KOOKS Headers on an 03????

are the gains worth the trouble as far as power & sound?

• hell yeah!!

Votes: 215 74.1%
  • hell no!!

Votes: 75 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Bad Snake said:
Last winter I installed them myself with out a lift, or dropping the k member. It took me about 18 hours to install, a few hours at a time, after work. If I would have had a lift I think that I would have dropped the k. Some of the bolts are difficult to get to. I had to bend a 10mm open end wrench to tighten two of the bolts. I had a bung welded in the h for data logging. You won't have a problem with cops as long as you keep your foot out of it. Crusing it's not loud at all, it's just when you romp on it. I can't afford to get tickets, so I look around first. Personally, I couldn't imagine haveing an off road h or x or louder mufflers like the borla stingers. That probally would not go over to well here in the Bay Area. Definitely headers are worth it, it's up to you how loud you want it.:-D
Bad Snake, you just helped me out a ton. :beer:

How much boost did you lose after the install?

Last edited:

Bad Snake

Established Member
I may have lost a pound? Running at 13.5/14 now. I had James write me a new tune, and switched from preditor to sct, to account for the headers. SOP feels faster. Haven't been to te strip or dyno since install. Yeh catted 2.5 h. Now I think that the cobra is starting to sound like a cobra should.
I want to do cams next. Then maybe a blower, or coilovers.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For you guys interested in the Kooks setups PM me what you're looking for and I'll set you guys up with a sweet deal. I need about 3 people to go in on it and we are all set.. Thanks, Jared
:beer:

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
sound clip in my sig..kooks long tubes, kooks x-pipe no cats and borla stinger.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Nobody posted any before and after numbers. Alll the mag stuff I've seen says the gains aren't worth the hassle. Anyone?

bitten

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
RedfireBeast said:
sound clip in my sig..kooks long tubes, kooks x-pipe no cats and borla stinger.
I can honestly say I think you have the meanest sounding cobra I've ever heard. I would really love to here that same setup with bassani catback.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
It's funny that I stumbled into this thread accidentally because this is the same exact setup that I want on my Cobra! Now it's all setup & the plans are in order...

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Sorry to bring this thread up but any of you that have installed the Kooks headers I have a question.

Does the steering shaft go inbetween the #2 and #3 primaries? I can get it to fit through there? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread