Kill it with fire!

thumper

Established Member
Don't get of wrong I like a Windsor the only problem I have with them is price. I'd have more money in an aluminum Windsor block than I'll have in the whole bottom end of an LS. I've even been mid 6's on a stock block 302 but much more than that the block will split. I know first hand about that. I realize I don't have to have an aluminum block but when you start getting faster an faster every little bit counts. For me the pros just far out weigh the cons with a LS.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
I'll have to pay attention next time but I bet running low 8s in a 1/4 gets you pretty close to a 5 in the 1/8. If so your argument is invalid.

thumper

Established Member
Low 8's 1/4 should have you solidly in the 5's 1/8. I was just poking fun when I said can't beat em join em. No argument here I know a Ford can make power, I'm just saying for my money an situation an LS is best for what I'm trying to achieve.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
I don't know your money or situation so I'll take your word for it lol but all in all I hope the ls gets you where you wanna be. Even if I hate it when ppl bastertize a mustang.

MayoSVT

Just slithering through
Established Member
Its a known fact, poor people do ls swaps. They are cheap, everywhere and overplayed. Walk into a junkyard-- oh look a silverado with an ls. 400 bucks to start with or 6000 support obama or be a man...;)

thumper

Established Member
I'll have you know I'm not at all poor. I make damn near $30 an hour at a job I work 40 hours a week. My money an situation is that I have a hell of a lot less money in an all aluminum motor that will make around 600 hp an 700 tq than a motor that needs a blower to make anywhere near that. Yes my car will be a nitrous car an I will have a power adder but it will not need it to have enough torque to pull a greasy string out of a cats ass. People do LS swaps because they work plain an simple. You don't see 2 or 4 value motor swaps because they are shit (termi motors not included). As far as Obama goes he can kiss my ass. Sorry for the rant, we can go back to an intelligent discussion now.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Stupid, why not just get an LS equipped car.

I can halfway understand it on a fox because they are so light, but anything else and your just bastardizing ford.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
F U with that!! This is a great LS swap down to the fart can!
6D6ECBFF-BB06-4D23-A27D-43BEB4CCA949.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll have you know I'm not at all poor. I make damn near $30 an hour at a job I work 40 hours a week. My money an situation is that I have a hell of a lot less money in an all aluminum motor that will make around 600 hp an 700 tq than a motor that needs a blower to make anywhere near that. Yes my car will be a nitrous car an I will have a power adder but it will not need it to have enough torque to pull a greasy string out of a cats ass. People do LS swaps because they work plain an simple. You don't see 2 or 4 value motor swaps because they are shit (termi motors not included). As far as Obama goes he can kiss my ass. Sorry for the rant, we can go back to an intelligent discussion now.

Congrats on your job and making nearly 30 dollars an hour! I know people around here that make twice that and "appear" to have all kinds of money. Turns out a lot of it is debt. I've also seen others make a lot less and have nice stuff, with the only debt being a mortgage payment. I know your likely not trying to brag about your money situation, but remember 30 dollars an hour isn't shit when your talking to others on SVTP forum! :coolman:

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
The swap is easy, the parts are cheap and its a ton of space. Really it's the best of both worlds if you trying to go fast.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I understand it, there cheap to build, there are tons of parts out there, doesn't mean I like it nor would I ever do it. I actually think its a disgrace, being a true Ford guy.

The only thing more expensive than building a Ford is building a Mopar, I don't have any experience with the new stuff but my dad and I are restoring a 68 charger.

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
Why are people brand loyal? What makes someone a "ford guy"? Any logical basis for these opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread