Kill it with fire!

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Yes stick a cheap turbo on a junkyard LS will make power.will it last? Nope.

Broke asses do LS swaps...
I can name countless 5.3's that have lived very long lives at 700-800rwhp straight out of a junkyard. LS motors are CHEAP to go "fast" in. But once you pass the "fast" threshold into 1krwhp cars they are just as expensive as any other car. However, a turbo junkyard 5.3 fox with 10k in it will run circles around an 03 Cobra with 10k in it.

NMB2

Established Member
I can name countless 5.3's that have lived very long lives at 700-800rwhp straight out of a junkyard. LS motors are CHEAP to go "fast" in. But once you pass the "fast" threshold into 1krwhp cars they are just as expensive as any other car. However, a turbo junkyard 5.3 fox with 10k in it will run circles around an 03 Cobra with 10k in it.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. While you spend your 10k on buying the engine, trans, suspension parts, ect....which all quickly add up.....You'd get further ahead in the Terminator which doesn't need nearly as many parts and already has an engine to hold the power....bolt on fuel, air, clutch. SRA if you get good enough deal on the first 3.

Now, if you meant starting with nothing but 10K, then obviously you get further with your Junkyard fox car as you can't buy a Terminator for 10k.......but at the end of the day you still have a Junkyard Fox instead of a Cobra ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread