**Killer Chiller GB**

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I've had several requests for another KC group buy, so here it is... We're going to offer up two kits in this GB, the standard gen-3 inline kit for $585.00 shipped, and the new parallel drag kit for $799.00 shipped. Free shipping is only valid in the lower 48 states. If you live outside of the lower 48 states, then shipping will be through USPS and calculated accordingly.

We redesigned the KC core assy so you won't see the lines anymore. The new KC core assy can be mounted up-right, or upside down in the foam support. We also redesigned the orifice tube holder for a straight vapor stream just before the 90* input fitting. This system will drop your IC fluid temps about 60~70 degrees. The kit was designed for the do it yourselfer, making it one of our easiest kits to install. We will need 10 members or more to make this GB happen.

The drag kit is a great deal at $200.00 off! The new drag kit has been completely redesigned and now incorporates a new thermal expansion valve (TXV) for another 15 degree drop in IC fluid temps. It also makes it a lot easier to install. If you're making a lot of power and frequent the 1320, than this would be an excellent mod. This kit will get your IC fluid temps colder than what you would see packing ice into your reservoir!

The drag kit comes with a 12V refrigerant valve, allowing you to turn off the A/C inside the cab for charge cooling only (no dripping on the track). It will chill the IC fluid down another 15~20 degrees and chill down time will be quicker because of the reduced thermal load. If you do a lot of drag racing at the track, then this kit would be a good investment. No more icing down the intercooler fluid tank, just start the engine, turn on the A/C, and in about 2-3 minutes your IC fluid will be at, or below freezing!

One of our customers was kind enough to provide install pictures. The install is basically the same as the gen-2 drag kit instructions found on our web site, except you will skip the expansion block portion of the installation, as the new TXV is installed before the system is shipped. This makes the kit installation much easier, and cleaner. > Killer Chiller Drag Kit Photos by weaselp1 | Photobucket

Here are some of the proven benefits:

1) takes advantage of your A/C to provide you with ice cold intercooler fluid.

2) prevents power fade and timing retard due to heat soak.

3) Allows you to run more boost and timing on pump gas.

4) Slightly increases supercharger efficiency.

Please e-mail me your shipping info, (screen name) and contact number. Note: I cannot put you on the list till I receive your info, so please e-mail me if you would like one of these kits.

Here's our e-mail > [email protected]

Link to Cobra KC installation > http://www.killerchiller.com/cobra_instructions_v10_files/KC_Instructions_03Cobra.pdf

Video of reservoir temps. (Old gen-2 kit.)
[youtube_browser]BR7kYFf_MaU[/youtube_browser]

This video illustrates down stream temps with the KC on/KC off. - Note: The quality is not the greatest but it makes the point. In the video you'll see down stream temps with the KC turned on, and then turned off while cruising. Average IAT-2 temps were reduced by 60 degrees using the KC system.

[youtube_browser]_etTIzWR-bs[/youtube_browser]

For those of you getting in on this deal, consider using Industrial 12a for the refrigerant recharge. Here's the info on ENVIRO-SAFE ES-12A > How efficient is ENVIRO-SAFE

If you decide to order, get the Industrial 12a, It's better than the regular ES-12a, and should be charged under a full vacuum. I worked out a deal with the owner for free shipping on the 6 packs. Make note in the comment section "please give me the free shipping under the Kincaid Performance discount".

Go to the link below and scroll down to where it says "introducing our newer Industrial 12a in a can"
Enviro-Safe Refrigerants

Obviously this is not a Cobra, but you can see the excellent job he did insulating the IC lines and tank...you don't have to do this, but it will increase the overall efficiency. You can get this insulation at any hardware store for about 2-3 bucks a stick.

[youtube_browser]askw21vvovw[/youtube_browser]

**HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR A/C SYSTEM**

After you install the kit you will need to pull a full vacuum. If you have an air compressor you can pick up a vacuum pump at Harbor freight for 15 bucks. You can also pick up the manifold gauge set for 50 bucks. Here's what you do.

Connect the red hose to the high side port and the blue hose to the low side port (open both valves on the manifold gauge set). Connect the yellow hose to the vacuum pump, and start your air compressor. Once you've pulled down a full vacuum close both valves (red & blue).

You'll then screw on a 2 ounce can of pag oil to the yellow hose. (Open the blue valve only!) After it pulls in all of the oil, close the blue valve and screw on a can of refrigerant. (Open the blue valve only!) and let it pull in the full can of refrigerant. Once it's empty close the blue valve.

Start the engine and turn on the A/C. Screw in the second can of refrigerant and open the blue valve. let it pull in all of the refrigerant. Once the second can is empty close the blue valve. Keep adding refrigerant to you see 2.5-2.8 X ambient air temp on the high side gauge. So if it's 90 degrees out, multiply it by 2.5 = 225 psi on the high side.

You can pick up a 2 ounce can of pag oil at any automotive parts store.

Here's the info on the vacuum pump.
Vacuum Pump with R134A and R12 Connectors

Here's the info on the manifold gauge set.
A/C Manifold Gauge Set

Thanks!
Joe

Here's the list so far:

1) Trublue
2) fr03cobra
3) ajt9229
4) JTBtheWelder
5) cobracrazee
6) ez2cyil
7) stage2.408

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I think an explanation as to the differences between the standard kit and the drag kit would be a great addition to your post above.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Joe, I got in on the gb for the basic KC last year and have yet to install it. My question is would you offer any type deal for the upgrade to the drag pack from the basic kit like I have? Pm me if youd like, and thanks.

If we get enough people signed up, then I'll be happy to offer you a discount on the drag option. There's a lot of parts involved in this kit, and I get a small price break for quantity orders allowing me to pass it on to you.

- Joe

I think an explanation as to the differences between the standard kit and the drag kit would be a great addition to your post above.

Thanks I guess that would be helpful.. lol

- Joe

supraman1990

Established Member
If we get enough people signed up, then I'll be happy to offer you a discount on the drag option. There's a lot of parts involved in this kit, and I get a small price break for quantity orders allowing me to pass it on to you.

- Joe

Thanks I guess that would be helpful.. lol

- Joe

Im in on the upgrade as long as it isnt extrememly costly if it becomes an option.

TruBlue

Established Member
Hey Joe I sent you an e-mail with my information this morning. I am in for a KC.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Hey Joe I sent you an e-mail with my information this morning. I am in for a KC.

Just got it.

Thanks!
Joe

ill sign up for the drag pack. [email protected]

Shoot me an e-mail with your info, and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks!
Joe

sent a pm and email.

Got it and replied.

Thanks!
Joe

Sent you a email. I'm interested in the standard Gen 3

Thanks! and you're on the list.

-Joe

Ralo

Established Member
I've been tossing the idea around for a while and I'm sure I've ask this but does the AC have to be on in the cab for both/either kit to work?

TruBlue

Established Member
The way I understand it is for the Reg KC is the either the AC or defrost has to be on so the AC pump is working which will blow air into the cab, BUT the Drag KIT has a switch that does NOT require you to turn on the AC or defrost. If I misunderstood that Joe or somebody please correct me.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
The way I understand it is for the Reg KC is the either the AC or defrost has to be on so the AC pump is working which will blow air into the cab, BUT the Drag KIT has a switch that does NOT require you to turn on the AC or defrost. If I misunderstood that Joe or somebody please correct me.

Just reading the explanation in the first post of this thread it looks like you still turn the dial on your dash to A/C or Defrost but you have an additional solenoid with it's own switch you can turn on that will block the flow of the A/C refrigerant going to the cab so only the KC is getting the cooling affect.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Email sent, I'm in for a drag kit!

E-mail replied...I'll put you on the list.

Thanks!
Joe

I've been tossing the idea around for a while and I'm sure I've ask this but does the AC have to be on in the cab for both/either kit to work?

What MalcolmV8 said. Both kits require you to engage the A/C for active cooling, but the drag kit gives you the ability to turn off refrigerant flow to the evap.

- Joe

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
Hmmmmmm......... Should I or shouldn't I?

Can anybody answer me this? With my mods in my sig, how will I benefit from this? Is it worth the mod?

Thanks

By the way, early spring I will be installing a 3.25 upper pulley and a Metco 4lb lower and switching to Corn. Hoping to get into the 700Rwhp club.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread