at least 4 to 6 runs ;-)

John, Vacation :dw: Thanks for leaving us all behind :p
George, im sure u will :beer:

Adam, I know i can always count on the Walkers :D :beer:

P. Were has Tetge been around?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
P Moddy,

It was the first time this year I've had more than three days off in a row. If I'd won the lottery, I would have invited everybody

:D Why thank ya John. Well sounds like u needed it.

:burnout:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
ok ok.....i actually used my head after i posted, we will probably attend, but not race due to our illegal roll bar. but we will be there somehow

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
ok ok.....i actually used my head after i posted, we will probably attend, but not race due to our illegal roll bar. but we will be there somehow

Illegal? What illegal? In which way does it violate the rules and/or law? Bolts? Deficiency of contact points? Number of actual bars in the roll bar?

When LACR is the only track left in SoCal, what kind of Nazis will they be then?

Don't you wish you had a 16 second ricer, so you wouldn't have those issues? Maybe P Moddy will loan you his Focus:shrug:

rmoreau

Established Member
Whoo-hoo

This will be my first time at the track. Gotta finish off these F1's in style.

I look forward to meeting you all up there.

What time should we meet up??

Randy

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey P. u have to show up man. Then Juan & you can have a re-match but i know u will take him again :D

John..... lets be nice bra :thumbsup: Especially to the folks who have not hit the 12's. :rolleyes:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Sorry P, but my frustrations are showing. We have few tracks, they are a long drive, prep sucks and now the Chief of the LAPD wants to crush cars impounded for street racing, while the owners are forced to watch.

I am grateful that LACR will be around for awhile, I don't see too many houses going in next door.

You guys have fun, I have work:gt:

stang99

It does seem to be cruel and unusual punishment to crush a car because it was involved in a street race. But, they have been taking cars/boats/and other personal property away from people for drug busts for years and driving is a priviledge, not a right. It is also a judgemental area when it comes to whether or not you were actually racing and/or doing exhibition of speed. The Cobra is so fast that it can appear to be doing speed exhibition when it is just cruising. But, organized street racing has become a perceived problem so the police want to send a serious message to the racers. Unfortunately, there have been some serious accidents and some crime directly linked to the street racing scene and all the Fast and Furious stuff did not help either. They still street race out here in the desert on empty roads with no side streets way the Hell out in the middle of nowhere and it is said that the local Sheriff winks at the racing since everyone knows that it is going on. There sure are a lot of tire marks on the pavement out there, not that I have ever been there.
For me, the drag strip is the perfect place to let my car rip. No worry about getting busted and quantified printouts of my results. I used to drive from Chatsworth up to LACR through the traffic before I bought my current house near the strip. It was a long drive which can be helped a lot if you have a passenger since the car pool lane cooks compared to the regular lanes. Try to find someone to ride shotgun and the commute will be a lot easier.
I am still working on my car for the next Sal's Mustang day and hopefully I can get out there and run some solid LACR times with the good track prep.
BTW: LACR may not be around for all that much longer since it is on land owned by the gravel pits and they are rumored to have desires to dig up the LACR land for rocks. If the lease is not renewed, the drag strip may be gone. Then it would be no street racing or we'll crush your car and no race tracks available for legal racing. Damn! Now I'm off on another rant!

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Sorry P, but my frustrations are showing. We have few tracks, they are a long drive, prep sucks and now the Chief of the LAPD wants to crush cars impounded for street racing, while the owners are forced to watch.

I am grateful that LACR will be around for awhile, I don't see too many houses going in next door.

You guys have fun, I have work:gt:

Users who are viewing this thread