KOOKS Headers on an 03????

are the gains worth the trouble as far as power & sound?

• hell yeah!!

Votes: 215 74.1%
  • hell no!!

Votes: 75 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinSVT

Established Member
MY COFFIN said:
I have the KOOKS and love them, I am also lowered and rarely scrape. The headers were one of the first mods I did and I do not regret it at all. Never got a before and after dyno result but when I pullied it and ported the blower the result was 519 at the rear and I am running hi-flow cats also.

Just the info I needed to hear! Im also lowered on H&R's... but was scared to buy them because the fear of scraping.

Anyways, Kooks LTs, O/R X-pipe and Magnaflow Cat-back here I come!

sonicobra500

Established Member
I just purchased mine over the phone with Kooks today!! Got the 1-3/4 w/3"collectors and 3"x 2-1/2" O/R x-pipe to mate to my Borla Stingers!!! Hoping to do the install with my brother!!! I really hope the install goes smooth and dont have to make any crazy adjustments!!!

The Good

Established Member
Just got the JDM Catted H-pipe. Will probably have th car back friday evening or sat morning. I cant wait to hear what it sounds like. BTW I have the KOOKs 8 tubes into two collectors.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
yeah get themn there headers on and let us know! i bought a used set of kooks awhile back and just dont have any ambition to put them on .... motivate me...please!

The Good

Established Member
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
The Good said:
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

Can we get a sound clip?

sonicobra500

Established Member
I also got mine installed on Monday, 10/24/2005 and man its loud as hell!! I mean wake the dead loud only when you go beyond 2000 rpm's. At Idle its quiet and if you drive normal its very close to the setup I had before which was Bassani catted X with Borla stingers, now its JDM 1-5/8 longtubes with and off-road X to mate to my Borla Stingers. I would recommend them to anybody who wants to be noticed while running. I personally think its a great setup and will scare the stickers off an import or the bowtie off a chevy, lol!! I got mine installed by Strictly Perf. and they did a great job, no leaks, everything sounds and looks as if it came from the factory, lol!!! Im currently getting something installed and after that a couple of dyno runs!!

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
SOUND CLIP!!

And dont cut us short!! (i.e. drive by, in car, etc.)

GodStang

Established Member
Well I got my car on the road this past weekend. I have Kooks mated to Bassani Catback. I will have sound clips after this weekend.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
That's cool... i want to definitely hear the clips.. i'm going with KOOKS longtubes on my car eventually... i'm keeping my MAC 3" Catback and either going with a mac midlength or a midlength X pipe... not sure which yet... i'm told the X would be best.

Bad Snake

Established Member
I'm in the middle of installing Kooks longtubes. A lift would be nice. Not dropping the k. It's not really that bad. You need a assortment of sockets, ratchets, gear drive wrenches , and some patience. Every bolt needs a different setup. I'm takeing my time, working on it after work a few hours a day. Can't wait to fire it up!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
GodStang said:
Well I got my car on the road this past weekend. I have Kooks mated to Bassani Catback. I will have sound clips after this weekend.

So, how about that sound clip? :beer:

Bad Snake

Established Member
Well I'm done. Finally. Sounds like a cobra should. Went with the 1 5/8 to catted h to magnaflow cat back. Sound is perfect. About the same noise level as before when crusing around, but when you put your foot in it WATCH OUT!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We just started carrying Kooks stuff!! If there are a few interested I would be glad to put together a GP in celebration of us adding the Kooks Line to our parts list!!

WIECH

Established Member
black03 said:
We just started carrying Kooks stuff!! If there are a few interested I would be glad to put together a GP in celebration of us adding the Kooks Line to our parts list!!
Awsome!!!! Thanks Jared. Lets get this going guys whos intrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread