Killer Chiller Dyno

J.Kincaid

Established Member
So this is a video TPS Motorsports did on the KC system for the 03-04 Cobra. The new gen-3 kit is even colder, and easier to install. We're building kits right now. If you are interested PM me and I'll get you a killer price on a new gen-3 kit.

The sale will be good through the 15th of this month.

[youtube_browser]jl56Q51XSZA[/youtube_browser]

The gen-3 instructions are pretty much the same as the gen-2 instructions. The gen-3 comes with the fittings already crimped for the firewall and condenser hoses, so it makes it easier to install. Here is the gen-2 install instructions. > http://killerchiller.com/cobra_instructions_v10_files/KC_Instructions_03Cobra.pdf

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I really want to order this kit. I can always turn off the a/c before racing someone right or does it have to stay on for the pass?

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I really want to order this kit. I can always turn off the a/c before racing someone right or does it have to stay on for the pass?

Well the compressor will automatically kick off at WOT, but you can manually turn the AC off before the run.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Well the compressor will automatically kick off at WOT, but you can manually turn the AC off before the run.

Remember Joe you can also have the compressor adjusted to turn off at a lower throttle % in your tune as well. I currently have mine set to kick off at 70% just in case I forget to turn it off manually, which I've done at the track and had zero ill effects.

I had the orginal 1g kit and saw 37* post blower IC fluid temps. I then kept the gen1 core and upgraded to Gen2 lines and now have the Gen3 core w/gen2 lines. All systems are standard not the drag kit which I hear works even better! IMO, this is one of the top 3 best bang for the buck mods. for Cobra's! Additionally, Kincaid Perf. is one of the top 3 vendors as well. Joe has bent over backwards for me as well as multiple customers over the years. Hell, he's answered the phone on Sunday's to help customers out of a squeeze while working on their car's.

Last edited:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Remember Joe you can also have the compressor adjusted to turn off at a lower throttle % in your tune as well. I currently have mine set to kick off at 70% just in case I forget to turn it off manually, which I've done at the track and had zero ill effects.

I had the orginal 1g kit and saw 37* post blower IC fluid temps. I then kept the gen1 core and upgraded to Gen2 lines and now have the Gen3 core w/gen2 lines. All systems are standard not the drag kit which I hear works even better! IMO, this is one of the top 3 best bang for the buck mods. for Cobra's! Additionally, Kincaid Perf. is one of the top 3 vendors as well. Joe has bent over backwards for me as well as multiple customers over the years. Hell, he's answered the phone on Sunday's to help customers out of a squeeze while working on their car's.

Thanks Keith, that's good information!

PM sent!!

PM replied.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
If you want a price on the new gen-3 kit please PM me, or e-mail me direct at [email protected]

The price is lower than what a GB price would be, and will only last through the end of this month. I got a really good deal on some of the primary materials we use, and can pass the savings on to my customers.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
If you decide to do a 3 way bypass valve here is a diagram. without the bypass valve your IC fluid temps will be about 50 degrees post-intercooler, and with the HE bypassed the temps would be about 40 degrees post-intercooler.

Edit to add. The fluid is usually 10 degrees colder pre IC. When you measure the fluid temps in the reservoir it's about 10 degrees warmer. So if you read a 50 degree reservoir temp, then the pre IC fluid temps will be about 40 degrees.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
If I did not have the Liquid Cooled KB I would be all over this. If I ever go to the 3.4L I will for sure get this.

fs308

4v noob
Established Member
I bought a drag kit a while back what is the difference between it and the new gen3 kts

J.Kincaid

Established Member

cj428mach

Established Member
I might be interested but have you seen any other installations that aren't in the bumper foam? I don't like the idea of hacking that stuff up on my low mileage car, or does anyone know is all 99-04 Mustang bumper foam the same? Where I could pick up one from a salvage yard to hack up. I'm sure you give up some insulating qualities of the bumper foam by putting the KC out in the open.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I might be interested but have you seen any other installations that aren't in the bumper foam? I don't like the idea of hacking that stuff up on my low mileage car, or does anyone know is all 99-04 Mustang bumper foam the same? Where I could pick up one from a salvage yard to hack up. I'm sure you give up some insulating qualities of the bumper foam by putting the KC out in the open.

All 99-04 mustang kits are installed in the foam support, but we do offer a cradle bracket for our other kits.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member

New front bumper foam is cheap!

Users who are viewing this thread