KOOKS Headers on an 03????

are the gains worth the trouble as far as power & sound?

• hell yeah!!

Votes: 215 74.1%
  • hell no!!

Votes: 75 25.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravis217

Wanted: 03/04 Cobra
Established Member
What do you think about Kooks (like yours silversnake) a catted h-pipe and flowmaster super-40's?

im thinking catted instead of off-road b/c i want my car to sound like yours (silversnake) but just not as loud.......... that is when i buy my cobra (3 or 4 months CANT WAIT)

Duran

Matador
Established Member
I have the kooks 1 3/4 and matching x pipe. I am very happy with them! Made great power with my 2.76 pulley. I recommend them. I didnt install them though.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
black03 said:
We just started carrying Kooks stuff!! If there are a few interested I would be glad to put together a GP in celebration of us adding the Kooks Line to our parts list!!

I would be interested

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
The Good said:
Just got the JDM Catted H-pipe. Will probably have th car back friday evening or sat morning. I cant wait to hear what it sounds like. BTW I have the KOOKs 8 tubes into two collectors.

I really would like to hear this combo!!!!!

Warrlac

SVTOA Minnesota Member
Established Member
Kooks + Offroad-X + Borla Stingers

Just had this combo put on my 03 Cobra Coupe. This is the free-est flowing exhausts I have ever seen! Unbelievably loud. Just rips from 5K to redline!

I have to idle in and out of my garage because my neighbors would call the cops if I reved it.

Very nice set-up but LOUD! :rockon:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Yeah my Kooks are in with a catted X and Bassani C/B, at idle is sounds bad ass with the cams and a WOT it just plain scary. Little loud for around town, I bet the cops will love it too...

EJ23

Established Member
Q about Kooks 3" X pipe..

Is this X pipe a full 3-inchs, front, mid, back? or is it only 3" in? Can I get a option to be able to add 3" cats later? Thanks.:beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
King03Cobra said:
I had mine installed at a shop so I don't know how hard they are to put in. The sound is outrageous, you will like them.
I am looking heavily at the kooks long tubes and JDM catted H. I see you have my setup if I end up going this route. Is the sound still mild at idle and mid throttle?:shrug:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
black03 said:
We just started carrying Kooks stuff!! If there are a few interested I would be glad to put together a GP in celebration of us adding the Kooks Line to our parts list!!
Jared.... please do I am very interested.

:beer:

coakeson

Established Member
Does it really matter if you get the 1 5/8 or the 1 3/4? What do most people with Kooks get? I have just under 500 rwhp, so would the bigger ones be better?

Bad Snake

Established Member
I have the 1 5/8 kooks with the catted h and magnaflows. It is quiet at idle, sounds good at part throttle, and give me a ticket loud at wot. Really like the setup.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Bad Snake said:
I have the 1 5/8 kooks with the catted h and magnaflows. It is quiet at idle, sounds good at part throttle, and give me a ticket loud at wot. Really like the setup.
Bad Snake... GREAT info. Thanks That is just what I wanted to hear. You are located in California... any troubles?!?! Cops, etc...

Bad Snake

Established Member
Last winter I installed them myself with out a lift, or dropping the k member. It took me about 18 hours to install, a few hours at a time, after work. If I would have had a lift I think that I would have dropped the k. Some of the bolts are difficult to get to. I had to bend a 10mm open end wrench to tighten two of the bolts. I had a bung welded in the h for data logging. You won't have a problem with cops as long as you keep your foot out of it. Crusing it's not loud at all, it's just when you romp on it. I can't afford to get tickets, so I look around first. Personally, I couldn't imagine haveing an off road h or x or louder mufflers like the borla stingers. That probally would not go over to well here in the Bay Area. Definitely headers are worth it, it's up to you how loud you want it.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread